38 weeks today! Yeah!!! (no pre-e)

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
kbunsey

Re : 38 weeks today! Yeah!!! (no pre-e)

Postby kbunsey » Thu Dec 03, 2009 06:10 pm

Hooray for you!!!!! No Mag - ick. Mag is the worst! Wishing you a wonderful delivery. So exciting to meet your baby.

I was induced and I didn't have to lie down for the whole day. I was able to get up, use the labor ball, walk around, go potty, do hip circles, etc, etc. It was a pain in the booty since when you're induced you have to have the monitors on all the time and drag your IV around, but still, I did it! I held off on the Epi for quite a while, but once they gave me the Pitocin and the contractions were without breaks and were beyond STRONG I finally got the Epi. I labored on the Pit for a few hours. It was a loooong day for me (6:30am-2:33am by the time delivery came) And it was worth it getting the Epi! I would have been so tired had I not gotten it. I didn't use stirrups and was able to push at the end and I sure felt the pushing. I loved the pushing! My doula and husband held my legs up and I put my hands behind to help pull them up. I even pulled the baby out on the last push. I was terrified of the induction and wanted to go into labor on my own and was disappointed about not doing so, but in all - it was an awesome experience. My water even broke on its own at the hospital and I spent a lot of time progressing on my own off the Pit. And you know what - the Epi totally was worth is b/c I had a lot of tearing and so I only felt tugging during sew-me-back-up time which took quite a while.

You're going to have a great day!

joannek

Postby joannek » Thu Dec 03, 2009 03:17 pm

hooray! I am 38 weeks tomorrow and delivering then. Hope the next week is smooth sailing for ya!

my3tatertots

Postby my3tatertots » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:42 am

I understand your desire to avoid the mag and be on the safe side by inducing next week. I've never had mag but keep reading how awful it is. My last induction went really well and was an awesome experience despite the fact it wasn't natural and I got the epidural before it was over with. I'll probably lose some crunchy granola points for saying that but I seriously wouldn't mind repeating my last experience if I had to. :) I'm just still holding on to hope that I can avoid the pitocin this final time .... its hard though to know what would be the best course of action given my history. These final days before my due date are really wearing me down emotionally.

saramomofmany

Postby saramomofmany » Wed Dec 02, 2009 06:09 pm

my3tatertots, I'm normally a try to do everything natural person, but after dealing with pre-e and mag last time...ugh...I just want to avoid that. My midwife knows how much I want to avoid mag and do things naturally, so we're kind of in that do we do something or not kind of spot. If my blood pressure hadn't gone up a bit, I probably wouldn't have wanted to even consider the induction...but I don't want it to get to "that" point...I know what you mean about wishing you had a crystal ball...wouldn't that make things so much simpler to decide.

Congratulations to you too!! Yeah for our healthy pregnancies, and hopefully smooth, easy, pre-e free deliveries!!

Sara

my3tatertots

Postby my3tatertots » Wed Dec 02, 2009 05:38 pm

Congrats!!! I'm 38 weeks and 3 days and also have no pre-e so far this time after two pre-e pregnancies. It feels great and I so understand your excitement. :) My OB gave me the option to induce at 39 weeks as well but I'm holding out and hoping for a chance to labor and deliver naturally. Its our last baby and I would just like to experience going into labor on my own if possible since I have no idea what that's like thanks to pre-e. Who knows what will happen though! I might end up asking to be induced anyway so I can avoid having to lie down for the whole process due to high BP. Its a tough decision for me and I just wish I had a crystal ball. I can't wait to hear about your birth and the new baby!!! Woohoo for both of us making it this far!!! :)

jend01

Postby jend01 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 04:11 pm

WOOHOO, way to go!! I can't wait to hear about the new baby. :)

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Wed Dec 02, 2009 03:54 pm

Yay! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear that your newest little one has arrived!

saramomofmany

38 weeks today! Yeah!!! (no pre-e)

Postby saramomofmany » Wed Dec 02, 2009 03:32 pm

I'm 38 weeks today. I'm so excited. This is baby #6 for us. Baby #5 I was induced at 37 weeks + 1 day as I developed severe pre-e. So far this one is going good. My blood pressures have risen some(low 140's over low 90's max...mostly in the 130/80 range)...so we are carefully treading water here. No protein, and no other symptoms of pre-e, so I am excited. The plan is to induce at 39 weeks(next Wed) to be on the safe side. My midwife knows I really want to avoid mag if at all possible. I'm excited to meet this new baby, and excited that the pre-e has stayed away(so far at least).

I just wanted to share with you all...I knew you would understand the excitement of avoiding the beast!

Hugs, Sara

Return to “Pregnant Again?”