Trip to L&D :-(

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
onfaith

Re : Trip to L&D :-(

Postby onfaith » Sun Jan 31, 2010 02:35 pm

Glad you are well! Ditto on the avoiding certain phone calls, our bodies handle stress differently as it is now, no need for anyone to contribute!!

shellyf

Postby shellyf » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:24 am

Hi - I am glad things stablized for you and you got to go home quickly. I agree with the others - sometimes family members can be counter productive to our stress levels. I have had that experience myself at times. I personally feel like they should really be extra sensitive with you right now because you have enough to worry about. You need to get through this pregnancy with as little stress as possible! :)

rebecca2

Postby rebecca2 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 06:39 pm

Sounds like a scary evening, but I'm glad to hear your pressures are back down.

I agree with the others...it is time to avoid calls from the in-laws.

brockner1

Postby brockner1 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 06:35 pm

Thanks ladies! I definitely need to avoid such calls now...

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Sat Jan 30, 2010 04:39 pm

Sounds like screening your phone calls is in order! Many prayers. Relax and do those kick counts.

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Sat Jan 30, 2010 01:22 pm

Ugh , sorry to hear you had to worry. Nice that your BPs came down though. I second Sonja - time to block the in-laws!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:37 am

It sounds like you were checked out very carefully - which is great.

I would say no more phone calls from your in-laws is in order!

Take care.

brockner1

Trip to L&D :-(

Postby brockner1 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:54 am

Yesterday morning, i saw my primary physician and my BP was great 118/70 but then in afternoon my BP went up to 137/97 and then 10 minutes later 126/86. Anyways i layed down to relax and then 1 hr later, my BP was 132/92 along with a headache which had started in afternoon as well. So, I called my OB and was told to head to L&D immediately. After reaching there, they got my BP reading 139/105 so they had me leave urine sample and put me onto monitoring for NST. They even put IV and draw 5-6 tubes of blood and then gave me fluid through IV. They checked me for swelling and there was none. Meantime they did complete ultrasound for the baby as well. Thankfully baby passed the NST and looked fine on ultrasound. They had me stay in hospital for 3 hours and my BP started to stay stable. It went down to 139/99, 130/90, 128/88, 118/84, 113/84, 115/80, 111/79 in two hours so they discharged me and told me to relax at home. They did complete Pre-eclampsia testing and also want me to start 24 hour urine tomorrow morning and i will be seeing nurse at regular OB's office on Monday afternoon to turn in 24hr urine and for Blood Pressure check.

I slept good last night and woke up with no headache. This morning my BP was 115/84. But, trust me i was so scared and worried yesterday. I need your prayers....

PS: i think reason for my BP might be my in-laws...huh :-( because they called yesterday early afternoon and made couple of unreasonable demands which made me and my husband bit upset. The reason i am saying so is because my husband also didnt feel good after that and i checked his BP too and it was 152/101...but then by the time we came home from hospital, he also got better and then he went to work and this morning he looked happy and refreshed. Sometimes, people behave so odd that i want to run away with my husband to a place where such people can't reach us. Argggghhh...I am so mad...Oh no, i have to stop and relax...these people are not worth it...I have to take care of myself and baby. I am sorry for the rant but i needed to let it out....Thanks for reading this long post!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”