things getting a little scarey-UPDATE

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
amaara

Re : things getting a little scarey-UPDATE

Postby amaara » Fri Dec 30, 638631 2:00 pm

Rachel, I am not an expert at all, but I would raise bloody *. If I knew back in 2006 what I know now, perhaps my son would be alive. PE can go from mild to severe in a matter of hours. I went from +1 protein on a dip stick and a BP of around 140/90 to eclamptic seizures in less than 10 hours. My situation was complicated by PPCM, but it is not unique. I am not saying this to scare, you I promise. I just want you and your baby to be healthy and happy.

Is there a way you can ask for steriod shots just in case? Ask to be admitted to the hospital to be monitored?

Again, I am not trying to be alarmist, I promise. You are sooooo close!

Here's hoping for a healthy and happy resolution for you and your family.

~~Amaara

veronica44

Postby veronica44 » Tue Dec 20, 638631 12:13 pm

I'm not sure why they are waiting past 38... Your BP's before the meds were scary, well above severe PE range! They induced me at 38 for 160/100 pressures and 350 mgs protein - I really hope they listen to your concerns.

rachaelann

Postby rachaelann » Tue Dec 20, 638631 8:38 am

hey ladies, well monday night ended up getting that funny feeling again, bp was up to 165/102 with being on bp meds. layed on left side for awhile, went down to 150/100 so i called the doc. she told me to stay on my left side take another labetalol and drink some juice. she wanted me to get 6 GOOD movements in an hour. she said to call her back if the bp didnt go down or if i didnt get the good movements. an hour later bp was down to 140/98 and i got my movements. tuesday i went in for my appt. took juice again to get baby moving. i saw the nurse practitioner and just told her everything, how overwhelming this was, that i thought the doc wasnt taking me seriously, my 101 reasons why they should induce me at 38 weeks and not try to press it any further. she said she understood that she would talk to the doctor for me. they doubled my bp medicine. today my pressures have been 138/82 and 142/91. so they are still high for taking 200mg twice a day. my 24 hour came back at 500. so its still only creeping upward. they scheduled me for another nst on friday and an ultrasound to check growth. i somehow lost 2 pounds over the weekend and the nurse practioners measurements have me measuring about 3 weeks behind. uhhhhh....im 37 weeks today. i guess my biggest thing is if im almost to term, why keep comprimising my health past that? thats just a longer recovery with a toddler and a newborn. my hubby is coming with me to my appt on friday to help me talk to the doc. i always get nervous and shy when im there and never ask the right questions. the kick count thing... pretty much they told me at the docs i should get at least 10 good movements a day, but with everything else sometimes it will be like 3pm and im like oh man, how many times has the baby moved. so i will take any input on kick counting. so i guess we will just keep chugging along. my prayer is that somehow my body will just naturally go into labor. but with being on bedrest i dont exactly have gravity working on my side. thanks for all the advice everyone.

amaara

Postby amaara » Fri Dec 09, 638631 8:23 pm

Rachael, I cannot wait to hear your update! I hope all is well. :)

~~Amaara

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Thu Dec 08, 638631 6:25 am

I hope tomorrow's appointment goes well but please keep up with your kick counts until then. Do you know how to track them and the times and numbers that they should be? (I didn't - just wanted to check). If you need the information you can google kick counts and it gives the information OR you can review the link above. I hope that today is an easier day for you.

rachaelann

Postby rachaelann » Sun Nov 27, 638631 7:39 pm

hey everyone. thanks for the great advice and comments. im hanging in there. working on a 24hr as we speak. im REALLY emotional the past few days. i think its a combo of hormones and just being overwhelmed with everything going on. my bps are coming down a bit, aside from last night when it was 157/98 from walking up the stairs to go to bed. the baby hasnt been making as pronounced movements. you know those ones where you feel like their foot or hand is going to pop through your skin. im not sure if its because she is lacking room or something is going on. im going to mention it tomorrow at the appt. i like the idea of seeing a peri or mfm, just not sure if i would be able to get in to see one right now. plus that is another appt that i have to find a babysitter for. i will update tomorrow after my appt. thanks again everyone.

southerngirl108

Postby southerngirl108 » Sun Nov 27, 638631 7:50 am

I delivered my daughter on Thanksgiving Day 2007. They told me in the operating room she wasn't big enough to be considered a turkey baby, but just a turkey breast baby (she weighed 5 pounds). :)

Good luck!!

mom29

Postby mom29 » Sun Nov 27, 638631 5:42 am

I'd ask for a consult. with a MFM. I went for a month with bp ranging in 150-175/100+ and my reg. OB thought it was "just chronic hypertension." The dr. covering for him hospitalized me overnight. A few days later the peri. who did an ultrasound said I needed to be delivered that night. The house dr. sent me back home instead. I developed post-partum pre-e and it took months before I felt back to normal.

The MFM I saw concurrently during the next pregnancy would have never let me go so long with such high bp untreated or more careful monitoring. In fact, at the first sign of labile presures he told the reg. OB to induce labor now.

Your OB maybe trying to get you furher along if your local hospital doesn't allow for deliveries before 39 weeks except in immediate dire emergencies. At our local hospital, the dr. must have the approval of a peri. or mfm to deliver before 39 weeks.

amaara

Postby amaara » Fri Nov 25, 638631 5:45 pm

How are you doing, Rachael?

~~Amaara

jamilyn

Postby jamilyn » Sat Oct 22, 638631 11:01 pm

I have been told the racing pulse can be normal, I get that a lot, I'll just be sitting here and be talking and my pulse will rush and i'll get out of breath. My resting heart rate can go to about 120 or 130 and Ive been on bedrest for over 7 weeks.
Im so surprised you are this far along and they arent inducing you. I so wish I was even close to that far along right now so my OBs could do it.
Im with you on the bedrest, until I was put on bedrest here at the hospital I felt horrible well more now that I dont see my son at all while im here. But to be at home and unable to do all the things we did before Bedrest I felt like I wasnt being a Mom at all. Maybe you can ask if instead of people coming over to your house if they could take him to there place or to the park so that way you got rest and then your house wouldnt get distroyed as well. You could even let them know that your OB would prefer you not have very many visitors and they would like you to have quiet time so if they could take him somewhere for a playdate that would be very appreciated. You can still do a good amount of stuff with your little one even on bedrest. With my son we did a lot of pre-school stuff (practice writing and doing numbers, tracing) and read lots of books and also lots of games like board games and things like that. I also had him draw pictures of the "family" for once the baby was going to be here and of us while i'm pregnant. Even if they are 2 those pictures can always be lots of fun to see how they are going to do it.
Ive never been on the meds before so I'm not sure about them.
best of luck and I hope they deliver you soon.

Take care

Return to “Pregnant Again?”