Due in January or February 2005?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
heatherbbb

Re : Due in January or February 2005?

Postby heatherbbb » Tue Dec 14, 2004 04:25 pm

Sarah - I am so glad things are going well. I feel a lot of what you describe too! It's amazing to see my stomach move as the baby pushes. I'm glad you are getting excited now. I think my husband is finally getting a little excited. He's been too scared to hope for good results.

Deborah - I really miss candy, and sugar-free candy is just no comfort. Also, people keep sending candy, fudge, cookies, and sweets to my work as Christmas presents so I just try to stay away from them.

Heather (32)
Mother of Seth Russell, delivered 26 weeks due to PE/HELLP 9/3/03-2/13/04
http://members.cox.net/heatherbbb/seth/seth.htm
Due with Joshua Allen -scheduled C-section for 1/18/05. Protein C deficiency & Lupus Anticoagulant (2 Heparin shots/day since 14 weeks) Gestational Diabetes

bethaniesmommy

Postby bethaniesmommy » Tue Dec 14, 2004 09:50 am

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good! That's good to hear. I haven't posted here for quite a while but I am 2 weeks farther along than I made it with Bethanie and feeling so many new things this time. I can feel the baby stretch (I feel her move on both sides of my stomach at the same time), the last 2 nights I think she has had the hickups, When she moves alot I can actually see my stomach move, and I am alot bigger than I was last time. All these new-to-me things actually have me really excited, for the first time this pregnancy I feel REALLY excited (although I still have that fear, I finally feel like I can breath a sigh of relief but not too big cause I know I still have a ways to go). My blood pressures are still good. My next doctor appointment is the 23rd and I'll be having an ultra sound to check babies size and all that. I am looking forward to it, I will be 31 weeks! I think another reason I have been more excited lately is because Bethanie has gotten ALOT more excited. My grandmother gave me money for the baby for Christmas and I let Bethanie help me pick out the bedding set for her crib. She can't wait to give her her present! It's so cute and she talks about her baby sister all the time now (a huge change for her because for a while she didn't want to talk about babies AT ALL) So that has really helped.

Well hope and pray everyone has a great holiday and still healthy and pregnant for the new year!

Sarah

Mom to Bethanie Ann born 9/3/00 at 27 weeks due to PE and HELLP syndrome.
Expecting #2 due Feb 25, 2005. Praying really hard for a healthy, long pregnancy!

natan

Postby natan » Mon Dec 13, 2004 09:56 pm

Latest,***Well are things are getting better. Blood Pressure seems to be under control again, blood sugar is getting harder because pregnancy is advancing. Urine came back normal. He said there was a small trace of protein but does not seem concerned about the amount.*** Doctor says she is probably about 4-4 1/2 lbs.

Tamara- you are so lucky to have the extra support. No, I don't have anyone that could help take over with my 3.5 year old. We are looking into having him stay longer at his preschool though after baby is born. I usually take naps when he does. But that has been an issue lately. Not having a nap. With all my doctor appts it's hard for me to put him down. Either, I wake him up or he does not get a nap. If I can afford a baby sitter I sometimes call somebody. I stopped working 2yrs ago. Full time mom with about 3-4 1/2 hr break with his preschool. Thank G-d! Glad you are getting your rest.

Heather-What's the hardest type of food you have trouble staying away from this holiday season? Mine is egg nog, I love egg nog but I know it is loaded with sugar. Also, chocolate! ERRRR[:(]. I know 5 1/2 more weeks to go.

Sally- I like your nick name for your current pregnancy "Belly-Bean". That's clever!

I hope everybody elses holiday goes by smoothly w/o complications that would spoil your plans.

Is anybody planning to travel at this point. I'm not. I am staying put.

Deborah 36
DH 35
Natan 7/24/01
#2 EDD 1/17/05

heatherbbb

Postby heatherbbb » Sun Dec 12, 2004 06:41 pm

Hi girls! We are making it! So, so close.

Tamara - My last post was suposed to be responding to you, not Deborah. How did your 3 hour test go?

Deborah - Yeah 34 weeks! I'll be there on Thursday. I know what you mean about trying to be good with Diabetes this time of year. I hope your 24 hour test comes back with good results. I'm sorry your bp is creeping up and you are having swelling. I'm glad your OB sounds on top of it. Let us know how you do.

Sally - I hope the baby turns for you. He or she still has some time. Mine is breech too, but I'm planning a c-section regardless so it really doesn't matter for me. Since I've had a previous c-section, the thought of "natural birth" is scarier to me. Like you said, "So close, yet not quite close enough". I've got 5 weeks to go and it seems to be taking forever. I hope your bp behaves and you continue with no protein spilling.

Good luck to all of you! We have all come so far, maybe farther than most of us thought (definitely farther than I thought). I hope you all make it to the end healthy and PE free!

Heather (32)
Due with Joshua Allen -scheduled C-section for 1/18/05. Protein C deficiency & Lupus Anticoagulant (2 Heparin shots/day since 14 weeks) Gestational Diabetes

aussie sally

Postby aussie sally » Sun Dec 12, 2004 06:18 pm

Forgot to add - having weekly blood tests for things like liver function, protein / creatanine ratio etc., and giong for biophysical profile on Friday. If there are ever any problems, then bubs will be delivered immediately.

Cheers,
Sally :)
Aussie SAHM to Stephanie (July 18, '97)
Christopher (Dec. 28, '00)
Charlotte (August 1, '02)
Belly bean (due Jan. '05)
HTN diagnosed at 12 weeks this pg.
Currently on 2 x 250mg Aldomet and 3 x 80mg Oxprenolol / day
REVISED - now at 26 weeks, - med free, and BP stable at 120/75 - YAY ! :) :) :) Further update - Passed GTT *just* by the hair on my chinny chin chin ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/ ... h/2004.jpg

aussie sally

Postby aussie sally » Sun Dec 12, 2004 06:16 pm

Wow, all so close now ! (yet not quite close enough....)

I had a repeat GTT two weeks ago too, due to a hyperglycaemic attack, but actually got a lower result than the test at 26 weeks, so happy about that !

My Bp is still all over the place, but mostly on the high side - diastolics around 90. No protein spills, but plenty of swelling, and just this weekend started getting some doozy ice pick headaches (waiting for ob. to call back to advise about them).

Back on both the Aldomet and Oxprenolol, and delivery most likely between 37 and 38 weeks. Only problem is that bubs is still breech at 35 weeks. I'm scared witless about the thought of a c-section...

Hope all is staying Ok with everyone else !

Cheers,
Sally :)
Aussie SAHM to Stephanie (July 18, '97)
Christopher (Dec. 28, '00)
Charlotte (August 1, '02)
Belly bean (due Jan. '05)
HTN diagnosed at 12 weeks this pg.
Currently on 2 x 250mg Aldomet and 3 x 80mg Oxprenolol / day
REVISED - now at 26 weeks, - med free, and BP stable at 120/75 - YAY ! :) :) :) Further update - Passed GTT *just* by the hair on my chinny chin chin ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/ ... h/2004.jpg

specmom

Postby specmom » Fri Dec 10, 2004 08:31 pm

Deborah,
It's so wonderful that you are hitting the 34 week mark! Congrats!! Sorry things have been changing and you are worried. When are you seeing your doctor next? I'm glad they are doing another 24 hour urine test. I know those tests are hard. I feel chained to the bathroom those days, and it's always fun to explain what's in the jug to my toddler as I walk it over to the fridge.[:)] Does your doctor think staying off your feet/bedrest might help?
Are you still working? If so, is there any way you could cut back or stop now? Also, is there anyone who may be able to help you watch your preschooler? (Btw, how is your family?) My mother started staying with us when my bp's started creeping up, allowing me to rest more. I try to stay in bed at least 4 hours during the day and it has really helped to lower my bps and edema. (These days I end up napping during the day up to 6 hours!) I hope things start looking up for you. You are so close! Are you scheduling a delivery? Please let us know how you are doing. LOL

Tamara
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
Florida Co-Coordinator
*Cole(2/15/03)-Gest.Diab?/PUPPP/HELLP/severe atypical PE/Emerg.C-Sect
*Joshua (sch. c/s @ 1/12/05)

natan

Postby natan » Fri Dec 10, 2004 05:06 pm

Just an update. I think I am heading for more complications.

My bloodpressure has been creaping up. 140/96

My legs are swelling

Diabetes are ok, could be better but hard to be good around holiday.

Dr. moved my due date to 1/17.

The was +1 level protein in urine yesterday so, we are doing another 24 urine test[xx(]. This is hard while having preschooler to entertain. I pee like every 30 min. so need to stay close to home.

Getting worried things are getting out of hand. Monday I will be at 34 weeks so I guess I am pass the critical point.

Suggestions?
Deborah

heatherbbb

Postby heatherbbb » Fri Dec 10, 2004 02:43 am

Tamara,
It's great to hear you are doing okay. Okay, "okay" is a relative word, but your condition sounds encouraging despite the bumps in the road. I hope you pass the 3 hour glucose test. I failed, but the Diebetic Diet is keeping me from gaining lot's of weight. I will tell you, I will never follow this type of diet again unless I absolutely have to (like I become diebetic). It sounds like our little Joshua's may be born very close together. I hate to say that I wouldn't mind missing Christmas and New Years if I could hit a fast-forward button to mid-January. I know it is so close, yet it seems far away. I just saw the Ear-Nose-Throat doctor yesterday and he says that my sinuses are still infected and he upped my doseage of antibiotics. I hope that works because I've been sick since Saturday and am just having to work sick. I'm sorry you've had to deal with sinus infections too. They are miserable. I hope you have a great Christmas and New Year and that all goes smoothly for you.

Heather (32)

specmom

Postby specmom » Thu Dec 09, 2004 08:54 pm

Thanks for thinking of me, Heather! I am still on houserest, and I *try* to be good about bedrest most of the time. My mom has been staying with us to help watch my toddler, and it has been a lifesaver. The rest has helped my BPs go down. I failed my 3rd trimester 1 hour glucose, and I am waiting for the 3 hour results (I did this all in the second trimester too and passed the 3 hour). I am so happy to hear you have no signs of PE! I hope and pray you are totally PE free this time around. I also have had a bad sinus infection for the past week or so. I got a prescription for antibiotics, coughing, and the accompanying headaches, and it has really helped. I hope you feel better soon. If I pass the 3 hr GTT, they will do an amnio on Jan. 10th and will deliver Jan. 12th if Joshua's lungs are mature (at 36.5 weeks). If I fail the test, the lungs are less likely to be mature and they will probably wait until 38 weeks. Please keep me posted on your pregnancy. Sending warm thoughts for your Joshua.

Tamara
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
Florida Co-Coordinator
*Cole(2/15/03)-Gest.Diab?/PUPPP/HELLP/severe atypical PE/Emerg.C-Sect
*Joshua (sch. c/s @ 1/12/05)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”