Ready, set, go!!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
debbie78

Re : Ready, set, go!!

Postby debbie78 » Fri May 22, 2009 04:15 pm

Almost time, Mandy. How exciting! <3

mandy0913

Postby mandy0913 » Fri May 22, 2009 03:11 pm

Thank you all so much, it has been so wonderful to have you guys through this! I was so scared and nervous coming into this pregnancy and this board has truly been a saving grace for me. I have found advice, support, laughter, and an abundance of kindness here. I can honestly say that it would have been a lot more difficult to go through this without this board and all of you lovely ladies here! So, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I am going to take it easy this weekend, while still trying to keep busy. I just can't sit still, I feel like I can hear the seconds ticking on the clock while I sit. So, I have to keep moving otherwise time will drag by entirely too slowly for me. I am resting though, just in short spans more often throughout the day.

I am going to post her story and pics ASAP after we get home! I absolutely cannot wait to see how pretty she is! It is driving me crazy!

5 more days....:)

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Fri May 22, 2009 10:17 am

Here you go! I'm so excited for you. I would say rest up too but I know it's a little exciting waiting! I hope you have an easy delivery, quick recovery, and a great hospital experience.

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Fri May 22, 2009 09:29 am

Wowweeeeeee...I knew time would pass quickly, but Whoa! here you are. I'm so super happy for you and will be checking in for pictures and info. Wishing you everything wonderful you've been dreaming of and a healthful recovery. XO

PS Try for some rest too!

gilld

Postby gilld » Fri May 22, 2009 09:25 am

Good luck Mandy!

You are the first person I've read about that has had PE much more severely second time around. I too had mild PE with first at 36 weeks and then severe PE with second at 24 weeks, losing my second son. Have not come across it happening this way around before so I've watched your story with interest and am so pleased for you.

henryandmandy

Postby henryandmandy » Fri May 22, 2009 09:15 am

Oh I can't wait to hear all about it! Best wishes for a great section and a speedy recovery :).

mikeys mom

Postby mikeys mom » Fri May 22, 2009 06:48 am

Good luck on Wednesday!!!

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Thu May 21, 2009 09:46 pm

Wow. I bet you are so excited!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Thu May 21, 2009 08:30 pm

I look forward to reading your birth story.

Try to take it easy this weekend too.

mandy0913

Ready, set, go!!

Postby mandy0913 » Thu May 21, 2009 06:47 pm

So, I had my appt today and got all my paperwork ready for section, signed consent for tubal and got orders for pre-op bloodwork. It was so very surreal to be sitting there discussing the section and the game plan for her birth. I think I am still in disbelief that we have actually made it. It is an amazing feeling and I feel truly blessed to be where we are today.

I got home and set up the bassinet in our room, got the living room half way set up for my recovery from section, and got a couple little things done. This weekend is spring cleaning, and that's it. I am trying to stay as busy as I can so the time flies by.

I don't have a laptop, so as soon as we get home I will get pictures uploaded for you guys! And of course, her story! I can't wait to share it....

Return to “Pregnant Again?”