I think I better get shopping.....

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
april

Re : I think I better get shopping.....

Postby april » Mon Jun 21, 2004 01:27 pm

Tracy,

Conrats on making it so far and still preg, that is great. I emailed you.

april(24)
dh-billy(29)
dd-Natalie 3/10/04(pasted away after 1 hr.) induced labor at 23wks and 5 days due to severe PE/HELLP

sherry fisher

Postby sherry fisher » Mon Jun 21, 2004 03:03 am

Hey Tracy, if ya need a partner in crime...let me know! HE HE! I live close and never turn down a trip to Babies R Us!! lol I thought of something too...you are going to go down that baby isle and say "Wow, they did not have this 11 yrs ago." Or "what is this for". There is SOOO much new and fun stuff! And hey, I could give ya pointers on baby stuff that might be nice! Speaking of which, I think I will start a thread on that for all you pregnant mommies!

Sherry Fisher (28)
DH: Bill (35)
Proud Mama to:
#1) Alex 1/1/94-PE
#2) Abbie 12/17/97-PIH
#3 Will 08/03/02-PP PE
#4) Anna 04/06/04 - PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish3/
Baby Annna;
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish4/

angelkat

Postby angelkat » Wed Jun 16, 2004 09:26 am

It's funny because I couldn't come up with a middle name for Drew so we settled on Andrew and made sure NO ONE called him Andy!!... I never even call him Andrew (LOL) It's always been Drew since he was in my belly!....

Good Luck with the C-sec!!! Time sure did fly didn't it!!!...Keep us updated or else we will be tapping our feet wondering.....

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/l ... ope&Sort=V

iansmom

Postby iansmom » Wed Jun 16, 2004 09:22 am

Congrats on 28 weeks!! I am 36 weeks today and planning a c-section for TUESDAY! And guess what? The co-sleeper that I bought months ago just came out of it's box yesterday. And who did it?? ME, of course. The dang thing is heavy, so I left it for DH in the floor of the spare room. Still there, but at least Ian has a new box to play with!! DH still has to rearrange out bedroom, attach the cosleeper and buy a carseat. How many times do you think I have reminded him!! I have really learned how much I do around here now that I can't do it. It has been good for me, though. I will definitely not obsess about housework anymore. At least all the baby clothes and diapers have been washed and my bag is packed. I am suree the bed will be put together while I am in the hospital, so I might as well not worry about it! Enjoy shopping, and do a little for me. BTW, DH is set on the name Drew, but I'm having trouble with a middle name. We'll see, soon.

Ian 12/26/01 - 26 weeks P/E & HELLP
#2 EDD July 15, 2004

angelkat

Postby angelkat » Wed Jun 16, 2004 08:46 am

We have no Ikea out here (BOOOHOOOO) but I LOVE Ikea (I'm from Jersey and shopped there all the time!-but now live in St. Louis). The base has a really nice crib on sale this week for 40.00 (You read it right!!!) DH just called and said he was going to pick it up later today since he has duty all day and can not go with me to the doctors (this is a first me going by myself LOL!).

The funniest part of this... I have not been this preg is 11 years!!... My last few preg was with Kyle and heck he's already 11 going on 12! Man, I'm old!... I forgot how HOT it is in the summer, how it stinks to sleep, trying to get comfie... IT"S ALL WORTH EVERY MIN OF IT!!!!....

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/l ... ope&Sort=V

twolfgram

Postby twolfgram » Wed Jun 16, 2004 08:33 am

I totally understand what you're going through! 8 days more and I will be the farthest I've gone with a pg and will feel more comfortable with buying things. I think it's kind of ironic that my first BPP is the same gestational day that Erik died. Makes me nervous, too! Another little "happy" - I was able to put my wedding ring on today - my fingers have been a little swollen lately and I haven't worn it for a week! I'm am attributing it to the heat and humidity of late since my BP has been good!

I am so glad you're doing well, T!! I'll be 28 weeks on Sat!! It's fun having the same due date!!

Therese
Mom to:
Jonathan 10/4/95
Erik Stillborn 12/20/02
And "Baby dot" - EDD 9/11/04 - it's a BOY!!

meljoi

Postby meljoi » Wed Jun 16, 2004 08:25 am

T-
I say hit the stores.
(I admit that I have started a mini (very mini-list)
at babies r us online-as my mother and close friends are
demanding it.....but 16 weeks is SO early.)

Ikea seems to be the answer, we've been meaning to do the drive to Houston (only an hour and a half away)......We're set on a lot of stuff....it's just odds and ends-

I would start with mini shopping trips, a little here a little there. And as for where to sleep....Peyton had a crib, but the only place I could get him to sleep until he was 5 months old was his infant carseat!!! (the doctor ok'ed it, as Jeremy thought we were destroying his spine)......

HUGS.

Melissa Joi 32
DH Jeremy 43
mama to Peyton John 12/04/00 (severe pre-e @ 38wks)
2nd babe due 11/26/04

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Wed Jun 16, 2004 07:06 am

Just wanted to say that I am really happy to hear about 28 weeks! I have been following your story, and I am amazed by how strong you are! Good luck with the organizing and shopping[:)], and make sure you float in the pool in between shopping trips[;)].

Anne
DH Richard
Parker 7/6/03(severe pe)33wks

mada

Postby mada » Wed Jun 16, 2004 06:04 am

T
I have nothing reallt to add that these lovely women haven't said...but wow 28 weeks is so awesome!! Sorta a turning point. YOu are doing so great!!

Mada Harpster-moderator for pregnant again

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.

catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby catherine » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:32 pm

Tracy, I've posted a million times about how I've never been able to get anything ready for even one of my kids. So, I'll just say this... do only what makes you feel good, and safe and ready. The rest is all going to take care of itself!

Sleep well, enjoy your pool floats.......

Shop online....

Hugs

Catherine
Mom to Finn, Lucy (preeclampsia and HELLP) and Chloe.
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors

Return to “Pregnant Again?”