My visit to triage

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
my3tatertots

Re : My visit to triage

Postby my3tatertots » Fri Sep 30, 638631 11:42 am

How far along are you? I was so done with being pregnant after 3 weeks of bedrest last time. It's no fun feeling like a ticking time bomb. Hoping everything goes well and baby arrives safely! Take care!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Re : My visit to triage

Postby sonja » Mon Sep 19, 638631 3:10 pm

It sounds like you were checked out really well, but what a pain!

I can totally understand the wanting your little one in for as long as possible, but also being done with the whole pregnancy/worrying thing.

Take care and rest up.

southerngirl108

My visit to triage

Postby southerngirl108 » Mon Sep 19, 638631 9:08 am

Today I had my weekly checkup and had an NST. Noah kept falling asleep so they had to use this little contraption that gave a vibration-like buzz to wake him up. After being on the machine for 50 minutes my doctor finally felt comfortable enough letting me off of it. Problem is even though I was laying down for all that time, my BP was 132/115 (taken twice by two different nurses in both arms) so he sent me to triage. Luckily I was only there for about an hour and a half because laying on my side my BP was 108/70 or lower! My BW and urine came back fine so my on-call doctor said she didn't have a good reason to keep me in the hospital, just ordered me on bedrest (which I've been on for 3 weeks now) but basically staying on my side (not so easy to do with an almost 2 year old!). I do have to another 24 hr urine (fun!) but she told me to wait and do it on Monday so I can bring it with me to my appt next Tuesday.

I was upset in the doctor's office because this is almost day for day in my last pregnancy when I ended up being admitted and delivering. I'm hoping to get Noah as much time as possible but I'm also ready to get him out! (Does that make sense?)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”