Introducing myself

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
debbie78

Re : Introducing myself

Postby debbie78 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:27 am

Just adding another "welcome" and congratulations on twins!

mama2aredhead

Postby mama2aredhead » Sat Dec 27, 2008 09:53 pm

Welcome! Def find a mfm! That was the best thing I could do for myself! I feel so much better and over watched this time which is a good thing!

jayme

Postby jayme » Fri Dec 26, 2008 08:18 pm

Hi! I also have a history of Pre E & I'm 9 weeks pregnant with twins :)

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Fri Dec 26, 2008 07:17 pm

Jen, welcome and congratulations.

With your history and expecting twins, I would strongly urge you to have your care overseen by a peri/mfm. Twins are a risk factor for preeclampsia - and that's added to the fact you've had pe twice before.

Have you had any testing for underlying disorders - autoimmune and clotting issues? If not, I would be expecting to give rtaher a lot of blood in your near future. I would also be looking to have a baseline 24hr urine test done.

How's your BP out side of pregnancy - are you hypertensive?

Let us know if you need help finding an experienced peri in your area. And good luck!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Fri Dec 26, 2008 07:12 pm

Welcome! Congratulations on your pregnancy and having twins!!

My first piece of advice would be to find a Peri/MFM (high risk OB). Having a history of pre-e puts you at high risk, and then add on top of that a twins pregnancy and you will want to make sure that you are in the best hand possible.

We have a few ladies pregnant with twins around here right now.

Please let us know how you are doing and if you have any questions along the way.

Take care.

wrennie

Postby wrennie » Fri Dec 26, 2008 04:54 pm

Hey Jen, welcome to the boards! Congrats on your twins, how exciting! I dont have any advice on the twins front, but there are a few ladies that are currently expecting twins..so i am sure they will swing by to help you!

Its great that you are looking into managing your care, the best thing is to make sure you are comfortable and have a plan for how you will be monitored through the pregnancy.

good luck to you and "see" ya around!

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Fri Dec 26, 2008 04:30 pm

Welcome!!

And twins!! WOO HOO! I have no advice on twins but hey, it's a double blessing.

Did you get tested for underlying disorders? I would do that if you didn't. And you should probably look into getting a MFM or peri to work with your new doctor...

Keep us posted and congrats!! How wonderful and glad you found us....I've never met a more supportive group of women and they get me through all kinds of things....

jenh

Introducing myself

Postby jenh » Fri Dec 26, 2008 03:16 pm

My name is Jen, and I'm 8 weeks pregnant with a history of pre-E.

I had pre-E with my first daughter, now 5, induced at 35 weeks. I was really sick when she was born.

I also had pre-E with my second daughter, now 2, induced at 37 weeks. This time was more mild (caught almost immediately.)

I just found out, in the ER (everything's fine), that I'm having twins. SHOCKER! I had already decided to switch doctors, and I haven't met the new doctor yet. I'm not sure what he'll say about taking me as a patient what with twins AND my pre-E history. I meet him on Monday, and I'll have a long list of questions for him.

Any advice both on pre-E and twins, is appreciated.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”