Having a BABY tomorrow!!!!! UPDATED!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
brockner1

Re : Having a BABY tomorrow!!!!! UPDATED!

Postby brockner1 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 04:47 pm

I am so glad...I was so worried about you. I'll be looking forward to see baby pictures. I also hope that baby is bigger that your MFM thinks. Good Luck!

julieb

Postby julieb » Tue Nov 10, 2009 04:38 pm

I am so glad to hear that you have made it to 35 weeks!! Those steroid shots can do amazing things and I hope your little one has a very short NICU stay. Can't wait to hear your birth story and see pictures!!

babyemsmom

Postby babyemsmom » Tue Nov 10, 2009 04:31 pm

So glad to read an update from you! I too have been so nervous for you for the past several weeks. You have been so brave for the whole 35 weeks. I hope that everything goes smoothly and just think you will be seeing that precious baby boy in no time :)

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Tue Nov 10, 2009 04:26 pm

Thank goodness! I've been so worried about you since your first huge BP spike weeks ago! Good luck with the c-section and I hope little boy is bigger than expected and has minimal NICU time!!

hannahsmom

Having a BABY tomorrow!!!!! UPDATED!

Postby hannahsmom » Tue Nov 10, 2009 04:24 pm

So I've been in the hospital another week, and today I got good news! We are having a c-section tomorrow! I will be exactly 35 weeks. He did not pass the amnio yesterday for lung maturity, but I got the steroid shot last night and will have one again tonight. The MFM isn't comfortable waiting any longer, as we have been having major cord issues and I have to be on the monitor 24/7. He keeps having heart rate dips and the amniotic fluid is really low. My bp also started going up yesterday and today, and I have been having headaches the past couple of days, so it is time. He will be born on Veterans's Day and we couldn't be more proud. My husband and I both come from big military families. The baby will be pretty small for 35 weeks. His last weight check was 3 pounds, 13 ounces and the doc doesn't expect him to be much bigger now. He said my bp going from really high a few weeks ago to almost normal is causing issues, so I am so glad we're getting him out. I am terrified of the c-section, but I know everything will be fine. I will be free of Lovenox for 24 hours by the time we do the section, and both the MFM and anesthesia said that will be fine, so I have to put my faith in them. I will post an update when I can!

Baby Brandon James has arrived! He was born by c-section on Wednesday morning, November 12, at 8:40am. He weighed in at 4 pounds, 1 ounce and was 16 inches long. When I heard him cry, I burst into tears. It was the best feeling in the entire world. He came out breathing on his own. His only issues are jaundice and unstable blood sugar. Apparently the steroid shots I received did something to his sugar, but today he was weaned off the glucose completely, and so far, so good. He dropped a tiny bit of weight and is 3 pounds, 15 ounces, but he is basically on the "feed and grow" program. I get discharged tomorrow but he will have to stay to have his sugar monitored and to just get bigger. This was such a different experience than the last one! I was coherent for the delivery, no mag - just a spinal. My bp was really high, but it was dropped with the spinal block. No PE, no HELLP, just PIH. I can't believe it. I did get my tubes tied, which was painful since my the spinal block medication wore off too soon, but I am glad I had it done. I want to thank each and every one of you for helping me through this pregnancy. I would have never been able to do it without you. The Preeclampsia Foundation helped me realize that another baby was a possibility, despite the problems I had the first go-around, and my friends through the PF encouraged me through it all. Thank you!!!!!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”