Induction date is set!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
rgrwife

Re : Induction date is set!

Postby rgrwife » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:19 pm

Yay! I was wondering how things were going with you. Glad to hear that things are holding steady. Sounds like they are keeping a close eye on you.

jonathonsmom

Postby jonathonsmom » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:48 pm

aggie95mom - I know what you mean about using the word 'misbehave'. This is the same OB I had with my son. Due to our insurance changing when I was 32 weeks, I didn't start seeing her until then. Of course I hadn't had any problems until my first appt with her and my old OB and her were actually friends. She told me later that she had asked my old OB why she referred a patient to her that was just going to 'misbehave'. Luckily I really like her. She's young (probably late 30's early 40's) and she always has a really good sense of humor. So she's always laughing when she talks about 'misbehaving'. I'm sure if it didn't come across that way I might take offense to it though.
amypete - How cool that your baby is going to have a birthday of 8/9/10!
Sonja - Thanks! I've actually been telling friends and family that's it's still possible for me to go earlier just so no one gets stuck on that date. Both my sister and MIL are actually hoping something happens so I have her sooner because both of them are out of town that week. It's kind of weird to have people hoping that things go downhill lol:) Altbough sometimes I find myself hoping for that too. But then I remember the mag and how little my son was and change my mind!:)

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Thu Jul 29, 2010 09:08 pm

It is always so nice to have a plan - of course you have to be flexible if anything new comes up, but to have a actual date is a good thing.

Take care and rest up.

amypete

Postby amypete » Thu Jul 29, 2010 07:37 pm

Yeah! Mine got set for August 9th today -- her grandfather's birthday. I will be 37 and 6. Of course if anything goes haywire between now and then she'll induce sooner. Sooooo glad to have an end in sight. Good luck to you.

Amy

aggie95mom

Postby aggie95mom » Thu Jul 29, 2010 03:38 pm

Congrats on having a day! I loved getting to write 'delivery day' on my calendar last time because it meant I actually made it to the end and would likely have a take home baby.

I hate, however, that word 'misbehave'! My regular OB practice has 4 OBs and the one I really disliked in my full term pregnancy who treated me terribly in the hospital came into my 12 week appointment this time and asked me if I was going to 'behave myself'. I told her, no, I was going to purposely do whatever I wanted in hopes of giving my preeclampsia ... as if that's even possible. Needless to say, I was feeling a bit punchy that day, but I think she got the idea I didn't appreciate her attitude. I haven't seen her since :)

jonathonsmom

Induction date is set!

Postby jonathonsmom » Thu Jul 29, 2010 03:17 pm

I had my 36 week OB appt today and she has scheduled my induction for August 16th (I'll be 38 W 6 D). She doesn't want me going past 39 weeks due to my CHTN. She did say that if I start to 'misbehave' before then, that it will be sooner. I'm just happy that everything is holding steady! My BP has been 130's/80's for the most part since I started bedrest (with a few higher and lower readings) and although my protein levels are increasing, it is gradual so she is confident that the disease is not progressing rapidly. I'm doing another 24 hr urine this weekend so I guess we will see how that comes back. I'm just excited to have a 'no later than' date and that this pregnancy has turned out to be much better than the last! I thought for sure I would have more problems this time because my bp went up so much earlier. Just goes to show, you never know!:)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”