Movement?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
megansmom

Re : Movement?

Postby megansmom » Mon Jun 21, 2004 08:43 am

I was right around 17 weeks when I felt the first flutter. I had a book resting on my tummy and I guess she was just telling me to get it off. [:p]

~Amanda
Mama to Megan, severe PE with mild HELLP at 34 wks

sweetiesuzy

Postby sweetiesuzy » Mon Jun 21, 2004 06:01 am

I always have felt my babies early. My first was probably around 17 weeks. Second 14 or so weeks. Third 14-15 weeks and current babe the same. I guess I have very JUMPY babies [:D]

Hugs,
Suzanna

DS 3/25/95
DD 10/26/01 stillbirth
DS 12/30/02
AND ~ It's a GIRL! Laura Elise edd 8/6/04

angelkat

Postby angelkat » Mon Jun 21, 2004 04:40 am

Actually my doctor was the first one to feel Casey at 14 weeks when he was listening to his heartbeat and said he just kicked me... Do you feel him kicking?... I thought it was just a little gas bubble! LOL!!!....

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/l ... ope&Sort=V

sherry fisher

Postby sherry fisher » Mon Jun 21, 2004 02:57 am

With the weight gain, baby movement, and 'showing'...are you sure that you are not further along than what you are?

I too thought that I was showing early...I think that is a normal pregnancy reaction. We just want to get those cute maternity clothes out..only to hate them and be done with them by your 7th mo. lol

I felt all my kids at differnt intervals. With my first 2 it was right at 20 weeks. With my third, 18 and with my last it was 16 weeks believe it or not! Started out as flutters, but by week 17 she was 'bumping' into everything in there! It was great! And a welcome change since I knew she would be my last. I cherised every 'bump' she gave me!

Sherry Fisher (28)
DH: Bill (35)
Proud Mama to:
#1) Alex 1/1/94-PE
#2) Abbie 12/17/97-PIH
#3 Will 08/03/02-PP PE
#4) Anna 04/06/04 - PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish3/
Baby Annna;
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish4/

deerhart

Postby deerhart » Fri Jun 18, 2004 09:55 am

I was showing very erly the seocnd time, its due to your muscles remembering pregnancy and automatically loosening to give you room. I will also add that my belly was obvious even though I lost 15-20 lbs.

In my first pregnancy I didn't feel movement until about 18 weeks, but the second time around everyone made fun of me because I swore up and down that I could feel the baby move at 8-10 weeks. It was the EXACT same feeling (like little tickles).
The only people who beleived me where my husband and my doctor =/
My doctor beleived me because of the way everything was sitting in the ultrasound and the fact that I could tell her where the baby was at (and he was right there). Mine was all in my lower left quadrent right over my hip bone and on the ultra sound it looked as if the baby was sitting in the smallest spot of my uturus at the very bottom right on the wall. Not a typical place to have gas feelings either LOL.

Whether it was the baby or just fluid moving around I don't care one bit, it was a nice way for me to mentally and emotional connect with the baby very early.

Erin

Moderator - Parents of Preemies
Missouri State Coordinator
Mommy to Alex (4)and Mason (1 1/2)
Law Student - 1 year done, 2 to go

julie f

Postby julie f » Thu Jun 17, 2004 04:07 pm

Just wanted to say hi and welcome! I pray that your pregnancy will be quite uneventful this time and that between you and your high-risk, you'll have all bases covered.

I'm only 6 wks along and feel quite bloated, I'm convinced I'm "showing" but, DH has assured met that I'm not.[}:)] I can't button my "skinny" jeans anymore though... Not sure if I've put on weight yet, we don't have a scale and I don't think I want to know anyway! [;)]

Let us know when you get your appt and keep us updated!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 9, 2005!!!!

Southern California Coordinator

akemt

Postby akemt » Thu Jun 17, 2004 03:50 pm

I felt like I was showing pretty early both times though only DH and I could tell. From what I have read, it is from bloating and not-so-tight-anymore abdominal muscles. Like mine were ever tight to begin with? LOL And I would get that MFM appointment and tell them about the water retention. Are you drinking TONS of fluid? Being a hot time of year, we need more anyway.

Congratulations on your unexpected pregnancy! Hopefully with all the monitoring things will go great for you. Keep us informed as to how things are going.

Catherine (23), Moderator (pregnant again)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
Girl #2 due August 11, 2004 Borderline PIH & gallbladder fun!

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Thu Jun 17, 2004 01:54 pm

Congrats!!!
A very exciting, yet scary time.
Anytime you need someone to talk to or have a question- feel free to ask away :o)

As for the "feelings" as I'll call it. I too thought many times I felt something early. Turns out my Dr. was convincing me it was gas. [:I] I don't doubt it was. But still, not like I felt it before the positive pg test. So I feel ya' on the being way too intune to your body. But that isn't a bad thing. Many have caught complications in advance from being so intune.
After a bad bout' with PE and or HELLP - find me a women who isn't paranoid and tunes into a higher frequency a second time around. I almost wonder the ratio of that helping Dr.'s to catch symptoms earlier....
Anyways, I'm running with this huh?

I'm so sorry to hear about your other added complications. Like worrying about PE isn't enough.
Great news that this time your are going to MFM! I call mine my GOD! )
I too feel I went mistreated/ignored the first time and that's why I got so ill. Rumor has it I'm lucky to be here. I'll take it :o)
So if ya' win the lotto once... kidding.

Weight gain. Well not too too too sure on that. But another girl here (Meljoi) good friend. She too said she gained rather quickly her second time pg. I've gained 4lbs this whole time. (I'll take that too.) I was very overweight my first time. Spent the past 3 yrs losing 40lbs.
So before I go on and on anymore.
I'd just add that you get that appt. at MFM asap. Spill your guts on everything, and include your newest concerns. I don't even try to know everything. Ask the experts in the field. :o)
Do keep us all updated!
Best wishes as you start your journey.

Again, nice to meet you.

Jennie (24)
Shad DH (28)

Jaidyn 1.24.01 (30 wkr)
Severe PE/HELLP
2lb. 12oz.

Heavenly Angel:
Blaze
(miscarriage)

"Pork-Chop"
EDD- Thanksgiving! 11.25.04

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jaid/ (updated May 26th, u/s photos in J's gallery)

amjeang

Postby amjeang » Thu Jun 17, 2004 01:14 pm

Hello,

Nice to meet you! Yes I am currently 9 weeks. I have a 4yr old son, who was born the morning I hit 34 weeks due to severe Pre-eclampsia. He was 4lbs 6oz and 17in long! He is doing well now, but its been a long road. All of his complications were "fixable"[:)]. Anyway, I recently had some heart surgery and was taken off of my birth control due to some blood clotting issues, when bam![:0] I got pregnant. This one was a total suprise (not that the first wasn't)..In any event, I have been told I am up against some serious risk factors. Since not only do I have Heart disease, but a 20%-60% chance of getting severe preeclampsia again (nevermind the gestational diabetes). And if that happens, then I am looking at complicating my current heart condition.

On the bright side, With my first they were not aware that I had any of these issues, and therefore, they went untreated for a long time. With this one, at least everyone is well aware and I will be monitered closely by Maternal Fetal Medicine from the start.

I was told to consider how "adomet I am about keeping this pregnancy" since it has only been 6mo since I had the heart procedure.

Well I decided that it's beyond me to abort a pregnancy and I am taking some chances. So I need to call MFM and get an appointment pronto!!

I am really paranoid about this one. Every twinge I feel I jump at. And since I just had the heart procedure I am slightly more in tune with my body than the norm.

I am convinced I feel movement, though its probably only in my head, since it is sooo early.

And I am already starting to show. Is that so unusual? I've gained about 7lBs already, and I already have quite a bit of water retention. [:(]

Have you or anyone else listening experienced this, this early as well? Or I am just getting fat?[:I]

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:32 am

Hola' Amjeang!
I don't believe we have meet.
Nice to meet you!
Are you expecting?

My answer to your question:
Pg #1 I felt my daughter move at about 20 weeks. She did a 360! I nearly lost my cookies :o)

Pg #2 (17 weeks today!!!) I started feeling little bumps last week, they are getting a little stronger this week. Although I only feel it if I'm kicked back relaxed and not expecting it.

Jennie (24)
Shad DH (28)

Jaidyn 1.24.01 (30 wkr)
Severe PE/HELLP
2lb. 12oz.

Heavenly Angel:
Blaze
(miscarriage)

"Pork-Chop"
EDD- Thanksgiving! 11.25.04

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jaid/ (updated May 26th, u/s photos in J's gallery)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”