Due in January or February 2005?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
natan

Re : Due in January or February 2005?

Postby natan » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:44 am

Just to update you on our progress. I had my Amnio and AFP test done today. About 3 weeks until I get results. Why does it take so long? There is 70% chance of having a girl, picture was still to fuzzy to know for sure. I am now 17weeks today and feel fine. I am a little sore around the belly area but not bad.

Sounds like everybody is doing well. This is great vibes for all of us.
I am going to lie down now and be good.

Deborah

kimpaulus00

Postby kimpaulus00 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 09:17 am

Hi Everyone!
Last Thursday, we went in for the “extensive” ultrasound and found out that “Munchkin” is looking good. (Yes we did find out the sex, but you will need to wait till the end of the message to find out :-) ). As of the ultrasound, “Munchkin” was measuring at 20 weeks even though we were actually at 19.5 weeks, so the doctor was very happy with the growth. We were also given an approximate weight of 12 ounces, plus/minus 2 ounces; the approximate weight is also another sign that as of the ultrasound, the growth is ahead of schedule. I did ask if being ahead on growth would move the due date forward (and thus any scheduled c-section), but was told that everything is based upon the original due date. So, if all goes OK, we are still looking at a c-section sometime between about 12/13 and 12/20 – an early Christmas present!
Well, since I promised that you would find out the sex, I guess you could say that we have an Alex – not Alexander, but Alexandra Joy! Yes, we were told that we are expecting another little girl. My mom and Grandma are happy about a little girl, but neither believes the ultrasound since both say that, according to the old wives’ tale, I look like I am pregnant with a boy. So, we will see, but as far as we know, “Munchkin” is a she.
That’s all for now. I hope that all of you are doing well. Take care!

Kim
Mother to
Allison Jean (born 5/23/2003), our beautiful angel who showed a spirit and strength that belied her small size and short time on earth
New Little One -- due January 3, 2005 but will be here in 2004 -- keep thinking of us

bethaniesmommy

Postby bethaniesmommy » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:31 pm

Hi Ladies,
I had my second OB appointment on August 5 (was on vacation this past week hence the reason for the delay in updating) everything is going so smoothly so far. I had another ultrasound because at my first visit he noticed a cyst on my other ovary. He said it was really common when women get pregnant and usually goes away at around 12 weeks but he wanted to check it again to make sure it's not growing and it wasn't. I had a full bladder by time the ultrasound was done, he couldn't see anything with the the vaginal type and the belly type was a killer because of him pushing on my lower stomach with a full bladder. I couldn't see it very clearly but the baby has already changed so much he/she now has arms and legs and actually looks like a baby!

This pregnancy is so much different than with my daughter. With her at this point I had already been to the doctor 3 or 4 times and had that same number of ultrasounds (I had spotting early on with her and also had a short cervix, it was a hard pregnancy from the very beginning). This time has been so easy, In fact I have to constantly remind myself that I am pregnant. And I also worry all the time that maybe I'm not really pregnant or at least not pregnant any more. I've not had any morning sickness, I did have some nausea when I would get hungry but seems to have past already. As of yesterday I am 12 weeks, it doesn't seem possible to be that far along already but I am SOOOOO excited and still praying hard for a long, full term pregnancy! I'm also really hoping the rest of the pregnancy is as easy as the first 3 months have been.

I have a question for all of you too. Have you all heard about and listen to the warning that pregnant women shouldn't eat lunch meat, soft cheeses, etc? The reason I ask, while eating out while on vacation I got a bowl of soup and a turkey sandwich. I get the sandwich and it is sliced, cold turkey (not what I was expecting) and after eating the soup I find out it had soft cheese in it (I think it was brei or something like that). So now every since then I have worried about it, ugghh, even though my OB has never mentioned it and I keep forgetting to ask him about it. What do you guys think of the warning?

Praying for all of you for long easy pregnancies!! Have a great weekend!

Mom to Bethanie Ann born 9/3/00 at 27 weeks due to PE and HELLP syndrome.
Expecting #2 due Feb 25, 2005. Praying really hard for a healthy, long pregnancy!

tanya

Postby tanya » Wed Aug 11, 2004 04:17 pm

Welcome Donna and Heather!!! It is so exciting for all of us to be due about the same time!!!

I had my very boring appointment today!!! YAY!!! I love boring!! Everything sounded great. I will be 16 weeks as of tomorrow and so far I am feeling fabulous!! My bp was 120/70 and the baby's heartrate was strong and healthy. My OB and I have been discussing putting me on either heparin or lovenox in the next couple months. I have never been on either of these medications before,probably because I never had an OB quite as on top of things as my OB during this pregnancy. I was really borderline for a couple of different test results at my last appointment so right now we are just considering the medication an option. Other than my little update, I hope all of you are doing well and feeling great!![;)] I can hardly wait to hear some more updates from all of you!!!

Take Care,
Tanya
Jason(DH)
Leah born 2/4/99 at 34 weeks ...PIH
Miscarriage 10 weeks
Grant born 3/29/01 at 31 weeks... Severe PE
Miracle #3 EDD 01/27/05

raindrop

Postby raindrop » Tue Aug 10, 2004 01:22 pm

I will most likely deliver around the end of January by my guesses of when both my others were delivered. Possibly the first week of Feb. So that is why I came here... I know that I def wont make to March... docs dont even think so.

Donna - 32
Richard - 33
Whitney Lynn Rochelle- 6-27-99 - (36 wks due to PE) 5lbs 2oz 18in long
Wyatt Elijah Lawrence- 7-3-03 (34wks 6days due to PIH/PE) 4lbs 6.8oz 17in long
Expecting #3 EDD March 3, 2005 - gallstones

http://www.geocities.com/raindropzplace ... 7812569412

http://www.imagestation.com/member/?name=raindrop1971

specmom

Postby specmom » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:05 am

Hi Donna! Congratulations on your u/s!! You are certainly most welcome here. I think Kara (MaxsMom) just started a March/April 2005 thread, too. I am technically due in February, but will be delivered in January (so I usually follow January chats), so it's totally whatever you feel best fits. Please keep us posted and take care. [:)]

Tamara
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
*Cole(2/15/03)-Gest.Diab/PUPPP/HELLP/severe atypical PE/Emerg.C-Sect
*#2 (due 2/3/05, schedule c/s @ 1/24/05)-Protein S/Gest.Diab.

raindrop

Postby raindrop » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:18 am

Hey everyone.. Do I count on a Jan or Feb preg as mine is due 3-3-05 (most likely in jan or feb though with the history. (I am 10wks 5d today) I just got my first U/S today and the baby was wiggling around the whole time. The doc said it was laying in a 3-point stance (football term i think) he said it may be a boy already wanting to be a football player..lol.. I will have a link up later with the pics I got too. My BP is still good 110/78 I think it was.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4285951349

Just thought I would send out a big congrats to everyone else that is expecting too and to a very uneventful 9mo to everyone.

Donna - 32
Richard - 33
Whitney Lynn Rochelle- 6-27-99 - (36 wks due to PE) 5lbs 2oz 18in long
Wyatt Elijah Lawrence- 7-3-03 (34wks 6days due to PIH/PE) 4lbs 6.8oz 17in long
Expecting #3 EDD March 3, 2005 - gallstones

http://www.geocities.com/raindropzplace ... 7812569412

http://www.imagestation.com/member/?name=raindrop1971

specmom

Postby specmom » Tue Aug 10, 2004 09:14 am

Welcome, Heather! I'm glad to hear that your upper respiratory symptoms are clearing up a bit. I hope that your rib is healing well. That must be really painful. Please continue to keep us posted!

Deborah, I am so sorry that things continue to be stressful at home. I hope that your dad gets out of the hospital soon and makes a full recovery. Let us know how everything goes. Take care.

Tamara
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
*Cole(2/15/03)-Gest.Diab/PUPPP/HELLP/severe atypical PE/Emerg.C-Sect
*#2 (due 2/3/05, schedule c/s @ 1/24/05)-Protein S/Gest.Diab.

natan

Postby natan » Mon Aug 09, 2004 05:52 pm

Welcome Heather, you will fine there is tremedous amount of support here. So you will automatically feel at home here. I am glad to see

It is nice to know we are all on the same track on weekly count. I am also 15 weeks. Today, I go for another Ultra sound, take AFP test and talk about the amnio appt in 2 wks. Things seem fine after all that has happened. I do get worried, I get so caught up with stuff I am not sure what I am feeling in my stomach, is it baby related or stress.

Well I am waiting for babysitter as we speak so I will have a little break for 2hrs or so.

Have a good week,
Deborah
P.S My father is back in hosptial for some complications that went wrong the first time. Haaaaaa .!! [:(]

heatherbbb

Postby heatherbbb » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:40 am

Hi all. I wanted to join your string. I am 15 weeks pregnant and due somewhere between 1/26/05 and 2/1/05 (depending on using the calendar or ultrasound). Pregnancy does not seem to agree with me. I have chronic sinusitus that gets ten times worse with pregnancy. I feel worse as the pregnancy goes on. I'm just getting over a 7 week sinus infection and cough. I actually broke a rib from coughing so hard. I've just gotten my nausea back after a break, but thank goodness the vomitting of the first trimester didn't come with it.

I haven't felt the baby move, but then again I never felt my first move and he was delivered at 26 weeks. I saw the baby move during my last ultrasound two weeks ago so I know he/she is moving. I'm hoping to find the gender out in about 5 weeks (if the baby cooperates).

I hope you are all doing well.

Mother of Seth Russell, delivered 26 weeks due to PE/HELLP 9/3/03-2/13/04
http://members.cox.net/heatherbbb/seth/seth.htm
Due with baby # 2 Feb 1, 2005

Return to “Pregnant Again?”