DOLPHINJEN

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
brianned5

Re : DOLPHINJEN

Postby brianned5 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 07:42 am

Congratulations. I'll keep you and Lily in my thoughts and prayers.

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 07:33 pm

Happy Birthday, sweet Lily. <3 I am so glad that Lily is doing well, and I hope you are feeling better, momma.

threesparkles

Postby threesparkles » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:05 am

Congrats on Baby Lily! She sounds like quite a fighter, indeed :D

milesymommy

Postby milesymommy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 09:26 am

Congratulations! It is wonderful that you are getting to BF her. I know the days ahead will seem long until she comes home, but she is in wonderful hands and getting the care needed.

susheli

Postby susheli » Mon Jun 01, 2009 06:33 am

I'm so glad Lily is doing well and showing her strength. I know what you mean about preemies seeming so strong - I felt the same about Aurelia when she was in the NICU. Our tiniest ones have to endure so much and do so with such grace. I read once that preemies tend to be fighter personalities all their lives, and see and admire than strength in my Aurelia still.
I also know what you mean that it feels so wonderful to be able to give your preemie breast milk, full of Momma's love and something only we can give them.
I'm thinking of you and Lily and am always glad to read an update. I hope you're beginning to feel better too, Jenny, and that your bps are stabalizing. ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

dolphinjen

Postby dolphinjen » Sun May 31, 2009 09:38 pm

Lily got a PIC line (I think that's the right word) and she did really well. I am starting to feed her a bit of my breastmilk which is such a good feeling that I can help her with something. I suppose I should be posting these on another board (Once Baby is Born or Preemie board) but I just wanted to let everyone know here that Lily is fighting like a little pistol and I am proud of her will. These little kids are amazing, we see them as defenseless little babies but they are souls stronger probably than many "grown" people we know. Know that as you nurture you unborn little ones and take care of yourselves.

dbronson

Postby dbronson » Sun May 31, 2009 09:28 pm

Jen- Glad things are good with Lily and you sound like a real brave trooper! Hugs and well wishes!

mandy0913

Postby mandy0913 » Sun May 31, 2009 10:53 am

First of all, congratulations since I haven't said that yet!!! Isn't it a wonderful feeling???

I am glad to hear that Lily is getting the care she needs, and I know in my heart she will be out of the NICU in no time, in wonderful health. I will pray for you and your family, and I will also put you on the prayer list at my church. A ton of prayers are coming your way, and yes they most certainly work...I will keep checking on you, please keep us updated!

:) Many hugs your way...

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Sun May 31, 2009 09:22 am

Jen,

Glad to hear that Lily is doing well. She's under great care in the NICU. I am sorry to hear that PE is still there. I had it for days after I delivered. It stinks. My good friend's husband was a nursing student at the university hospital where I delivered Hannah. He said that my delivery ended up being one of their cases that they learned about in one of their classes. I was embarrassed at first, but then I was glad that others were learning from my experience. It sounds like you have taught the doctors there some new stuff, too! Hope you feel better soon!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Sat May 30, 2009 07:02 pm

Thanks so much for the update - I hope that Lily took her feeding tonight.

You are a star now - their most challenging case - that is something to talk about! Don't forget to take care of yourself.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”