Where's my brain now that I'm pg ?!?!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
sherry fisher

Re : Where's my brain now that I'm pg ?!?!

Postby sherry fisher » Mon Jun 21, 2004 02:47 am

Well,if thats the case...I have suffered from 'placenta brain' just about my whole adult life! lol Does that count, can I still blame pregnancy?

Oh Anne, I laughed at ya. Told my DH and he made me tell you not to feel bad...I still forget where I am parked. Only because I have been in the mall WAAAAY TOOOO long!:) So, I get teased all the time...because I will sound the alarm really quick on my van to 'remind' me! [;)]People gotta think I am nuts! But, hey, its better than walking around with 4 kids until someone stops and ask if I am looking for a 5th child that ran off!

And Julie...YEP motor mouth I am! ALL THE TIME, however! lol I will lay in bed at night until DH will actually say.."Honey, I love you! SHUT UP!" LOL LOL...And in his defense, thats only after I have yapped, yapped, yapped for about an hour, nonstop! But, when I was pregnant, I was worse. Anyone who would listen...I would tell ya my whole lifes problems. Then kick myself in the tooshie later for being so open!

Sherry Fisher (28)
DH: Bill (35)
Proud Mama to:
#1) Alex 1/1/94-PE
#2) Abbie 12/17/97-PIH
#3 Will 08/03/02-PP PE
#4) Anna 04/06/04 - PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish3/
Baby Annna;
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish4/

momathelete

Postby momathelete » Sat Jun 19, 2004 08:19 pm

Very funny ladies! We all have so much going on (multi-taskers, all of us!!) I do remember a story when I was pregnant with my first which ended up costing my company quite a bit of money. I worked in a research lab for a telecomm and there was a problem in a lab and to fix it I had to turn a bunch of things off. I ended up going into the wrong lab and shutting the whole thing down as it was in the middle of a major 24 hr test. I ruined the testing and the whole test had to be rescheduled, the customer had to be notified. Boy did I act outraged that someone actually ruined the test. (Like I would admit I did that?!?) I never told anyone that I did that except for a good friend of mine who worked with me and helped me cover it up!! OY!!!

Thanks for letting me get that off of my chest!!

Michelle
Moderator -On Bedrest
Interim Local Coordinator -Illinois

mom to Cole (HELP pregnancy, 28 wkr) 5 yrs old
Lainey (preE pregnancy, 29 wkr) 2 yrs old
Ella (PIH, 37 wkr) 8 mns

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Sat Jun 19, 2004 08:02 pm

Anne, Oh goodness don't say that!!! I'm soo out of sorts it's really bothersome, and to think it could spead out to half my brain [:0]

Mel, Does it help? Any sympathy? I wonder if Chrysler Financial would just wave my last 10 payments????? [;)] A girl can dream!
And yea', it's all the little "odd ball" things that are adding up to my insanity [:)]

Jennie (24)
Shad DH (28)

Jaidyn 1.24.01 (30 wkr)
Severe PE/HELLP
2lb. 12oz.

Heavenly Angel:
Blaze
(miscarriage)

"Pork-Chop"
EDD- Thanksgiving! 11.25.04

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jaid/ (updated May 26th, u/s photos in J's gallery)

meljoi

Postby meljoi » Sat Jun 19, 2004 07:15 am

I do little odd ball things....
-refrigerated things wind up in the cabinet and
vice versa.
-make a list for the grocery and leave it at home.
or don't make a list, but run in for a couple of key items....leave with everything but them.
-I become very forgetful and bills wind up not getting paid.....when they call to tell me,
I plead pregnancy (it SHOULD be an amendment!!)

Melissa Joi 32
DH Jeremy 43
mama to Peyton John 12/04/00 (severe pre-e @ 38wks)
2nd babe due 11/26/04

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Fri Jun 18, 2004 08:49 am

I'm still recovering from my placenta brain, and it has been almost a year! One of my co-workers said her mother used to say you lose 1/4 of your brain power with each child... I have to say that is true in my case![;)]

Anne
DH Richard
Parker 7/6/03(severe pe)33wks

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Thu Jun 17, 2004 07:52 pm

Julie, What dork... Jaidyn interupted me, what I wrote got messed up. Didn't add that my mouth problem is all complaining 24/7. That's why Shad says I'm PMSing [:I] See there's that pg brain thing - side tracking level 2 baby brain syndrom [;)]

Therese, Couldn't agree more. This kid better come out guiness if it's sucking that hard [:D]

T, Stupid things count!!! Oh common, do tell [:)]

Jennie (24)
Shad DH (28)

Jaidyn 1.24.01 (30 wkr)
Severe PE/HELLP
2lb. 12oz.

Heavenly Angel:
Blaze
(miscarriage)

"Pork-Chop"

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jaid/ (updated May 26th, u/s photos in J's gallery)

angelkat

Postby angelkat » Thu Jun 17, 2004 07:11 pm

Can't say I have anything funny like that happen to me... It's usually just the stuipd things happen to me....

Thanks for the laughs (It beats laughing at my DH LOL!!!)

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/l ... ope&Sort=V

twolfgram

Postby twolfgram » Thu Jun 17, 2004 06:46 pm

I don't have any terribly funny stories, just "where's my head at" kind of things at work and stuff. My coworkers call it - BSB, Baby sucking brain syndrome!! I'm sad to say I don't think it ever really goes away! [:)]

Therese
Mom to:
Jonathan 10/4/95
Erik Stillborn 12/20/02
And "Baby dot" - EDD 9/11/04 - it's a BOY!!

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Thu Jun 17, 2004 06:43 pm

Laura, So happy I went with H2o as my drink of choice today. I was sipping some while reading your response to my post. Need I say more?!
[:)] I laughed and was shocked all at the same time.
But I forgot I did have a moment that cost. I forgot my wallet at a pizza place... cash was stolen... Pizza cost ended up costing us $85!
Not a happy hubby. But he's over it [;)]

Julie, Laugh away at us.... your next, And I'll be waiting [;)]
P.s.- I can't blame Pork Chop for my mouth [:0] But Shad went as far to tell me I'm PMSing. [}:)] Makes matters all the better [;)]

Catherine, I'm right there with ya'. My whole brain is shot. You know it's bad when family (who your suspose to love at all cost) tells you they can't wait until your back to your "old" self again. [}:)] I find words quickly then [;)]

Anne, Oh my goodness!!! [:0] What an event! Bet you were scared and embassesed all at once. Only reason I excaped that one is... I always park in the same spot everywhere I go.
And having a potty training toddler is helping with the "I gotta' go"
excuse. We have now mapped all pottys in the greater Pueblo County area. [;)]

Well thanks a million girls! Good to know I'm not alone once again. Looking forward to whatever sillyness is waiting my future.
Future stories to share with Pork Chop. [:)]

Jennie (24)
Shad DH (28)

Jaidyn 1.24.01 (30 wkr)
Severe PE/HELLP
2lb. 12oz.

Heavenly Angel:
Blaze
(miscarriage)

"Pork-Chop"

annegarrett

Postby annegarrett » Thu Jun 17, 2004 05:44 pm

I always pride myself in my "innate" sense of direction. My poor EX was not so well blessed so he relied on me really heavily. When I was in my last pregnancy I parked my car at Bellevue Square (I was heavily pregnant--HEAVILY as in--you plot the next bathroom before you move--pregnant) a local mall and went inside. When I came back outside I had NO CLUE where I had left the car and naturally--I was in no shape to wander the five levels of parking covering two city blocks looking for it. I had to call my then DH and have him come "get me". Naturally...it was fodder for fun (at my expense) for a LONG time.

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation

Return to “Pregnant Again?”