Lots going on, LONG!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
heather j
Forum Moderator

Re : Lots going on, LONG!

Postby heather j » Thu May 28, 2009 10:36 pm

I think you did, too, but didn't want to say it! I'm so glad you got the reassurance you needed. Keep cooking those little fellas!

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Thu May 28, 2009 10:12 pm

What a great update! Your OB sounds awesome!

wrennie

Postby wrennie » Thu May 28, 2009 09:57 pm

Jayme, glad you got much needed reassurance. You have a right to be nervous and its good to be proactive! Glad all is well!

jayme

Postby jayme » Thu May 28, 2009 08:20 pm

My OB today was AMAZING in reassuring me and answering every last question!
He showed me how both babies scored 10/10 on the NST/BPP, and how there was not even an indication to do the doppler study, since my BP is great and neither baby is IUGR. He said a baby with blood flow issues would NOT score perfect. He said he wishes the tech never did that, and it wasn't requested of her. He even consulted with my MFM on the phone while I was right there. My belly has grown 4-5 weeks worth in the past two weeks- I'm now measuring 37 weeks- so he's super happy with that, says it's a great indication that my twins are also growing well. Both the OB and the MFM are content to wait until Monday to do the growth scan, as scheduled. He said there was nothing that indicated that the babies need to come anytime soon- he's super happy with my health as well as theirs. He even ran a pre-e/HELLP panel just to reassure me further that I am doing ok and not hurting the babies.
I am seeing someone at least once a week- usually between the MFM, OB, NSTs and Nephrologist I have two appointments a week. I am almost 31 weeks. I think I just got a crappy tech yesterday.

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Thu May 28, 2009 03:58 pm

Jayme -
I know how scary all this is. I'm also in agreement with Heather - someone needs to call the shots, for everyone involved. Big hugs!

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Thu May 28, 2009 01:03 pm

Oh, Jayme, I agree with Heather, too. I can imagine how anxious you must be over everything. I will be thinking of you and your babies. (((Hugs)))

joker

Postby joker » Thu May 28, 2009 12:47 am

Jayme, I agree with Heather as well. Definitely find out what indicators will be used for delivery. Before Alison was born, I flat out told my OB that I was ready to deliver as soon as necessary to make sure she was safe. Of course the tears were flowing when I talked to her, but it helped her to fully understand just how scared I was for the baby. Big Hugs.

saving_grace

Postby saving_grace » Thu May 28, 2009 10:18 am

How scary and difficult this time must be for you. Let us know what the other two doctors say today. Praying that all is well with your babies.

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Thu May 28, 2009 06:04 am

Jayme thinking of you. I agree with Heather.... ask about it and find out what will make it a case to deliver. How scary though... I am hoping Baby B is ok too!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Wed May 27, 2009 11:19 pm

Oh, Jayme, how stressful and scary. How many weeks are you now? Around 30ish? How often are you seeing someone (either the MFM, OB, or nephrologist)? Honestly, I'd have a serious talk with the one who makes the decisions (the MFM?) and tell him/her what you've said here. I would ask for a) reassurance or b) what indicators need to be in place to bring on delivery. Did your MFM express the same concern that the tech did? I'm sorry that the tech made those comments and no one followed up on it with you. Definitely update as you're able, okay?

Thinking of you (and your babies),

Return to “Pregnant Again?”