We made it!!! -- Nancy

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
haunaniv

We made it!!! -- Nancy

Postby haunaniv » Fri Jun 18, 2004 07:32 pm

Hi everyone -
I just wanted to let you know that baby boy Daniel was born on June 16 (38 weeks). I went in for my regular Dr. appointment on Tuesday and my doctor decided to induce as bp was 158/102 and had been so unstable. Once admitted to the hospital bp fluctuated between 152/102 and 112/68; however labs continued to come back normal. It was an extremely long and hard labor/delivery lasting 32 hours. In the end, after two hours of pushing without progress (all my other babies were born with just a few pushes), they turned off the epidural to get things going and baby was born 'a la natural'. He weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs. 1 oz. -- my biggest previous to this was only 6 lbs. 13 oz. We were all in shock at how big he was. It was totally unexpected given the sizes of my other babies (who all have the same father) and also that I did not have any GD or anything else aside from elevated bp. Anyway, that explained the lack of progress with labor. I am happy to report that he is healthy, nursing well, and my bp immediately dropped to 110-120's/ 60-70's soon after delivery. I feel wonderful and am thankful it is all over with. Thank goodness I didn't carry this baby to 40 weeks or I might have walked away with an 11 pounder! [:)]Thank you all for your wonderful support during all this. I plan to continue my participation with the group. Thanks again -- Nancy

Nancy: 36 yrs.
dd: 1994 - 40+ weeks, PIH
dd: 1997 - 38 weeks, No Complications!
ds: 1999 - induced at 36 weeks, PIH
ds: 6/16/04 - induced at 38 weeks, PIH

Return to “Pregnant Again?”