Mason has been born! LONG!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
heather j
Forum Moderator

Re : Mason has been born! LONG!

Postby heather j » Wed Jan 28, 2009 04:30 pm

Goodness, that sounds MORE than scary! Poor little guy (and you, too). So glad everyone is on the other side and SAFE. Congratulations, Candy!

joker

Postby joker » Wed Jan 28, 2009 03:37 pm

Congrats and glad to hear you are both ok! Welcome to the world little Mason!

mada

Postby mada » Wed Jan 28, 2009 03:33 pm

Congrats Candy! Sounds like it was a bit scary there for a minute. SO glad you are both doing well!!

hols537

Postby hols537 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 03:26 pm

Congratulations and welcome Mason!

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Wed Jan 28, 2009 03:04 pm

Congraulations - I'm so happy for you! Yes, pics!!

wrennie

Postby wrennie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 03:03 pm

congrats Candy!!!!!!!!! You did great and I am so happy that little Mason is here safe and sound!!!!!

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Wed Jan 28, 2009 03:03 pm

I believe it was your positive thinking... and already Mason is a GOOD listener.

Congrats! A happy ending and I'm glad both of you are ok. Post pics when you can!

crystalw

Postby crystalw » Wed Jan 28, 2009 02:58 pm

Congrats! Candy I truly believe it was the power of your positive thinking!!! Yay for you!

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Wed Jan 28, 2009 02:43 pm

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see some pictures!!

candyg

Mason has been born! LONG!

Postby candyg » Wed Jan 28, 2009 02:24 pm

Hey Ladies!

I just wanted to let you all know that Mason Daniel was born yeterday at 8:08pm! He weighed 7lbs 1oz and was 21.5 inches long.

It was a pretty traumatic birth for both of us...they broke my water at 8:30am and started the pitocin at 9 am...then we knew it wasn't going to go as planned...Liam's birth was the easy part...it was all the bedrest that had been hard.

Mason's heartrate started dropping with every contration rioght from the beginning. They were concerned, but it was allowed to go one because he would recover well...he was turned face up and they suspected cord involvement...

By 6:30pm...he wasn't recovering nearly as well...I'd had an epi at 3:30pm and I'm so glad that I did! Stress!

They tried to put me in every imaginable position to help him out...no go...I had only dilated one more cm by 7pm...I started the day at 4 and got to 5cm...so they stopped the pitocin completely and let him have a break...and my contractions pretty much stopped...they were giving us until 8pm and then it was section time...I was terrified!

So I decided to ignore everyone. I knew the the nurses would let the doc know if anything was wrong because I been watched like a hawk all day...I started with my toes and tensed and released evey muscle in my body....and I curled up and concentrated on "seeing" him turn and drop into place...I know it sounds ridiculous but I concentrated so hard that I fell asleep...

When I woke up....all I could say was...I feel him in my tailbone...and the nurse got my doc...she checked...and he had turned and I was just a bit shy of 10cms!!!! Everyone was in shock...no one thought that was going to happen!!!

So my doc sprang to it...and I pushed when I felt like it..since my contractions weren't all that regular...

She used the vacuum and then she had to work very fast to get him untangled from his cord and out since he had sort of crashed....I only pushed for 10 mins...

I couldn't breathe until I could hear him. But once out, he rebounded very well...and although he is quite bruised...NO NICU!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure it it was the power of positive thinking or just a lot of luck...but I'm relieved that Mason is here safe and sound!!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”