Question about contractions

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
brockner1

Re : Question about contractions

Postby brockner1 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 09:42 pm

I would say, give a call to your doctor right away.

brooklynsmom

Re : Question about contractions

Postby brooklynsmom » Mon Feb 01, 2010 09:29 pm

I was told that if I have more than 4 braxton hicks contractions in an hour it is too many and I should call...have you been drinking enough water? Good luck and keep us updated. I think I would go ahead and call!

onfaith

Question about contractions

Postby onfaith » Mon Feb 01, 2010 09:00 pm

Since 5:15 tonight, I've been having regular contractions. They come anywhere between 11 and 15 minutes and last about one minute each. They are not painful at all, just terribly "tight" - like a normal Braxton hicks. I do get up and move, but they don't subside. I've been a little nauseous over the past few days and felt earlier today like I was suffering from menstrual cramps....not to mention my BMs (TMI - I know) - were not "normal" today.

I've never encountered "normal" labor and contractions...my first was induced and that was 12 years ago (can't remember) and my second was an emergent cesarean. Any thoughts - I'm not thinking this is true labor, but don't want to over look it. Thoughts? I am only 33.5 weeks with PIH and am on Labetalol and Procardia.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”