Question about labor pain

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
kbunsey

Re : Question about labor pain

Postby kbunsey » Tue Dec 20, 638631 6:35 am

I had different pains on different sides depending on where baby was sitting at the time. My entire right buttcheek and leg would be numb sometimes or I'd have shooting pains down my hip and leg and would have to stop in the middle of a store or parking lot and swivel my hips to move baby into a better position. I'd mention it to your doc regardless. No harm in that. I also had different pains when my Epidural was not optimally positioned. They adjusted it for me and the pain lessened, still though, baby favored one side and it definitely was felt more strongly on one side than the other. I held off on my Epi for quite a while, but Pitocin is REALLY INTENSE - as you know and there is nothing wrong with getting the Epi and if you're on Pit - don't even hesitate to get it! I went for a few hours w/ constant contractions and no break in between contractions on the Pit w/out the Epi. Had I not gotten the Epi (and the Pit turned off for a while) I'd have been too tired to push another 9 hours later when baby came.

Wishing you well in your final weeks of pregnancy and a beautiful, healthy delivery of your baby!

southerngirl108

Re : Question about labor pain

Postby southerngirl108 » Tue Dec 20, 638631 3:37 am

Sorry I can't help you. I was induced at 35 weeks but never progressed past 1cm. I never even experienced true labor pains or contractions, so I ended up with a c-section.

Hope you find out some answers that will help to relieve your pain!

my3tatertots

Question about labor pain

Postby my3tatertots » Tue Dec 20, 638631 12:48 am

During my last labor (induced at 35 weeks), I had unbearable pain on my lower left side (almost like it was in my hip) with each strong contraction towards the end. I have noticed this pain again from time to time (although not nearly as intense) when I've had stronger braxton hicks ctx at home recently. I was hoping that maybe the pain was just associated with how the baby was positioned last time but I'm starting to think its going to be that way again with this labor. Has anyone else experienced more pain on one side than the other during labor? I am seeing a chiropractor regularly this pregnancy so maybe that will help if its something to do with my hips/lower back and baby's position. I'm hoping to skip the epidural this last and final delivery but if I have the same pain again, I don't know if I can!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”