Baby is here!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
deacondog19

Re : Baby is here!

Postby deacondog19 » Fri Dec 23, 638625 7:57 am

Congrats Mamma ! I LOVE the name !!

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Fri Dec 23, 638625 7:19 am

Congratulations and welcome Asher!!!

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Fri Dec 23, 638625 4:15 am

Big baby! That is great! I am so glad you are both healthy :)

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Tue Dec 13, 638625 6:35 am

Welcome Earthside, Asher!

amandaoasis

Postby amandaoasis » Tue Dec 13, 638625 3:12 am

Oh my...sorry for the drama and I hope you get to feeling better. Congrats on the arrival of Asher, what a cute name!

cheleandcallidora

Baby is here!

Postby cheleandcallidora » Tue Dec 13, 638625 2:55 am

I went in on Fri and had my little guy. Not everything went as planned but he is out and doing well.

I got up at 4am so I could get ready and get DD to a sitter and be to the hospital by 7. They started my pitocin at 9am and broke my water at 10am. The nurse had me get up and walk to get things going but instead it stopped all contractions. Once I got back in bed it started up again but they ended up needing double what they would normally use to get baby delivered. It was a very long day! I got an epidural at 8pm. That made my contractions really irregular. I ended up having him at 11:57pm.

He surprised us all when he weighed in at 7 lbs and was 20 1/4 in. We couldn't figure out how he measured so small on the ultrasounds. He did end up having a nuchal cord and the Dr. said I had a grade 3 placenta. I held him for a few seconds and they took him off. He was having a little trouble breathing but is doing well now.

I ended up not doing so well though. We were all shocked when the epidural dropped my BP too low. They also think I was starting to get an infection but I was on penicillin the whole time so it didn't get too bad. I was shaking uncontrollably and vomiting. It was horrible. To add to all of that I had a primary hemorrhage. It was all a little overwhelming!

We are home now and adjusting to our new life. Everything has been great until today when I woke up with my feet swollen worse than they ever got during the pregnancy. I also have a bad headache. It hurts to move my eyes. My vision is blurry off and on and I feel like crap! I plan on talking to my Dr. about it tomorrow. I really hope I am not getting sicker. My BP is not too bad though. 135/82

Anyway, we named our little guy Asher Thorburn Zachariah Muonio and he is the sweetest little guy ever! I am greatly enjoying having him home with me. Thanks so much for all the support you all have given me. It made a world of difference! HUGS!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”