Due in January or February 2005?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
tanya

Re : Due in January or February 2005?

Postby tanya » Mon Sep 06, 2004 07:46 pm

Hello Ladies!!
I just wanted to see how you all are doing. I have been out of the loop for the last week and a half or so and need to catch up!! Sooo, are those little munchkins squirming around in there? How are you guys feeling? How are your appointments going? What kinds of crazy cravings are you having?[:p]
Everything here is going great!!! I am currently 19 1/2 weeks and have my next appointment on September 8th. My bp's have been steady at 120/70 and my little peanut is moving around like crazy, especially in the middle of the night when he/she can have all of my attention! Hope this message finds all of you well.[;)]

Take Care,
Tanya
Jason(DH)
Leah born 2/4/99 at 34 weeks ...PIH
Miscarriage 10 weeks
Grant born 3/29/01 at 31 weeks... Severe PE
Miracle #3 EDD 01/27/05

mintmommy

Postby mintmommy » Mon Aug 23, 2004 05:02 pm

I will be praying so that you may all have your babies until 2005 an not sooner!!

XOXO

Keeping you all in my prayers every night.

Arminda (27 yrs. old)
DH - Alfredo III (31 yrs. old)
Babies:
Fredo born 10/25/03 at 35 1/2 weeks - PE 4 lbs. 1 ounce his weight now (as of 8/3/04 is exactly 20 lbs. and measures 29 inches long)
Pregnant again EDD - 9/19/04 ITS A(nother) BOY!!
PICTURES: http://photos.yahoo.com/freditos4

raindrop

Postby raindrop » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:12 am

Tamara, Believe me, I get very exhausted now. Thank goodness Whitney is now in school full days 4 days a week, 1/2 day on fri though. But there are also 4 yrs between Whitney and Wyatt, this one is going to be more of a challenge for me as there will only be about 18mo or less between them. Plus we are getting ready to move, good that is is well before bedrest may set in...

Right now I am at 12wks 4 days, if feels as if it is taking forever this preg... It shouldnt be long till I start to feel this one moving, I could feel Whitney and Wyatt at around 15-16wks.

BTW.. your c/s is scheduled for my oldest step DD birthday (she will be 11 then) there is also another step DD that is 9 right now. I feel sorry for the girls when Wyatt gets bigger, he is going to have them all running. He already has all 3 wrapped around his little finger. ;o)

Donna - 32
Richard - 33
Whitney Lynn Rochelle- 6-27-99 - (36 wks due to severe PE) 5lbs 2oz 18in long
Wyatt Elijah Lawrence- 7-3-03 (34wks 6days due to severe PIH/PE) 4lbs 6.8oz 17in long
Expecting #3 EDD March 3, 2005 - gallstones

http://www.geocities.com/raindropzplace ... 7812569412

http://www.imagestation.com/member/?name=raindrop1971

kimpaulus00

Postby kimpaulus00 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 07:12 am

Tamara -- Great minds must think alike! If our little one was a boy we were thinking about the name Aaron JOSHUA.

Heather -- I am sure you'll be feeling your little one moving around more than ever before long. One other woman that I know, who is currently pregnant with her second after losing her daughter to PE, said that her little guy is extremely active. She said the funniest feeling is trying to eat when he decides to kick around. :-)

Well, it sounds like we are all doing well -- let's hope that trend continues! Take care everyone!

Kim
Mother to
Allison Jean (born 5/23/2003), our beautiful angel who showed a spirit and strength that belied her small size and short time on earth
New Little One -- due January 3, 2005 but will be here in 2004 -- keep thinking of us

specmom

Postby specmom » Sat Aug 21, 2004 06:23 pm

It's so good to hear that everyone is doing well!!

Everything looked good so far on the level II u/s, and we found out the gender! It wasn't Alexandra; it was Joshua!! [:D][:D][:D] We are very excited that Cole will have a brother. I was thinking of having a tubal after this baby, but we may hold out and talk about trying for a girl. One baby at a time, though! (Donna, you are amazing! I'm exhausted just chasing around one!)

Tamara
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
*Cole(2/15/03)-Gest.Diab/PUPPP/HELLP/severe atypical PE/Emerg.C-Sect
*Joshua (sch. c/s @ 1/24/05)-Protein S/Gest.Diab.

heatherbbb

Postby heatherbbb » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:11 am

Just an update. I'm 17 weeks and just had an OB appointment. Everything looks fine. We're going to do an ultrasound in the next visit and hopefully determine the sex of the baby. I'm hoping for a girl, but I'd be happy with a boy too.

Tanya - I am on heparin now. It's not fun giving myself shots twice a day but I don't see there's any choice if it can help my health and possibly the pregnancy. My OB seems to think their is new research that the heparin my have some other qualities other that thinning the blood that could help during pregnancy. I think it's just in the research phase now. Also, heparin has been used in pregnancies for much longer that Lovanox. Those might be some things to discuss with your doctor. I'm glad you have an OB that's on top of things!

Kim - I just had the same blood screen. I'm jealous you can feel the baby moving. I never felt my first move and have yet to feel anything this pregnancy. Maybe I wouldn't be jealous if the baby's movement was keeping me up at night. Hope all continues to go well for you.

Thank you all for your warm welcome!

Mother of Seth Russell, delivered 26 weeks due to PE/HELLP 9/3/03-2/13/04
http://members.cox.net/heatherbbb/seth/seth.htm
Due with baby # 2 Feb 1, 2005

tanya

Postby tanya » Tue Aug 17, 2004 03:05 pm

Hello Ladies,

Kim--How exciting!! Another little girl. Congratulations!!When people ask me if I would rather have a boy or girl I always say "either one as long as it is happy and healthy" which is very true but in the back of my mind I think I would like to have another little girl. My DD has grown up so fast!!She will be starting kindergarten in 1 week and somehow if this little one is a girl I could almost relive some of the most precious times experienced with Leah. Do you know what I mean? Maybe I am just being silly. If that is my reasoning, I am going to be popping out babies until I hit menopause!!LOL

Deborah-- Hang in there dolly!! Hopefully the next 3 weeks will fly by for you.

Donna-- Hope you get over the sleepyness soon. Look at it this way, it's a great excuse to squeeze in a nap once and a while.

Tamara-- Hope all goes well with your ultrasound. Let us know what the results were.

Sounds like everyone is doing great. Keep up the good work ladies!!!

Take Care,
Tanya
Jason(DH)
Leah born 2/4/99 at 34 weeks ...PIH
Miscarriage 10 weeks
Grant born 3/29/01 at 31 weeks... Severe PE
Miracle #3 EDD 01/27/05

raindrop

Postby raindrop » Mon Aug 16, 2004 06:38 pm

I've been feeling pretty good. Still having a rough time of getting up through the night with Wyatt and having to get Whitney up and ready for school and being so tired... I think as of right now, my worst problem is being SOO tired..

Donna - 32
Richard - 33
Whitney Lynn Rochelle- 6-27-99 - (36 wks due to severe PE) 5lbs 2oz 18in long
Wyatt Elijah Lawrence- 7-3-03 (34wks 6days due to severe PIH/PE) 4lbs 6.8oz 17in long
Expecting #3 EDD March 3, 2005 - gallstones

http://www.geocities.com/raindropzplace ... 7812569412

http://www.imagestation.com/member/?name=raindrop1971

specmom

Postby specmom » Mon Aug 16, 2004 04:23 pm

Hi Ladies! I hope you are all doing well. Sorry I've been MIA for a few days, we had to travel a bit to avoid Hurricane Charley here in Florida.

Donna--How are you feeling?

Tanya--Congrats on a boring appointment! Please let us know if you decide to go on the Lovenox/heparin. If you feel like sharing, what results made your OB consider this treatment? I'm curious because I was advised to go on it too.

Bethaniesmommy--Hope you are doing well. As far as the lunch meat and soft cheeses, the concern is a bacteria called listeria, which can cause listeriosis. This type of infection (not extremely common) may cause fetal demise in some cases. Unpasteurized milk and milk products, soft cheeses (including, but not limited to brie, feta and camembert), hot dogs, and some cold cuts all have the possibility of listeria. You can ask your doctor for his/her opinion. The milk issue is fairly easy to check. With cold cuts, ask your doctor for suggestions, which may range from eating freely to avoidance to extra cooking or microwaving. It really depends on your doctor's philosophy and your own comfort level. I know several women who don't think twice about eating cold cuts. If you are really stressed about what you have already consumed, your doctor can check for the bacteria. [Personally, I had a friend of a friend who developed this with bad results, so I generally avoid these things or microwave cold cuts if I'm really tempted, but that's just my thing.]

Kim--Baby Girl Alexandra!!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy to hear that everything is going well. I will find out Wednesday if I am having an Alex (Alexandra) too! [:D][:D]

Deborah--I'm glad the amnio wasn't too terrible. It is frustrating that the results take so long, but it takes a while to carefully process and examine everything. I hope your dad is well. Please let us know how everything goes.

Mada---Keep us posted on those baby cravings! [:)]

I'll post an update Wednesday afternoon if everything goes well. I'm nursing a sore abdomen today. My toddler kicked me right where the baby was and the baby was NOT happy.

Tamara
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
*Cole(2/15/03)-Gest.Diab/PUPPP/HELLP/severe atypical PE/Emerg.C-Sect
*#2 (due 2/3/05, schedule c/s @ 1/24/05)-Protein S/Gest.Diab.

mada

Postby mada » Mon Aug 16, 2004 02:37 pm

Hey ladies....I am jumping in to say I am glad everyone is well. This is an exciting time...Ya'll are making me have baby cravings!!!

Mada Harpster-moderator for pregnant again

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”