More bad luck?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
sam10
Forum Moderator

Re : More bad luck?

Postby sam10 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:03 pm

Ashley, I am so sorry your brother passed away!

I very much hope that it turns out that this is just a scare and you and baby are fine. (hugs)

jamilyn

Postby jamilyn » Sun Aug 01, 2010 07:41 pm

I hope I didn't scare you too much. It is def dangerous but you could end up being fine and the placenta staying put and being fine its just never a guarantee which sucks. The nurses all freaked out when they heard I had a complete abruption with it not showing up on the U/S and with no cramping or leaking or anything they said they had never had that happen before and I was at a hospital that handles all the High Risk for the most part in Phoenix. I'm also one though that never really has any symptoms of PE/HELLP and once I get bad I get bad quick, which I kept telling the nurses and Drs. As soon I got put on the Mag (on a monday) I told them we would deliver wed cause it was just too dangerous for him to be inside of me at that point and even at 25 weeks he was better off outside of me. He started doing worse on Wednesday (HR dropped and he slowed down on movement, they blamed the Mag).
Just listen to your body and def take it easy, Im sure they have already put you on restrictions so just follow all the Drs orders and take it as easy as you can. It's a good thing they are warning you now though and are talking to you about what to look for.
Also I just read your part about your brother passing away. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother.

ruby608

Postby ruby608 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 03:19 pm

OMG JAMILYN, my anxiety just shot way out the roof. I am so so so so so so sorry this happened to you.

jamilyn

Postby jamilyn » Sun Aug 01, 2010 01:23 am

I had my 3rd placenta attach there as well and was in the hospital on bedrest on Mag and was going to be delivering the afternoon my we found out my son had passed away in the 2 hours since I had had his HR checked. We had no idea what was going on or what had happened and it was from a placental abruption that I had no signs or symptoms of having (no bleeding, leaking or cramping, it was all interntal) I came close to having blood transfusions and a hysterectomy which I wouldve been fine with having that since I was having my tubes tied. I shouldve had transfusions from what Ive heard but they were hoping I'd be ok without it or something.
I hope this isnt your case at all and I really hope they are able to keep a very close eye on you. I was having daily U/S and even when we found out he was gone they couldnt tell I had an abruption on the U/S it wasn't till the c-section that they could tell.

angieb

Postby angieb » Sun Aug 01, 2010 00:31 am

:( I'm sorry to hear this. My fingers are crossed that it's nothing.

Thinking of you and your family.

ruby608

Postby ruby608 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 09:18 pm

Really Jenna? That makes me feel so much better. Especially since this scan was at 17 weeks. I get scanned this Thur by my OB (biweekly scan) then at 20 weeks with MFM.
My OB mentioned that she hopes it shifts lateral, so maybe that's what happened to you too.
Im hoping and praying this ends up being MINOR. I already have enough with pre-e to be scared about. **** Pre-e.

jennashell

Postby jennashell » Sat Jul 31, 2010 08:23 pm

During one of my early ultrasounds, the doc thought I might have it too during my 2nd pregnancy. My first pregnancy was an emergency c section too, but I didn't really realize what it meant. They kept telling me just to wait and see. If I would have the sense to ask questions or to check I would have been panicked. But at my 20 something week ultrasound they rechecked, and everything had either shifted, or they saw it wrong the first time.

amandaoasis

Postby amandaoasis » Sat Jul 31, 2010 02:11 pm

Oh Ashley, it's time for you to catch some sort of break. You and your family are all in my heart and I will continue to think positive hopeful thoughts for your baby boy.

apd

Postby apd » Sat Jul 31, 2010 02:06 pm

I don't have any advice - I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you're dealing with so much right now. I'll keep you, your baby and your placenta :) in my thoughts and prayers.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sat Jul 31, 2010 01:49 pm

Ashley, after reading your post last night, I remembered a member here who had a section and placenta accreta. I've tried since then to think of her name, and I can't remember it. Maybe it would be helpful just to have her to talk to - I'll keep thinking on it. I hate that even the possibility of this has been introduced to you; you've hard to endure far more than any one person should have to endure in a lifetime. I'm thinking of you and your baby (and your extended family, too).

Return to “Pregnant Again?”