Any experience with subchronic hematoma

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
betsymu

Re : Any experience with subchronic hematoma

Postby betsymu » Tue Mar 01, 638603 12:48 pm

Hi All,
I had this bleeding like last sunday. Proabably two drops of blood. But after that for almost a week now I have been seeing mostly brown stuff. Does this brown mean that the hematoma is healing itself, or should I be expecting another anytime soon.

kteacher

Postby kteacher » Fri Nov 07, 638600 8:56 am

I had one with this pregnancy...I'm almost 29 weeks now. I had previously in April experienced an ectopic so I was scared to death when I saw blood. I was afraid the blood was from another ectopic. I went in around 5 weeks. Dr. did an ultrasound, found the bleed. He told me to be on pelvic rest, that was the only restrictions. I bleed for 2 weeks, some lighter some heavier. Went back in for an ultrasound and everything was fine. I've had no problems since. I'll be honest there were like weeks after that that I was afraid to wipe for fear of blood (tmi I know). 29 weeks and no problems with the bleed since those first weeks. Good luck! I hope all goes well. Keep us posted.

betsymu

Postby betsymu » Fri Nov 07, 638600 8:05 am

Thank you both for your reply. It really freaks me out. Since last time , I had a polyp where I bleeding red all the time until I miscarried. Hopefully this time my preganancy just turns out fine. It has been brown for the past three days.

jenndola
Forum Moderator

Postby jenndola » Mon Oct 27, 638600 3:35 am

Betsy, I had that at the beginning of my first son's pregnancy. It's incredibly scary to be that early and see bleeding, but as far as I know, they tend to heal up on their own. I also wasn't on a huge number of restrictions other than pelvic rest. After a few weeks, you never would have known I had any problems in the beginning. Hope everything goes well for you.

scrapang

Postby scrapang » Sun Oct 26, 638600 1:16 pm

I had one at the beginning of this pregnancy. I was absolutely sure I had miscarried, I was bleeding like a period. But here I am almost 9 months later with a full term pregnancy! I think I bled on and off for at least a couple weeks, I know we rechecked it by US a few times. It was scary but turned out fine- good luck! Oh and I was not even on any restrictions, either. I sort of took it upon myself to be careful, but nothing formal. I guess much like PE some dr.s feel it helps, others don't.

betsymu

Any experience with subchronic hematoma

Postby betsymu » Sun Oct 26, 638600 4:36 am

Hi all,
I am currently 6 wks pregnant. This Sunday I saw a couple of drops of blood . I was very worried and called my RE and OB.My RE did an ultrasound and told me the baby was ok, but found the source of the bleeeding to be the subchronic hematoma.He just told me to take it easy.He was very confident it was not anything major, and bleeding will stop by itself. However I am on modified bed rest and working from home now.The bleeding has stopped however I have some brown discharge.

Has anybody over here dealt with this. Most of the stuff on the internet about this seems to scare me.

Betsy.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”