Due in January or February 2005?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
julie f

Re : Due in January or February 2005?

Postby julie f » Thu Jun 10, 2004 05:09 pm

Good idea Tamara!

I'm doing really well! Feeling great, just a little tired and sometimes queasy in the afternoon but, I am loving every minute of it! I am super super excited - terrified as well but, not as much as I thought I would be. As I get closer to 20 weeks though, I am sure that will all change... so for now, I'm just trying to enjoy! And, trying to get big! I want to wear those maternity clothes NOW!

I'm due on 2/9 - my birthday!![:D][:D] But, if all is going well then my dr. said she'll do a repeat C at 39 weeks. My plan though, is to camp out at her office once I hit 36 weeks and just stay until she takes that baby out![;)] My 1st appt is on the 22nd and I can't wait. She said we'll do an u/s and hopefully see the heartbeat - I'll be 1 day short of 7 weeks and she said you can usually see it at 7 wks. My appt is with my regular OB, she said unless there is an issue, I won't see the peri until 15 wks.

DH is doing OK but, really emotional. He can't much talk about it without tearing up or crying so, I'm trying to remain really optimistic for him, I think it helps him. He does not want to tell anyone... I have told my friends but we are going to wait a while to tell family. I want to savor this excitement for a while before the family starts in with all their advice, opinions, etc...

Wishing all of us very uneventful pregnancies...![:D][:D]

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 9, 2005!!!!

Southern California Coordinator

tanya

Postby tanya » Thu Jun 10, 2004 04:55 pm

Hello Ladies,

I am so far feeling great!!! My DH and I are totally excited for this new little person to be coming into our family!! As for the morning sickness,I am one of the lucky ones who never have had to experience that part of pregnancy. Now if I could just figure out a way to not get sick at the end,I would be in business!![:p]My DH and I have decided to only tell our immediate families until my first doctor appointment which is June 21. For the most part everyone we have told has been very excited for us except for my dad. He is one of these really gruff and tuff guys who doesn't ever show emotion,but would do anything for you if you needed help with something. He just shows his emotions differently from other people. Hopefully he will warm up to the idea soon. For now he is kind of torked off though but I really kind of expected that.[V] I told my DD and DS a couple of weeks ago already. My DD is at the age where alot of difficult questions have been coming out. Hopefully I can answer them as gracefully as possible without getting to many gray hairs!!![;)] Glad to hear from you Tamara. Hope you guys are both doing well!!![:p]

Take Care,
Tanya
Jason(DH)
Leah born 2/4/99 at 34 weeks PIH
Miscarriage 10 weeks
Grant born 3/29/01 at 31 weeks
#3 EDD 1/31/05

kimpaulus00

Postby kimpaulus00 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:17 am

Technically, my due date is January 3, 2005 (so I just barely into January), but my peri said that if all goes well we are looking at another c-section at about 38 weeks (approx. Dec 20).
I just saw my peri again this morning and she had another u/s done and everything is looking great! Munchkin is measuring at about 11 weeks instead of the 10 weeks, 3 days based on the previous u/s calculations. So looking good... BTW, BP was 118/70 which my peri was thrilled over! (Me too!)
So far no morning sickness, although I never really had any with Allison, just more gas than anything else. (TMI, I know...)
Here's to continued great pregnancies for all of us!

Kim
Mother to
Allison Jean (born 5/23/2003), our beautiful angel who showed a spirit and strength that belied her small size and short time on earth
New Little One -- due January 3, 2005 but will be here in 2004 -- keep thinking of us

specmom

Postby specmom » Thu Jun 10, 2004 07:45 am

I've had two ultrasounds already, just to ensure it's not an ectopic so I can take heparin shots if I need to do that. I will have another u/s next Wednesday to check the heartbeat, but everything looks okay so far.[:)] DH hasn't told his family yet, and I just told my dad yesterday. His first reaction was "I told you not to get pregnant!" He was a little worried about my last pregnancy. He warmed up after a couple of minutes. The plan for me is to do a repeat c/s at 38 weeks (around January 21-24). The OB said I can do 36 weeks (I got rapid onset HELLP at 38wks) if I have an amnio to check lung maturity. I may do that. I feel pretty comfortable with the game plan thus far. I'm on baby aspirin until my protein s level drops below a certain number, then heparin or Lovenox. They will test my blood once a month (CBC including platelets, liver profile, and protein S level) until the 3rd trimester, and then will test once a week. I'm glad my OB and peri are indulging my hypervigilance.[:I]

Tamara
*Cole(2/15/03)-Gest.Diab/PUPPP/HELLP/severe atypical PE/Emerg.C-Sect
*#2 (due 2/5/05, schedule c/s @ 1/24/05)-Protein S

specmom

Due in January or February 2005?

Postby specmom » Thu Jun 10, 2004 07:20 am

Hi everyone (Bridget, Deborah, Tanya, Julie and all other January/February 2005 due dates)!!!! Congratulations!!!

I thought it might be fun to have a thread to follow each other along the way. How is everyone feeling? Morning sickness? Seen your OB/peri yet? Any planned treatments this time around? Have you told friends and family yet? How is DH dealing? Do you know if you are being delivered early? Post anything you are thinking about, worried about, excited about . . . we'll all be going through it at about the same time. [:D]

Tamara
*Cole(2/15/03)-Gest.Diab/PUPPP/HELLP/severe atypical PE/Emerg.C-Sect
*#2 (due 2/5/05, schedule c/s @ 1/24/05)-Protein S

Return to “Pregnant Again?”