Annie Grace has arrived! Updated with Pics....

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
mollysmom05

Annie Grace has arrived! Updated with Pics....

Postby mollysmom05 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 05:07 pm

Hi All,

I ended up in Labor and Delivery last Friday night. Blood pressures were thru the roof and they wanted to do another 24 hour urinalysis on me overnight. I knew that day because I had my u/s and the growth had slowed down just a bit. So by Saturday night, I had - my results - protein was in my urine, I had mild Pre-E and they gave me the steroid shots between Friday and Saturday night. Sunday, my MFM OBGYN was on call and he came right in and said there was no need to wait any longer, the baby was a good gestational weight and we didn't need for me to get sicker.

Annie Grace was born via c-section at 2 p.m. Sunday, November 9th at 2 p.m. She weighed 4 pounds 3 ounces and was 16 3/4 inches long. She's doing phenomenal - only needed the CPAP the first few hours after she was born and has been breathing on her own ever since. I opted to have my tubes tied (Can't go thru this again and feel so blessed to have my 2 girls). I came home today and they transferred Annie to a local hospital with a Level 2 NICU today that's only about 5 miles from our house. Hopefully she will be home before Thanksgiving! I will try to post some pics on here - not sure how to do that so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

Wishing all the other Dec. Due Date buddies a happy healthy Pre-E pregnancy! Thanks to all of you for your support throughout my pregnancy. It's such an awful disease but I am glad I made it was far as I did this time and got to experience for the most part what a pregnancy should feel like!

Lis :0)

I hope this link will work - here's the link to view on kodak gallery: http://www.kodakgallery.com/SendPhotosT ... 6951601735

Return to “Pregnant Again?”