Looking for new hobbies...Digital Scapbooking??

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
m

Re : Looking for new hobbies...Digital Scapbooking??

Postby m » Thu Feb 04, 2010 01:54 pm

I recommend knitting too. I learned it from a book and it was pretty easy to get the hang of. You can make all sorts of neat things for yourself or as gifts. I also got totally addicted to doing the daily crossword puzzle in our newspaper since I quit working. Digital Scrapbooking sounds like a fun idea, but I'm not familiar with much MAC software. Google has a free program called Picasa that works with MACs that you can use to organize and edit photos and create albums on the web.

rebecca2

Postby rebecca2 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 01:41 pm

Thanks Jennifer. I've often thought knitting would be cool, but I assumed it would be hard to learn. Maybe I'll look into it again. Did you have to take a class to learn it?

jennigator3

Postby jennigator3 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 01:11 pm

I don't know anything about digital scrapbooking, but I recently took up knitting and it's a great hobby. I am making my son a scarf and hat and I will make stuff for my new baby due in July. It's fun and not hard to learn, check it out if you think you'd like that.

rebecca2

Looking for new hobbies...Digital Scapbooking??

Postby rebecca2 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:00 am

I know this is somewhat off topic, but I quit my job around 10 weeks so I wouldn't have any external stress during this pregnancy. Well now that I've been off work for 2 months and it is has been GREAT! However, I'm also approaching both the gestational age when I started developing PE and my daughter's birth/Angel date, which is really adding to the anxiety of this pregnancy. So, I'm trying to find some fun hobbies to help occupy my time. I was thinking about digital scrap booking since we have so many digital photos to organize. Has anyone here tried it? If so, can you recommend a software package? I have an iMAC, so I imagine my options will be limited.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”