I am back unfortunately

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
lucy

Re : I am back unfortunately

Postby lucy » Sun Jan 25, 638933 11:25 pm

Just wanted to add my congratulations, and wish you luck! Keep us updated.

glimmer

Postby glimmer » Sun Jan 25, 638933 5:10 pm

Hi and congrats to your pregnancy. It's good that the doctor has a close look on you, but
he seems a little bit overfocused on swelling. My OB said that many women have a lot of swelling and
that in itself it's nothing to worry about and very common. I also never heard about a compression hose.
So, -- as a non-doc -- I would watch these pressures but not get too worked up about the "internal swelling".

shannas

Postby shannas » Sun Nov 30, 638932 11:47 am

I had a dr. appt today. My blood pressure this morning was 138/71 this morning before swimming lessons so I was very nervous to go. When I got to the dr., my blood pressure was better. Dr. told me that I need to take my blood pressure every morning and journal it for them. If any number goes above 140/90, I am supposed to let him know. I then had gained 8lbs in a month which really worried him. He said it was swelling but the swelling isn't visible so it was internal swelling. I asked him if he was sure it was just fat and he said, no it was definitely internal swelling. He told me to continue to wear my compression hose and to continue to watch my sodium intake. Finally, there was a trace of protein in my urine sample. It was thankfully only a trace. He wants to see him again in a month and to let him know if my blood pressure goes up. I have to do my glucose test also when I come.

jamilyn

Postby jamilyn » Tue Nov 15, 638929 11:00 am

Sorry to hear you are back on the site. I was put on partial bedrest at 9 weeks with my last pergnancy and put on full bedrest at 15 weeks and delivered my son stillborn at 25 weeks. I have a 4 year old and it was tough. Get a box full of games, cards, coloring books, flashcards things like that so you can play while you are on the couch or in bed. If you have friends with kids around you then put it out that you will need help and if any of them would be willing to take a couple hours a week and watch your little one. That is one thing I didnt do that would've been so much better if I would have.
Best of luck to you and take care of yourself.

shannas

Postby shannas » Mon Nov 14, 638929 9:58 pm

Dr. visit went very well. We are having another girl which really surprised me. I really thought it was a boy. We are excited either way! Everything in ultrasound was perfect. Dr. was very pleased to see that I wasn't swelling any more. It was a great visit!!

shannas

Postby shannas » Thu Nov 03, 638929 3:25 am

I have a dr. appt in 45 min. I am 19 weeks 1 day along so we are having an ultrasound. I am supposed to find out sex of baby if the baby cooperates. I am still swelling a little in the legs but no swelling in hands or face so I think I am safe from being put on bedrest. I haven't taken my blood pressure in awhile so I am assuming it is still okay. I am so excited about the u/s. This baby had better COOPERATE! My daughter didn't when we did the first u/s to find out sex.

shannas

Postby shannas » Thu Nov 03, 638929 3:20 am

They make neutral ones also. I just bought 7 pairs so I can wear shorts. I got mine from www.ameswalker.com They are much cooler than my white ones.

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Thu Nov 03, 638929 2:55 am

This is wonderful news! I was always told that as long as my swelling went away at night and I wasn't swelling anywhere else that yes, it was 'suppose' to be normal. I'm so glad to see that the change in diet and the compression hose are making such a difference. Question though - do they make them in any other color than the white? LOL

kiwi_susie

Postby kiwi_susie » Wed Nov 02, 638929 1:25 am

That's great news :) My legs started puffing in the early 20 something week period and I freaked out (of course!) and saw the doc immediately, convinced that PE was upon me. But no. You see, *normal* pregnant women get puffy too :) Something that I hadn't even contemplated. I hope that's what it is in your case too. All the best :)

shannas

Postby shannas » Mon Jan 20, 638927 4:22 am

Great dr. visit. My blood pressure was great! I have lost 2 lbs, which was swelling, since I am wearing my hose and eating low sodium. Since my blood pressure was great, dr. wasn't real worried about headaches. We are thinking they are sinus headaches so I have been taking sudafed. He told me to stop taking sudafed because sudafed raises blood pressure. He told me to start taking benadryl every night and see if that took away headaches. Yeah, no bedrest!!!!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”