Anyone heard from Sush?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
debbie78

Re : Anyone heard from Sush?

Postby debbie78 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 08:37 am

So glad to see an update, Sush. :)

I know how hard it is to not be miserable in the end, but hang in there. Gosh, you are nearly *there*!! How wonderful. I can't wait to "meet" your babe. <3

kotokage

Postby kotokage » Thu Aug 06, 2009 03:08 pm

Sush, good to hear from you! I was starting to get worried, too. I know exactly how you feel about waiting. It is scary, and it is miserable laying around. It is hard to be happy about waiting when you're so ready to be done, even though you are doing so much better than last time.
I'm sorry Baby Helena's growth is becoming concerning to you. Bulk up baby thoughts are coming your way! Hopefully they're underestimating rather than overestimating her size (it can go either way).
I guess its normal to have trouble feeling grateful...if you read my whiny rant I posted today you know I feel the same way!
Here's to both of us going into labor before we go crazy!

susheli

Postby susheli » Thu Aug 06, 2009 02:59 pm

Dear Kristin,
Thank you for thinking of me - I'm really touched... ((((((((hugs)))))))) (And I feel bad for not having answered you on FB or commented on those adorable pictures of little Beaux - you must post some here too so everyone can see him!)

It is very hot here in Paris and I have been struggling more than expected with feeling down and scared at this stage plus getting headaches which are from my aching back from lying down so much... I'm trying hard not to let it get the better of me, but I've been struggling... I feel guilty for feeling bad because my doctor is very happy with my progress and bp/PE-wise nothing has much changed since I last updated - same bp numbers and still under 400mg proteins. Which IS great.

I had a growth scan at the beginning of the week and baby Helena is smaller that she's been - her growth has slowed down (to 20th percentile) they said but it's not IUGR and they're not worried for her. Apparently she's going to be a small baby - estimated 5.2 pounds right now (at almost 37 weeks). I asked if it was my higher pressures or the notch, but just got told again not to worry. Maybe they don't know or it is normal? Of course with Aurelia's history of underestimated IUGR I can't STOP worrying...
My doctor said again that if all continues like this, I will stay pregnant until I go into labor naturally as this is my best chance to have a VBAC. I am trying to feel positive about this. The last time I had my NST (yesterday) I was next to a woman in the same situation - mild PE - at 40+ weeks after a first c-section and she was being seen in hospital every day but they were not inducing her either. I felt so sorry for her as she was really upset and I just hope that won't be me soon. But of course that situation is much, much better than getting very sick (which I am also scared will happen...)
I also found out yesterdayt that I am 1cm dilated, which is the first time I've ever been dilated. Hopefully that means I'll deliver sooner rather than later.

I know I'm being watched carefully and that having to get through these last weeks waiting is actually a pretty "normal" experience. I also know I need to trust my doctor - the last time I saw her there was a woman after me who had come to my high risk hospital all the way from Africa (!!) to have a pre-conception appointment my doctor. So she must be pretty amazing...
I AM also thrilled and grateful to be at 36w 5d, so close to term. I'm going to have a termie!!
I think I haven't posted also because I feel horrible for not feeling more grateful right now... but I don't want anyone to worry or think I'm not alright. :)
Thanks for listening!

coachswife14

Anyone heard from Sush?

Postby coachswife14 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 09:58 am

Hello all,
Sorry I've been MIA but I've been up to my eyeballs in brand new baby fun!! :) I am hoping to have pics uploaded and write out my birth story for little Beaux over the weekend.

In the meantime, has anyone heard from Sush? I haven't seen her post in a few days on here, and I haven't heard from her on Facebook either. I'm hoping all is well and I'm just being paranoid....I just know she's getting so close to "term."

Hope you all are doing well! Thanks again for all the support you provided during the last few weeks of my pregnancy when things were so difficult.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”