words of wisdom from the MIL...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Re : words of wisdom from the MIL...

Postby sheri-ct » Tue Apr 28, 2009 07:50 pm

Aren't MILs the best? Remember the MIL on Everybody Love Raymond? My MIL looks and acts just like her. My SIL (married to DH's brother, so it's also her MIL) couldn't watch that show.......said it was too painful. The worst part is she is a retired nurse that thinks she is a doctor. She is always saying CRAZY things like "babies born at 7 months do so much better than babies born at 8 months".........Really? I'll be sure to share that with my OB so she doesn't keep my baby in too long. We would want to keep him/her in and risk lung development........INSANE!!!

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:23 am

quote:Originally posted by suleaf

I totally ignore my MIL calls too. And when I pick up, I hear weird things too- like- oh, make sure that Samar has no milk on his mouth. Ok, I say, why? Because the cats will go into his mouth for a meal. And then they will suck his breath away.

Seriously? That is the absolute BEST one I've heard in a while!

And Joanne - Sick if you nurse while pregnant?

I would have been tempted to ask both of them where they heard such a thing.

But then again...
Maybe not.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:01 pm

Yeehaw! ;)

joannek

Postby joannek » Sun Apr 26, 2009 05:34 pm

Let's hear it for all us brazen hussies!!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:34 pm

You know what frightens me most (and I say this as someone who possesses such a model of MIL)? That one day, sadly, when my sweet little baby boy is taken away by some brazen hussy that I will morph into my worst nightmare - my MIL. LOL. I'm joking, of course, but there are a lot of crazy mamas out there!

shierman

Postby shierman » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:06 am

I love my MIL, but in SMALL doses. She also says some pretty crazy stuff. But, she is my husband's mother and will continue to be a part of our lives, so I deal- even when I feel my BP rising. Some days, the only reason I don't go off on her is because I keep thinking about how I hope to be a MIL one day and need to learn what not to do.

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:48 am

Where do mother-in-laws come from? I know that some are great; however, mine is from a different planet. I developed PE was because I was fat. That is her explanation for everything. I never answer the phone when she calls - thank goodness for caller ID! I agree that talking to your MIL as little as possible will help eliminate stress. Hopefully she won't be at the delivery, like mine was last time. She will not be there this time - I am going to make sure of it. Good luck - try to ignore her insane comments :)

waitinghopefully

Postby waitinghopefully » Sat Apr 25, 2009 05:40 am

You know I keep meaning to call the phone company there seems to be an intermittent problem with our line :)

jenndola
Forum Moderator

Postby jenndola » Sat Apr 25, 2009 00:12 am

I'm a pro at screening calls from the in-laws (and not just MIL...SIL is an unmedicated bipolar). I highly recommend it. Repeat after me: "Oh, did you call? I must have been in the bathroom." ;)

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:43 pm

Ignore. I too ignore the MIL. It is part of my Self Care Plan.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”