14 weeks pregnant and BP a little high.

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
betsymu

Re : 14 weeks pregnant and BP a little high.

Postby betsymu » Fri Jan 23, 638607 9:14 am

Thanks everybody for all your replies. This puts my mind at ease a little.

babyemsmom

Postby babyemsmom » Fri Jan 23, 638607 1:16 am

Just wanted to add my experience. I am a chronic girl too. I was only on 250 of aldomet during my pregnancy and that controlled my BP until around 32-33 weeks...then we started adjusting since my BP was getting higher in the 3rd trimester. My BP was pretty low 100-110/60-70 for the first two trimesters. I was induced at 39 weeks and didn't develop PE until post partum. Although it was scary, I still feel like my story is great! My baby was perfectly healthy! Thought that might brighten your day a little. I know pregnancy is scary in itself and it's even scarier when you go into it knowing that you could have complications. It sounds like you have great doctors and if you are nervous about your BP then maybe you could talk to them about meds again.

Good luck and please keep us posted!

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Mon Jan 12, 638607 3:33 am

Everyone's different. And I know my plan is a little different b/c I already had PE once. I was told that I most likely will not go off my meds even though it is common for women w/ cht to go off their meds in early/mid pregnancy. Very common. My nephrologist and my first MFM told me that - but - again - I already had PE (I was not on BP meds in my first pregnancy) so my care for this pregnancy might be a little different from the norm.

I know you are nervous and I know it seems like everybody gets sick around here. Just remember that the odds are in your favor! Cht is managed in pregnancy all the time. It sounds like your BP is well controlled and you're being monitored carefully. If you feel nervous - talk to your docs. Maybe try some prenantal yoga, meditation or guided imagery - something to help you unwind. Take moderate walks and get some rest. Lying on your left side is a good daily activity. It is beneficial for maximum blood flow and your kidneys. You're a great mamma already!

betsymu

Postby betsymu » Mon Jan 12, 638607 1:55 am

My top numbers were usually in the range of (105- 113) and the bottom numbers were around 71 usually.

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Mon Jan 12, 638607 1:36 am

I'm now a "chronic gal" and I'm still on my meds at 9w preggie. My BP hasn't gotten too low. My lowest was 98/62 but I usually stay around 100-110/68-70 these days. May I ask how low you were getting before they lowered your meds? I've read about a lot of women w/ cht being allowed to have a little higher BPs - and they usually don't medicate BP during pregnancy under 140/90, sometimes even 150/100. I know - scary! My nephrologist said we'd adjust my meds to a lower dose if my #s go below 90s/60s. My MFM said that "might" happen sometime in the second trimester. I know it is scary to have higher readings - I'm loving my current lows - but suspect that they'll get higher later in pregnancy - which is totally normal and I'll probably need medication adjustments.

Just remember this: women w/ cht only have a 25% change of getting any degree of PE. So that means a 75% chance of no PE at all! Most women w/ cht have wonderful pregnancies b/c their bp is being closely monitored and managed. The odds are in your favor!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Mon Jan 12, 638607 1:13 am

We find that most Peris dont worry about their cronic gals until their bps are as you mentioned - the reason being that the baby is used to those readings. It does seem scary to be allowed to go so much higher than non-cronic pregnant mamas, but we find this all of the time on here.

I hope that hearing that you are not alone eases your worries.

betsymu

14 weeks pregnant and BP a little high.

Postby betsymu » Mon Jan 12, 638607 12:57 am

Hi All,

I am currently 14 wks pregnant. I have not had pre e before but
am a chronic. I am seeing a perinatologist and am so far happy under his care.I was initially on 1250 mg of aldoment, due to my low readings this was decreased to 1000mg and then later to 500mg. Last Friday since my readings were still low, he completely took me off Aldomet.From then on I have been taking my BP readings continuously
and today the readings were little high , top numbers in the range
(120- 130)'s and the bottoms have been from (85-89).

This freaked me out and I called my Peri . He feels this is absoultey fine. He feels that with my previous low readings the baby would not grow well. He feels it is fine as long as the top readings are within 150 and the bottom is within 100.

Since I see that most of you over here show readings in the range of 110/ 70 . I am a little worried about it.

Please advice.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”