Who's having a baby?! (roll call)

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
nikita22

Re : Who's having a baby?! (roll call)

Postby nikita22 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:15 am

1) How many weeks? 21 weeks today

2) Boy, girl, don't want to know, don't know? Boy..first after 4 girls! ;0)

3) How's the pregnancy going (bp, etc)? BP is starting to rollercoaster, but so far so good

4) And how about the stress management? Pretty good

5) Strangest advice someone has given you about pregnancy/children? Hubby is Mexican and they believe if a baby is born under a rainbow (while one is in the sky) they will be born with no arms?!!!!

kyliek

Postby kyliek » Fri Feb 26, 2010 03:02 am

Hi, I have been lurking and have tried introducing myself before but for some reason it has stuffed up and all I wrote disappeared.

1 - 11+2
2 - Don't know and am afraid of finding out because I know the survival stas on boys vs girls and if it was a boy it would add to my anxiety
3 - All is fine so far, it is early days. Since I had an onset of 23wks last time my odds aren't that great for later on, but I am hoping for a better outcome.
4 - Have started seeing my psychologist again, have a bit of anxiety and trouble sleeping, but I am getting better,
5 - No real strange advice, but I have had plenty of inappropriate comments about this one replacing our son.

amaara

Postby amaara » Fri Feb 26, 2010 00:58 am

1) How many weeks? 27

2) Boy, girl, don't want to know, don't know? Boy!

3) How's the pregnancy going (bp, etc)? Good. GP is around 120/70 with no meds. This is great for me! :)

I will start steroids on Monday to mature the lungs. He will be delivered at 36 weeks.

4) And how about the stress management? Good, even though on my favorite nurses is undergoing chemo for breast cancer, my favorite sonographer was in a terrible car accident, and my OB just had a heart attack. That place already had bad memories from my previous experience, but now it has reached Wagnerian levels...

5) Strangest advice someone has given you about pregnancy/children? "Eat anything you want-- you are pregnant!"

~~Amaara

beetkvass

Postby beetkvass » Thu Feb 25, 2010 08:45 pm

1) How many weeks? 21

2) Boy, girl, don't want to know, don't know? It's a girl!

3) How's the pregnancy going (bp, etc)? On 200 mg of labetalol twice a day but it's doing a great job with the BP.

4) And how about the stress management? Eh. Up and down.

5) Strangest advice someone has given you about pregnancy/children? Can't think of anything particularly odd.

softpink86

Postby softpink86 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 03:23 pm

1) How many weeks? 9 weeks

2) Boy, girl, don't want to know, don't know? Dont know yet? I have a little girl and a little boy already, so will be happy with either!

3) How's the pregnancy going (bp, etc)? So far so good! Praying it stays this way.

4) And how about the stress management? Just taking everything one day at a time. I work full time and my husband isnt home until late in the evening, so after work is the most difficult. My kids are usually so sleepy after school and daycare though that most of the time they arent super pleasant in the evenings ;-)...Im working on that! Also on beta blockers for stress and heart palpitations.

5) Strangest advice someone has given you about pregnancy/children? Oh gosh, I wish I didnt have the forgetful prego brain right now...Im sure I have been offered some pretty wacko advice!

aggie95mom

Postby aggie95mom » Wed Feb 24, 2010 02:14 pm

1) 7 weeks

2) I already have 2 boys (5 and 19 months) so I have to admit I'd love to buy pink flowery dresses, but I really just want a healthy take home baby (and mom, too).

3) Well, considering I found out that I was pregnant two days after my husband deployed to Afghanistan for a year, I am a bit freaked out! I'm on BP meds now and am hoping the MFM will give some anxiety meds next week. I've been lucky to have a successful second pregnancy so I know I can do all of the appointments/medicine, but I just cannot seem to get over the worry.

4) Reflexology is my favorite and I'm going to start taking a yoga class. I've actually found that taking a brisk walk in the night air after my kids are asleep is really calming to me ... of course I cannot go too far so I just walk the cul-de-sac outside our house (with the bedroom window cracked so I can hear them if they wake up).

5) I have to second JulieB. After my first son was born at 26 weeks and spent 78 days in the NICU, someone told me when I returned to work that I was so lucky to have a baby and no stretch marks. I would have gladly been permanently marked physically to not have had my sweet son go through all that he did. Goodness knows I have a lot of emotional "stretch marks"!

jonathonsmom

Postby jonathonsmom » Wed Feb 24, 2010 00:08 am

1) 14 weeks
2) We will be finding out the gender on March 26:)
3)Not so good. BP started to rise as of 12 weeks. Started 200 mg of labetol and now considered chronic. Hoping this is not an indication of things to come for this pregnancy!
4)Stress management? What's that?;) With a 17 month old running around, my only break is after he goes to bed:)

merz4

Postby merz4 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:23 pm

1) How many weeks? 15w1d

2) Boy, girl, don't want to know, don't know? Hopefully will know in 2 weeks

3) How's the pregnancy going (bp, etc)? OK, except the stress and the bilateral uterine artery notching.

4) And how about the stress management? Need H-E-L-P! (and not HELLP!)

5) Strangest advice someone has given you about pregnancy/children? Can't think of anything right now.

julieb

Postby julieb » Tue Feb 23, 2010 09:01 pm

1) How many weeks?
27+4!!

2) Boy, girl, don't want to know, don't know?
We don't want to know but it is getting harder with ultrasounds every 2 weeks!

3) How's the pregnancy going (bp, etc)?
BP has been pretty good, lately it has gone up about 10 points but is still around 115-120/mid 70s so still pretty good. Baby has been growing right on track and we have another growth US this week.

4) And how about the stress management?
I am feeling a little better about making it to my next goal which is 28w6d (when DS was born) but I am just taking it one day at a time. I was very stressed but decided until I have a reason to worry, I will really try not to, we will see how well that works :)

5) Strangest advice someone has given you about pregnancy/children?
Not really advice, but when DS was in the NICU, several people told me that I was lucky to have avoided the discomfort of the last trimester!! Would someone really trade their discomfort for a baby in the NICU for several months??

rgrwife

Postby rgrwife » Tue Feb 23, 2010 06:33 pm

1) 13.5 weeks

2) Can't wait to find out!

3) Great! Minus a bladder infection caused by GBS. Normal BPs so far, no morning sickness.

4) Better then I thought. But I expect the anxiety to increase the farther along I get.

5) Once a woman told me I needed to put a coat on my then 6 month old...it was 80 degrees outside....

Return to “Pregnant Again?”