Scared

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
betsymu

Re : Scared

Postby betsymu » Wed Jan 28, 2009 08:17 pm

As others had said call the peri and get your tests done at the local labs. When in doubt call your peri.
Hope everything turns out okay.

Betsy.

for faith

Postby for faith » Wed Jan 28, 2009 07:48 pm

Thinking of you, hope everything is going better today. I so agree with everyone. Take care,

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Wed Jan 28, 2009 01:40 pm

I'm with everyone else - call the peri, have him order local labs and take your symptoms seriously.

Please keep us updated.

You and little man are in my prayers.

joker

Postby joker » Wed Jan 28, 2009 09:59 am

Crys, definitely call the peri back and see if he can order labs at a place close to you. Call him back explain the problem with getting to him and your concerns. Don't just wait it out.

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Wed Jan 28, 2009 05:48 am

Crystal, get it checked out to be sure. I know how you feel- lately my BPs have been climbing and I feel ok but I am so scared. But most of the time I think I am ok.... go with your gut. I agree with Amanda, that there are MANY reasons why you might feel crummy but I think you will only feel better if you know for sure that you are ok and that means getting those tests done.

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:37 pm

Crystal -
Yep those local labs would be awesome at least to keep up with where you are right now.

Please know when I say this I am absolutely NO WAY minimizing your concerns however you know, sometimes the mind can do some powerful stuff to us. You are at a milestone moment and you have every reason to be concerned, scared, on edge, and maybe even hopeful- man if that can't turn a stomach along with the terrible and I do terrible stomach bug passing through the US tight now I don't know what else could!

Also and I just thought of this - is it possible that maybe your bump got a little bigger recently?? I know that for me when my utertus enlarged sometimes it smushed up my tummy and I had some pretty bad feeling days.

Again please know I just wanted to throw some not so bad options that it could be - I think of so many of you girls so often and I wouldn't ever want you to think that I was discounting anything or any concern you had.

Now, Carin is getting ready to jump off the train in a few days so you, Miss 29 Weeks now get your place of honor!

wrennie

Postby wrennie » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:06 pm

Crystal,
Sorry to hear about your scare. I agree that you should call the doc back and try to get some labs done locally. It will give you a jump on things. It could be just coincedence (lets hope) but you want to make sure and the only way to know is to be looked at under a microscope. Hang in there girl, and trust your instincts...get rest too!

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Tue Jan 27, 2009 09:31 pm

I can understand why you are scared. Yeah, it could be coincidence, but it might not be. I am in OK too and know the weather situation you are dealing with. I think if I were in your shoes I might call the peri and see if they could order the labs to have done close to home and then keep our original appt for Friday. I do not think you should ignore the symptoms by any means, they are concerning. Please keep us posted.

crystalw

Scared

Postby crystalw » Tue Jan 27, 2009 09:12 pm

My blood pressure has been beautiful this entire pregnancy. I am now 29 weeks and 2 days. This past weekend I had sudden onset of severe nausea. I thought maybe I had caught a bug as my husband was sick just the day before with vomiting, fever and other stomach issues. But I did not have any of those symptoms. I did start having some headaches. I rested all weekend. My blood pressure weren't too bad at all. I did have a couple borderline readings. 143/93 was the highest. Not too concerning. But here is my problem.... I feel like crud.. I just don't feel "right" With my pregnancy with Addison this is how I felt. I never felt good. I never had really high readings for my blood pressure or any of the other "classic" signs of pe. Which is probably why for 7 weeks in went unseen undiagnosed. And whats a symptom of pe? Sudden weight gain? Nope not me.. With Addison I lost 4 pounds right before I was diagnosed. I weighed this morning... I lost 4 pounds. I know that a lot of this could be totally irrelevant but it is making me freak out. Especially because I feel so poorly. :( I called my peri this morning because I was up all night with Nausea and ended up taking Zofran. He wanted me to come in tomorrow. But.... the weather is horrible. On a good day it takes us 2 1/2 hours to get there. The roads are horrible, we are under a state of emergency and travel is strongly discouraged. So I just do not know what to do. I wish he would just order some testing that I could possibly have done here until I can get there. It is supposed to be clear for the rest of the week so I could make it down Friday which was my orginial appointment. Hopefully everything will be okay until then. I'm also not able to eat hardly anything. I just get too nauseated. I made grilled cheese for dinner tonight and normally I could eat 2 sandwhiches no problem but I ate one and thought I was going to barf for sure. I also got a small bowl of potato soup and a small salad for lunch today and only ate the salad and about 1/4 the soup. ugh.. I just wish I knew why I feel so crummy. :(

Return to “Pregnant Again?”