It's preeclampsia again :(

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
patty

Re : It's preeclampsia again :(

Postby patty » Mon Oct 05, 2009 01:11 am

I am glad they got you admitted where they can monitor things closely. I know how much it stinks to be stuck in the hospital but hopefully it will buy you a little more time. Keep us updated as you can. I will be praying for you to get several more weeks.

amandaoasis

Postby amandaoasis » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:56 pm

I will be thinking of you every day! Hoping for more time for your precious little boy.

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:49 pm

Keeping you close in thoughts and prayers. XO

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:34 pm

Oh, I am so sorry. I hope that you have some good news coming your way soon!

Take care, I will be watching for updates (when you are able to give them to us).

saramomofmany

Postby saramomofmany » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:25 pm

HI there. We must have the same due date, as I'll also be 30 weeks on Wednesday. My heart went out to you when I read your posting. I am praying for you and your sweet little boy, and also your daughter, because I'm sure it's hard for all of you being seperated and such. Hope everything goes well for you. God Bless you all. Sara

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:20 pm

Thanks for the update. Gosh those BP's are high mama!! Glad you ar there to stay so they can keep a close eye on you.

Hoping you get to 30 weeks & even more. Hang in there. (((HUGS)))

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Sun Oct 04, 2009 09:53 pm

Oh my, hang in there and keep praying. We have seen many miracles here. I hope you get stabalized. Sending lots of P&PTs.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Sun Oct 04, 2009 09:50 pm

Suzanne, thanks for keeping us posted, and please holler with any concerns. I'm glad they're keeping such a close eye on you -- those are such high pressures.

I know it isn't ideal, but you've made it so much farther than last time. Every day is a success.

Hang in there, girl. :-)

julieb

Postby julieb » Sun Oct 04, 2009 09:08 pm

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this, but it does sound like you are getting great care and I am glad you are being watched closely. Mason was 28+6 and was in a level 2 NICU and never had to be transferred so hopefully your little one can stay in the level 2. I cannot imagine how hard it is to be away from Hannah right now. You are in my thoughts a prayers.

hannahsmom

It's preeclampsia again :(

Postby hannahsmom » Sun Oct 04, 2009 08:37 pm

I would like to thank all of my Preeclampsia Foundation friends for the well wishes. I am so sorry I made you worry. Thank you, Leslie, for giving the update. I am currently hospitalized at 29 weeks and 4 days. On Thursday, my bp's were out of control and the receptionist at the MFM refused to let me make an appointment since I had to have a referral from my regular OB, even though I already had a follow-up appointment for next week scheduled. My regular OB was in surgery in the morning but her nurse got a hold of her. She told me to go straight to labor and delivery. I was there for several hours and my bp reached 232/116. They gave me some emergency meds in an IV and it dropped. I was admitted to the hospital Thursday night and have been here ever since. I was diagnosed with mild preeclampsia following a 24 hour urine, but now urine is showing +3, so I am in the middle of another 24 hour urine. If it's severe PE again we will deliver soon, although I have to have at least 24 hours for the heparin to get out of my system. I had to have a picc line insterted today due to my bad veins, and I about passed out. I am trying to stay positive and I know that I will not get as bad as I did last time since I am being watched very carefully, but it's still always a worry. I wish the MFM was delivering me, but he has been working with the OB on my bp meds and he told her to keep me at this hospital. He does not have privileges here, but as long as he is involved with the process I guess I feel a bit more comfortable. The NICU here is only Level II, and Hannah was born at a Level III. We also have a level III about 45 minutes away, but I will have to deliver at the Level II. If anything is wrong that this one can't handle, then they will transport, but that is not what I wanted. Hopefully we can hang on until Wednesday, which will mark 30 weeks. It's hard being here with new moms and their babies being brought to their room, but I will be able to see my little one in the NICU. I am terrified that I will have to deliver while on blood thinners and will bleed out. The ob said I may need blood transfusions and a hysterectomy. She also said that I will be knocked out during the c-section and my husband won't be able to come in. It's just a really hard time right now. It's also awful being away from Hannah. She is taking it pretty hard, and so am I. I will keep you all posted if I am able to. Thank you again for your support.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”