Poor blood flow to uterus

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
lheiss

Re : Poor blood flow to uterus

Postby lheiss » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:01 am

Thanks for the feedback, Amanda. From what I've read about this 33 weeks seems pretty good. I'd like to make it to 37w, but I'll be satisfied with 32w. I don't know how we'll manage the two kids if I go on bedrest. *sigh*

I do trust my MFM and I agree that if he is willing to wait 6 weeks to take another look that, for now, all is well. I appreciate the support. Thank you.

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Thu Dec 10, 2009 09:32 am

Hi -
I just wanted to let you know that I had a similar situation. I *somehow* made it to 33 weeks but honestly, I truly believe it was because of my doctor putting me on hospital bedrest and the serial NST/BPP's that they did. Everytime they did one they would carefully look at all the blood flow to the baby and, if it looked the same, they would let me stay pregnant one more day. I also had dopplers and monitoring 3 times a day - more if I wanted it.

I would say that if you trust your MFM (and it sounds like you totally do) that the fact that he wants to wait 6 weeks is a positive sign. That said, if it were me I would call the MFM and ask to speak with his/her nurse and get some additional information on what he told you. (e.g. Why would it might go away?)

I am on your side about knowledge being power. Once we get all the information at least we are informed even if we aren't happy.

lheiss

Postby lheiss » Wed Dec 09, 2009 09:27 pm

My MFM said he'd check it again in 6 weeks that it might go away. But it was his tone of voice that set me off. He rarely says scary things, unless pushed, but he gets very serious and terse when he's concerned. He's easy for me to read. He's concerned.

Hopefully, the baby aspirin I've been taking from the start will do the trick. I'll keep you all posted.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Wed Dec 09, 2009 09:03 pm

I am so sorry that this is happening. What did your OB have to say about it? Often times the info that we get on the internet is the scariest.

Hopefully someone will jump in here that has some experiences to share with you.

You are in my thoughts.

lheiss

Poor blood flow to uterus

Postby lheiss » Wed Dec 09, 2009 06:05 pm

I went to my NT scan this morning and discovered poor blood flow to the right side of my uterus. The doctor's first response to seeing that was "You've had preeclampsia before, haven't you?". Ugh. I came home and read up on uterine blood flow measurements on the doctor's website (fetal.com, it has some great information that is well explained) and it sounds like I might lose this baby -- or myself. I'm freaked.

My first pg ended at 27w5d due to PE and HELLP. Our son died of a heart defect 16 days later. I nearly died, too. I really don't want to find myself in that situation again. I have two fantastic, healthy children that I want to raise. I don't wan to risk my life trying to have another one.

I'd like to hear from those who have had good and bad outcomes. Knowledge is power and the unknown is scarier than the known.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”