Great cardiologist appt!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
hannahsmom

Re : Great cardiologist appt!

Postby hannahsmom » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:47 am

Great news! Glad you have a good cardiologist. Mine treated me like I had the plague because I was pregnant. He totally hated having me in his office, and I never went back! Congrats on a good appointment :)

beetkvass

Postby beetkvass » Fri Dec 11, 2009 09:18 am

Thank you, Iheiss, that is very encouraging to me! I have to admit I was so shocked my BP did that. I felt sooo much calmer than I ever had going to the cardiologist yesterday.

amaara

Postby amaara » Fri Dec 11, 2009 01:52 am

This is fantaastic news! Congrats!

~~Amaara

lheiss

Postby lheiss » Fri Dec 11, 2009 00:31 am

I used to have white coat syndrome. It took me four years to resolve. It can be done! :)

beetkvass

Great cardiologist appt!

Postby beetkvass » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:47 pm

I've got my BP cuff on Tuesday and have been taking it several times a day including before and after exercise etc. It's been a lot lower than at the Dr's office. My average diastolic has been around 84. First thing in the morning it's much lower like 71. I thought it seemed odd that my husband's BP actually seemed a little high. His had been around as high as mine or higher in the mornings.

So I went to see the cardiologist today. They took my BP first thing and it was about 140/90! I was so frustrated because it was lower at home and I figured this meant my BP cuff was screwing and inaccurate giving me lower BP numbers. I had nurse use my BP right after hers and it was 148/97! So my cuff actually was running higher than theirs?!?

So the Dr comes in about 15 min later. I really like him. He is so kind and patient with such a gentle demeanor. He takes my BP and gets 130/80! He says my BP problem is apparently him. LOL So it seems my BP cuff runs high. So my numbers are even better than I thought not worse. He told me my BP is fine and I don't need meds for it. If it goes up in pregnancy like last time then I'll take them. My OB's office always takes my BP first thing and doesn't check it again later in the visit. I guess I have white coat hypertension. Gee, what a surprise after all my fear issues over my BP.

This anxiety ridden hypochondriac feels SOO much better. My BP's had been really good at home. I know it had been higher months ago but I lost 27 lbs and have totally changed my diet, lowered my BG and exercised consistently and regularly. It looks like it's paid off. Thank God!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”