37 weeks and...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
l412angel

Re : 37 weeks and...

Postby l412angel » Tue Mar 02, 2010 06:19 pm

Keep in mind that your BP can vary throughout the day. For example I get higher readings in the evening, and in the am its super low.

Try not to freak out. If your questioning your nurse call your OB and ask for a recheck.

I would also start monitoring your BPs at home 3 times a day. Just so you know :)

As for headaches, a headache that goes away with tylenol is different than one that does not...or is VERY VERY painful.

I think you should call the doctor just because peace of mind truly is priceless!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Tue Mar 02, 2010 04:27 pm

Peace of mind is so worth a phone call to your OB.

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Tue Mar 02, 2010 01:29 pm

I agree with Becky. If calling helps then go ahead and call by all means. When reading your description it doesn't appear urgent but as you know things can change quickly so continue keep eye out & doing your kick counts.

I wish you another couple of weeks of pregnancy and peace of mind!

rebecca2

Postby rebecca2 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:14 am

I'll qualify this by first saying I've never been 37 weeks pregnant before, but I think your symptoms sound completely normal for 37 weeks. I also think your worry and anxiousness are also completely normal for a mother whose had first hand experience with HELLP or PE.

My suggestion is to go ahead and call your OB to help ease your mind. Mom's mental health is important too and there is no need to worry until Friday if a phone call will help. I hope all is well and it is just nerves. Keep us updated.

brooklynsmom

37 weeks and...

Postby brooklynsmom » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:43 am

feeling very worried and anxious...I have had no swelling, and have had great appointments (last one a week ago, no protein, BP of 102/60 (? lowest of entire pregnancy!, no swelling)....I haven't even been monitoring my blood pressure at home routinely, but when I have it has been very good. I took it randomly at home the other day, and it was up to 117/77!!!! NOT that that is a bad pressure, but I am not sure what to make of it since the last appt. check was so low (I am NOT entirely sure I trust this new nurse, though...)...and now I am freaking out! I still don't have swelling, but I did wake up with a headache today-I had some Tylenol and it is gone now..., and I have felt groggy the last couple of days...I haven't been sleeping well, but I am now stressing over EVERY little symptom...I have another appointment on Friday, with an ultrasound to check on baby, but I am all of a sudden super worried about everything...do you think I should call the Dr. or wait until Friday to share everything...I know nothing is "diagnostic" but at 37 weeks, I just want the baby to be here with everything fine! I don't remember feeling this way with the last pregnancy, which was PE free, but I was at the Dr. CONSTANTLY due to GD, and now that this time I have no diagnosis to see them more often, I am going a little crazy...Thanks for listening if you've made it this far!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”