PET 2nd time around, when did it show up?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
nov_mum

Re : PET 2nd time around, when did it show up?

Postby nov_mum » Wed Dec 21, 638631 2:07 am

Thank you all for your replies and for sharing your experiences. my3tatertots, I have read that having babies closer together reduces the risks of PE. We got pregnant 7mths after my first was born kind of hoping those stats would work for us. It sounds like they are working for you guys : )

Lililini, it looks like you were able to get further along in the pregnancy the second time around which is laso what we are crossing fingers for.

southerngirl108, I hope it stays at PIH for you guys.

The more I read about it the more I convince myself I will get it again. I guess if I plan for it and it doesn't happen then yippee! At least this time I won't feel so out of control about it all as I realise I have very little control and just need to go with the flow.

southerngirl108

Postby southerngirl108 » Tue Dec 20, 638631 3:48 am

With DD, I had some elevated BP at my 34 week check-up. I didn't think much of it but was told to come back 3 days later for a BP check. At this time my BP was still high, so I was sent to the triage unit at the hospital. After rotating between hospital bedrest and home bedrest, I was finally admitted at 35 weeks and officially diagnosed with PE and ended up delivering my DD at 35w6d.

With DS, I started noticing my BP getting high around 31 weeks. I'm currently 36w4d and have been on bedrest for a month now. So far it looks like this pregnancy is just PIH, not PE.

That being said, for all I know I did start experiencing high BP with DD earlier than 34 weeks, but since I had no reason to be checking my BP and since I felt fine, I really don't know. At my 30 week appt everything was good, so somewhere between that and my 34 week appt is when things started to happen.

my3tatertots

Postby my3tatertots » Mon Dec 19, 638631 10:50 pm

It has been really random for me. I'm on pregnancy #3. My first pregnancy I didn't start having symptoms until closer to my due date. I was finally dx'd at 40 weeks and induced then. My second pregnancy (5 years later), PE symptoms started showing up at 30 weeks, bedrest at 32 and delivered at 35. This pregnancy (just 9 months in between #2 and #3), I'm already 35 weeks and not a single symptom so far. I think this has been the best pregnancy yet. I don't even have alot of swelling in my ankles at the end of the day like before. My wedding ring still fits too. This pregnancy has been very different in that aspect. I hope that it means no PE this time.

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Mon Dec 19, 638631 10:29 pm

I don't know when PIH started with my first pregnancy, but I think it was around 28 weeks, then PE diagnosed at 32 (though it was probably closer to 31 when I became diagnostic), and delivered at 32w2d.

With #2, I was diagnostic at 29 weeks, spent the next 5 weeks in and out of the hospital, and delivered at 34w1d.

Welcome to the forums!

nov_mum

PET 2nd time around, when did it show up?

Postby nov_mum » Mon Dec 19, 638631 6:02 am

Hi ladies

I had PET last pregnancy and it showed up at 31 weeks. I was admitted at 34 weeks and induced at 35 weeks. I am pregnant again and am getting a little nervous that PET may show up again and was just wondering what others experiences are. Did it show up around the same time, earlier or later in subsequent pregnancies??

Return to “Pregnant Again?”