28 week ultrasound- good and bad news

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
onesock

Re : 28 week ultrasound- good and bad news

Postby onesock » Fri Apr 29, 638603 2:35 am

You are doing great! Hey 29 weeks freaking rocks :) Just breathe, relax and know that things will take care of themselves. The less stress the better, I don't care what anyone says :)

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Thu Apr 28, 638603 7:37 am

Su - I think that sounds like a good plan - your OB has done a great job of monitoring your pregnancy thus far and you seem like you guys have a great relationship. About expensive - yes babies are expensive but just wait till Samar gets older - they get more expensive as they grow!

This is getting so exciting!!! So glad to hear that you sound good - big hugs from Georgia!

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Thu Apr 28, 638603 7:31 am

Jen I feel like what I go through you echo- and I am ok with schooling but it's the work that's the most stress....

We'll see what my OB says.

Ha. I decided I have to get used to being broke anyway- babies are an expensive adventure!

joker

Postby joker » Thu Apr 28, 638603 5:04 am

Su, I am so glad that Samar is doing well, but I can totally understand the stress you are feeling about bedrest and what that means financially. I keep trying to remind myself that it is just money and that in the long run, it doesn't mean anything. You are getting so close, I know you have the strength to make it through the rest of this pregnancy. Could you take incompletes in your schooling? I know it isn't ideal, but you need to do what is best for you and Samar.

wrennie

Postby wrennie » Sat Apr 16, 638603 9:15 pm

Su, great to hear that Samar is doing so well!

I know the feeling of hearing "bedrest" and I definitely know the feeling of hearing that at 28 weeks. That was me too! It is hard to accept it, to kind of put the brakes on everything. But, I think I mentioned it before that bedrest will help you slow down, get those bps under control before they control you, and allow you to relax a little bit for the later part of your pregnancy.

For me, bedrest was the hardest thing I have ever done. It just made the time go even slower when all I wanted was to get to the end and know the outcome. Not knowing, and waiting, was the worst. But, after a few weeks I started to relax. As I moved further and further into the 30 week time frame, it got easier to relax. Only fleeting moments of my body failing would surface, but because I was sitting there doing nothing, I was able to convince myself that my body was NOT stressed this time and therefore it was NOT going to fail me again.

I dont really know what I am trying to say, except maybe be open to your bedrest and the positive feelings you may gain from it. Your stresses will be absent and will hopefully allow you to relax in the pregnancy a bit more, making it a tad more normal. Of course, the worry doesnt go away, but I think when you have the mindset your doing everything you CAN, it helps you relax a bit more.

Hang in there....bedrest is hard, but YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!! TRUST ME!

and, in the end, as everyone told me, YOU WILL FORGET ABOUT ALL THE TIME YOU SPENT ON THE COUCH!

dolphinjen

Postby dolphinjen » Sat Apr 16, 638603 5:33 pm

quote:Originally posted by suleaf

Thank you ladies. I just feel like IRL I have friends who all had simple pregnancies- I mean, all pregnancies are tough but you know what I mean... no bedrest, no complications, etc.

So you would go back when Fall starts? That actually sounds the best, I'm thinking of what you said that it's hard for your students to not have consistency. So they can have a long term sub, and you can take care of yourself. Then you have time to spend with your little guy which is going to be so great.

Can you do light housework? I hate having a messy house, so if you can just pick up, etc, that will be nice.

Money...I think taking money out of retirement now sounds good. I mean, people are losing money hand over fist anyway with the market being as it is, there's really no better time to mess with it. It's kind of like, you're losing it anyway, might as well use it now, think of it like using it for Samar's schooling or something, for him.

You are an amazing mother and you are taking such good care of your little boy. I'm so happy for you...things are going to be great.

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Sat Apr 16, 638603 3:23 pm

Thank you ladies. I just feel like IRL I have friends who all had simple pregnancies- I mean, all pregnancies are tough but you know what I mean... no bedrest, no complications, etc.

I know this is the best thing. I'm tired and worn out. I am keeping up an insane pace between teaching full time and being a student part time. For example I have class tomorrow from 8 to 3 and on Monday night from 5 to 8:30- and I have to get up at 5 am to go to work every day. I have projects for class and grading for my students- I have to admit it's almost impossible and no wonder my BPs are up....

I'm just used to doing EVERYTHING and so far, like someone said, I'd had a pregnancy that seemed just fine.

But clearly my body is stressed and telling me something.

So we figured out a plan, taking money from retirement accounts if need be, and we will manage. Being home means spending less in a sense.... so that helps.

I was a bit emotional today but it's ok- I am accepting it all. It's hard to accept that I have my limitations!

Mostly I am just so grateful that my little boy is doing well. And he is my main focus. So I guess it means I just to turn some of my attention to myself so he can continue to do well....

I will probably be fine by the time I talk to the OB next Thursday.... he will probably defer to the peri and I'll be all right with it.

melodi

Postby melodi » Sat Apr 16, 638603 2:53 pm

I am very happy that Samar is doing so well. That is truly wonderful. Sorry about your work situation, though. Don't know what to say to comfort you about that, just that the most important is that you and the baby are doing fine. I know exactly what you mean about not having a normal pregnancy. It seems like having babies is so easy to the rest of the world and that many people take for granted that they can plan when having their children, how many and with what distance in between them. I cannot help myself and still think it is so unfair. Anyway, I am sure that you will be just fine. Hugs.

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Sat Apr 16, 638603 7:02 am

Su! Great news about Samar! I'm so glad to hear that he is doing so very well in there. You are doing a fantastic job, and you just remember that, momma. <3

I can imagine how stressful the thought of not working anymore might be, and the financial stress that goes along with it. However, like others have said, it will work itself out and right now-- you and Samar are most important. It *will* be okay. Thinking of you, and sending you a virtual hug. :)

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Sat Apr 16, 638603 4:05 am

Su, I am so happy to hear about your BIG little boy! He is growing so well. I know that when my doctor told me no more work for you, I cried also. It was a Wednesday, and I said can I at least finish out the week, and the Doc said, you can go in today and clear things up and that is it. It is emotional on so many levels, the financial being a large part of it. You are doing a great job, and you will continue to do a great job. Hugs to you.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”