going in for us #2 **UPDATED**

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
lukesmom06

Re : going in for us #2 **UPDATED**

Postby lukesmom06 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 03:01 pm

I replied in your original post that my bleeding was a subchorionic hemorrage. It took about 4-6 weeks before we did not see any of it on the u/s. How it effects you also depends on where it was. Mine was considered large. My OB and RE reccommended all the things you mentioned, I was on bedrest for 4 weeks after. The big danger is pre-mature rupture of membranes. Just take it easy and your body should be able to resolve it!
you are in my prayers!

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Sun Aug 30, 2009 08:48 pm

Congratulations on the heartbeat! I'm so happy for you guys...I've heard of people having a hematoma before and I know it's concerning but Kathy is right - keep focused on your little beans heartbeat! I hope you get to talk with the OB soon so you can get a game plan going!

kathyc

Postby kathyc » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:42 pm

Hi Jamie,

I had a subchorionic hematoma with my last baby, so I know how frightening that is. Your docs seem to be on top of things. I heard all those recommendations too...stop the LDA, rest, no work, etc. But I also took vitamin C. I was seeing a reproductive endocrinologist at the time after having lost two pregnancies. He said vitamin C helps heal membranes. You may want to ask your OB about it. Try to stay focused on that little heartbeat. That's what matters!!

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:13 pm

Hi Jamie

I hope you keep seeing heartbeat after heartbeat after heartbeat. Good luck!!! :-)

Cheers

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Sat Aug 29, 2009 02:51 pm

Thanks ladies! I talked to 2 different dr regarding the bleed. One was the OB on-call who I felt just gave me standard answers- stop the LDA until you haven't bled for a week. Pelvic rest and take it easy as much as possible ... but no work restrictions even though I am on my feet all day long - she said to try and minimize it.

Then the OB who is covering for my OB called me this morning - what a great guy! He had talked to me after mondays scare so he was interested in yesterday's results. He recommends the same as on-call doc with the addition of not going back to work until Thursday. He also recommended a follow-up us in 2 weeks.

He made me feel so much better and said most of these cases resolve on their own and that even though it increases the risk of miscarriage - the fact I am measuring right where I should be and have a heart beat is a positive sign. He also told me the situation is usually monitored by them - regular OBs.Since I will be going high-risk though they may take over- but the bleed doesn't make me high risk - the pre-e did.

Now I will take off at least Monday and talk to MY ob - but she will probably just set me up with my high risk OB. The hubby is making me not move from the couch this weekend in hopes the bleed is reabsorbed - can't hurt.

Still so HAPPY to see the heart beat. The doctor was great - after she heard what happened in my last pregnancy - she instantly zoomed in on the little sprout with the heartbeat and made sure both hubby and I saw it before she started looking around at other things :) She was great. Then after showing me the bleed - at the end of the us- she zoomed back in on the heartbeat and had us look again. She was really trying to be supportive and kept focusing us to that heart beat!

brockner1

Postby brockner1 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:16 am

Yay! I am so happy for you....just think positive, i am sure you will have a healthy baby...

cheleandcallidora

Postby cheleandcallidora » Sat Aug 29, 2009 09:28 am

Yay! I am so happy there was a heartbeat. Keep us posted. I hope everything goes well.

melissaanello

Postby melissaanello » Fri Aug 28, 2009 09:14 pm

yay for a heartbeat!

let us know about the update with the bleed!

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Fri Aug 28, 2009 07:45 pm

Good news on the heart beat & that you have a explanation for the bleeding! :)

I've never had a subchorionic hematoma but my understanding is that it'll either slowly get reabsorbed or you'll have some more bleeding as the blood comes out. They'll probably check it the next time you have an u/s to see if it's getting smaller. I have heard of people either being on "take it easy" bedrest or on pelvic rest (no sex) so your OB will best be able to tell you if there are any precautions *you* should take.

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Fri Aug 28, 2009 07:39 pm

Glad your news was good. Seeing the heartbeat so early is so amazing and wonderful and helpful! I hope you get some good care and info about your hematoma.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”