It's probably hellp again

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
amanda
Forum Moderator

Re : It's probably hellp again

Postby amanda » Fri Feb 20, 2009 07:09 am

Misty - hoping to see an update on you soon - please do let us know what's going on if you can.

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:13 pm

Misty, I went from 'feeling a little funny' to nearly losing my life in just a few short hours. I know I am repeating what has already been said, but please get yourself into L&D. Wishing you the best.

denise

Postby denise » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:10 pm

Misty, please do consider parking yourself at the hospital until delivery. I'm one of the HELLP ladies who went from fine to being very sick within 12-24 hours. And that's slow compared to some of the ladies, like Anne & Catherine. Baby is in a good spot to be born if things continue to go south, and we'd like a healthy momma along with that babe.

rebeccac

Postby rebeccac » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:36 pm

I would really want to be on hospital bedrest and watch if they are suspecting HELLP. I had *no idea* what HELLP was until after DS was delivered and had to research it on my own. It develops so fast that it can't and shouldn't be put on a "wait" list for your doctor to get back.

annegarrett

Postby annegarrett » Thu Feb 19, 2009 09:59 pm

I'm with Catherine, Fiona, and Caryn--and I know at least two of us are HELLP survivors. Catherine and I would not be here today had we not been in the hospital when all h**l broke loose. I know Catherine barely made it--and I suppose I barely did as well. As Fiona said--0-60 in a nanosecond. I was admitted with "mild preeclampsia" (no sign of HELLP) at noon and by midnight was dying due to massive organ failure and HELLP. Fortunately my son was delivered (about the same time in pregnancy as you are) and was in much better shape than I was. He didn't even need to stay in the NICU a day but I was in intensive care for three. Personally--I'd go to the hospital. My doctor told me that he wouldn't let a woman with known preeclampsia--let alone HELLP--go beyond 36 weeks--because the risk of bad things happening is just too high. That's my advice, for what it's worth.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Thu Feb 19, 2009 09:46 pm

Yeah, what they said.

HELLP leads straight to liver rupture and kidney failure and it doesn't take any time at all to do that. I'd go back in and beg for mag, myself.

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Thu Feb 19, 2009 09:39 pm

Hey Misty,

you know you're scaring the living daylights out of us, here. They think you have HELLP and you are at home? You know how fast it can progress, right? You know it's a 0-60, stable - death's door kind of complication?

Honestly, I'd be so much happier if you got your DH to pack a bag and take you straight back in. I am amazed they didn't tie you to the bed.

catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby catherine » Thu Feb 19, 2009 08:29 pm

Be vigilant, IMHO HELLP is something that you should only have in hospital!

sdbaby1984

Postby sdbaby1984 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 08:10 pm

The peri offered to keep me in the hospital, but since I live so close we decided I would come in if I feel anything strange. My repeat tests came back the same, alt still at 49 and platelet at 127,000. We'll repeat everything tomorrow and I'm monitoring my pressure at home. Thanks for all your kind words.

joker

Postby joker » Thu Feb 19, 2009 07:19 pm

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that, but so glad that you are being watched so closely! Keep us updated when you can!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”