something safe if your nose is stuffed up

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
darateacher

Re : something safe if your nose is stuffed up

Postby darateacher » Sat Oct 18, 2008 06:24 pm

Anne- I'm sorry you catch every cold under the sun! Being an asthmatic, I know what that's like! I normally live on cold-eeze when i'm not pg. I've tried the NaSal...and, yes, I'm squeamish. But, you're right. It works great, too!

annegarrett

Postby annegarrett » Sat Oct 18, 2008 05:43 pm

You know what works well for me is this stuff called NaSal which is essentially salt water--so you can make a warm salt water solution and snuff it up your nose and it will help you clear them out. You could also try the neti pot (as featured on Oprah) which is used in India and however squeamish you are--it really does work.

As someone who has an autoimmune disease that means I get every cold that comes my way--I'm something of a veteran on the common cold. :)

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Sat Oct 18, 2008 05:00 pm

The couch works great too. :) My dh is a total foghorn. Right now with my back, it is the most comfortable place in the world, lol.

darateacher

Postby darateacher » Sat Oct 18, 2008 01:01 pm

You're welcome. :-) I'm glad they work for you, too! I'm also glad these things exist. I love cold remedies/relief that are worry free.

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:37 am

You know, I have these and I've used them in the past. I know they're completely "safe" but totally forgot about them!

Thanks for the reminder!!!

darateacher

something safe if your nose is stuffed up

Postby darateacher » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:20 am

I just realized this last night! DH and I bought some of those nasal strips...the ones that have ZERO meds in them...they're just plastic strips you stick onto the bridge of your nose.

Sure enough, I was able to breathe great and I didn't snore for the first time during my pg! :-) :-) I always snore during the second trimester...did that last year with Aaron.

Anyway, was thinking of all of us who may have colds and want to take something that won't raise our bps and are safe for our LO's. This is totally perfect! NO meds, so there's no way it's not safe. Can't possibly raise bps.

Anyone else try these?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”