Due in January or February 2005?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
natan

Re : Due in January or February 2005?

Postby natan » Sun Oct 03, 2004 02:04 pm

Hi Girls

Summer just flew by us here in our family. Baby is doing great. My lower back just above my fanny hurts like crazy? Do any of you have this pain? It's like a tight muscle that is in knots. Been going to PT for it, helps a little. Wondered if any of you have this pain?

Other then that, baby is moving like crazy. Just like to comic strip everytime I sit down or relax baby gets rolling and moving.

Won't actually see the baby again until couple of weeks before due date. Now we just get to listen to the hart. Sounds strong and healthy [:D].

Has anybody thought about getting flu shots? Is it a good idea for us?

Have a good week,[:)][:)][:)][;)][;)][;)]
Deborah

tanya

Postby tanya » Thu Sep 30, 2004 05:59 pm

Kim,

Sound like everything is going great for you. I couldn't possibly think of a greater Christmas present than a beautiful healthy baby girl!![;)] Keep up the great work!!!

Take Care,
Tanya
Jason(DH)
Leah born 2/4/99 at 34 weeks ...PIH
Miscarriage 10 weeks
Grant born 3/29/01 at 31 weeks... Severe PE
Miracle #3 EDD 01/27/05

heatherbbb

Postby heatherbbb » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:17 am

Kim,
What wonderful news. That would be a great Christmas present to take home your beautiful little girl in time for Christmas. I hope everything comes out great with the blood tests. I'm getting the same tests every month because I'm on Heparin. Take care.

Heather

Mother of Seth Russell, delivered 26 weeks due to PE/HELLP 9/3/03-2/13/04
http://members.cox.net/heatherbbb/seth/seth.htm
Due with Joshua Allen -scheduled C-section @ 39 weeks (about Jan 20, 2005)

kimpaulus00

Postby kimpaulus00 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 08:49 am

Hi Everyone!

Just thought that I would give y'all a quick update on today's appointment. BP was great as was urine and growth is right on track -- I am 26 weeks and 3/4 days and Alexandra was at the same. The weight estimate is 2 pounds, 2 ounces right now and there was plenty of fluid. The u/s tech even said that Alexandra was showing a full bladder -- I guess like mother, like daughter. [:)] So, it was a very good appointment.
There was blood drawn for the glucola test, another CBC with platelets (from the sounds of it to double check the Lovenox), and a VRAL (not sure was that is), so I will need to see if any of those results come back poorly.
Right now, I am very happy. My peri even scheduled the c-section, so I am taking that as a good sign as well. It looks like Alexandra will be making her appearance on December 17th, provided all keeps going well. So if all goes well, I think we will have a wonderful early Christmas present!
Well, take care and I hope that all goes well for you.

Kim
Mother to
Allison Jean (born 5/23/2003), our beautiful angel who showed a spirit and strength that belied her small size and short time on earth
New Little One -- due January 3, 2005 but will be here in 2004 -- keep thinking of us

heatherbbb

Postby heatherbbb » Sun Sep 19, 2004 05:48 pm

Hi everyone. I come check up on you guys once in while, but ussually I'm in hurry and do not add anything. I just had an ultrasound on Friday and now know I'm having a boy, which we are thinking of naming Joshua. Everything looks great and Joshua is actually a little bigger than average for 21 weeks (15 oz.). My blood pressure is great and I haven't had any PE symptoms. This time in my last pregnancy I started getting excruciating migraines and my blood pressure started to rise. I'm getting real anxious now. I know that this is the time that things can start to go wrong. I just can't bear the thought of losing another baby. I manage to stay positive and try to believe with all my heart that this will work out just fine, but that twinge of doubt is always lurking in the background. On a positive note, I felt the baby kick for the first time yesterday. I got really excited. I never felt my first one kick and he wasn't delivered until a day shy of 27 weeks. I hope the very best for all of you!

Heather

Mother of Seth Russell, delivered 26 weeks due to PE/HELLP 9/3/03-2/13/04
http://members.cox.net/heatherbbb/seth/seth.htm
Due with baby # 2 Feb 1, 2005

tanya

Postby tanya » Thu Sep 09, 2004 04:02 pm

Hello ladies!!

Kim- Congrats on a great appointment!! If I remember correctly usually the GTT test is done around the 25 to 28 week mark so by the end of the month you should be right in the ball park. Keep up the great work!!
Sally- Hello and welcome to our thread. Hope all is going well for you so far!![:)]
Tamara- I hope you guys are safe and sound where you are. I am so sure it is very difficult to not be stressing out but try to hang in there.
As for my appointment, all went really well. My bp was 110/68 which actually has been better lately than if I am not preggers. I haven't left any traces of protein yet which is a little unusual for me. I am not complaining though. I love boring appointments!! I will have another office visit in 3 weeks and hope to report the same next time.
Hope you are all doing well!![;)]

Take Care,
Tanya
Jason(DH)
Leah born 2/4/99 at 34 weeks ...PIH
Miscarriage 10 weeks
Grant born 3/29/01 at 31 weeks... Severe PE
Miracle #3 EDD 01/27/05

kimpaulus00

Postby kimpaulus00 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 01:39 pm

Well, so far so good. My BP was up a bit at the doctor's this morning -- my theory is that the stupid traffic raised it some (I was getting a bit nervous that I would not make it in time), but my readings at home have been great! My peri was quite pleased with that. Another u/s was done this morning and Alexandra was shown to be on target for growth, which I will gladly take. [:)] My mom came with us to the appointment and the u/s tech pointed out the "little girl" parts so Mom is more convinced that I am carrying a girl, but she will not completely believe it until Alexandra is born. Overall, my appointment went great.

My next appointment is scheduled for 9/30 when I will be 26 weeks, 3/4 days (the due date has been adjusted to 1/2/05). I was told that at the time I will do the glucola (sp?) test, which I understand is the 1 hour GTT. Does anyone know if that is correct? At that time I guess that we will start scheduling the NST's as well.

Hope that everyone else is doing well!

Kim
Mother to
Allison Jean (born 5/23/2003), our beautiful angel who showed a spirit and strength that belied her small size and short time on earth
New Little One -- due January 3, 2005 but will be here in 2004 -- keep thinking of us

wyntyrose

Postby wyntyrose » Thu Sep 09, 2004 07:56 am

Hello everyone. I am 15 weeks today, only 25 more to go. I spent last friday in the er with a weird pain in my right side, still have it and the doc's have no idea what it is. My ob said that if it gets worse they will do another 24 hour urine and some other tests. On a good note little squiggles looks great, hb 160 and VERY active on the u/s. Fingers are so crossed for a girl. My next regular apt isn't until Oct 1, I will be 18 weeks then and will begin seeing my peri at 20 weeks. Hope everyone's pregnancy are continuing well.

Martha mommy to
Daniel 6/17/1999 3 weeks early Pre E
Kenneth 11/21/03 5 weeks early Pre E
Suprise Squiggles
March 2, 2004

specmom

Postby specmom » Thu Sep 09, 2004 07:14 am

Hi Sally! Welcome! I peeked at your post on the other thread. Very pretty girl names. It sounds like the HTN is under control with the meds? Please keep us posted!

Tanya--How did your appointment go yesterday?

Deborah--Congratulations on your girl and good amnio results!

How is everyone else doing??? Heather, Kim, Julie? Joshua is kicking up a storm. Speaking of storms, I may lose electric power and Internet access again for a few days (like I did last week) because it looks like another hurricane may visit Florida. So if I seem MIA for a little while, it's not because I don't love you all. Take care.

Tamara
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
*Cole(2/15/03)-Gest.Diab/PUPPP/HELLP/severe atypical PE/Emerg.C-Sect
*Joshua (sch. c/s @ 1/24/05)-Protein S/Gest.Diab.

aussie sally

Postby aussie sally » Mon Sep 06, 2004 08:17 pm

Hi Ladies :)

Would it be OK if I joined you here ?

I just did a quick intor on another thread "how's it all going" I think it was (poor pg brain LOL).

I'm 21 weeks pg with our 4th. No BP issues ever, but found out 3 weeks ago my mother had pre-e with my brother (first born). We was born a month early weighing 5 lbs.

My first three were all monster-sized babies. I had GD with my son, but not the girls. Hoping to avoid it again this time. Oh, and we're expecting a girl. She (all going well) will most likely be here first week January (around 38 weeks). I'm just hoping we manage to avoid Christmas Day and DS's birthday :)

Hope to enjoy ?!?! the rest of my pgcy with you all [8)]

Cheers,
Sally :)
Aussie SAHM to Stephanie (July 18, '97)
Christopher (Dec. 28, '00)
Charlotte (August 1, '02)
Belly bean (due Jan. '05)
HTN diagnosed at 12 weeks this pg.
Currently on 2 x 250mg Aldomet and 3 x 80mg Oxprenolol / day

Return to “Pregnant Again?”