More bad luck?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

More bad luck?

Postby ruby608 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 08:21 pm

Just talked to my OB, she called me at home. She had gotten the report from MFM and wanted to talk to me.

Short story is
My placenta attached RIGHT over my classical c-section scar
Watching me for placenta accreata since I guess they suspect I have it. It's where the placenta doesn't attach right implants too deep into the uterine wall. From what I have read, it's pretty serious. Blood loss, hysterectomy and other complications are common.
On top of that, I made a comment how neat it is to see a nice healthy placenta in the ultrasounds and she then said, that remind me, it's thicker than a normal placenta... so were watching that too.

I'm pretty anxious right now. My OB said later in pregnancy is when we start to worry.
Anyone have experience with this?
ruby608

Re : More bad luck?

Postby trish » Fri Jul 30, 2010 08:50 pm

I don't have any experience but I just wanted to say man you can't catch a break!!! No fair!! (((HUGS)))
trish
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Fri Jul 30, 2010 09:32 pm

No experience here either - I am hoping that you get some great reports soon!
sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby l412angel » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:03 pm

I really hope someone can give you some input soon!! (((HUGS)))
l412angel

Postby ruby608 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 04:02 am

Exactaly Trish! I feel like it's one thing after another.
Now that I have more of a clear mind, Ill try to explain more..

My OB called me today bc she got the report from MFM and was just calling me to talk and check in.

She said we need to watch my placenta closely, hopefully nothing happens. But she kept using the word placenta accreta over and over again.
"People with placenta accreta this... and people with placenta accreta that"
"placenta accreta tends to be.... or placent accreta can do....."

I didn't think TOO much of it because she seemed calm and I figured it just meant bc my placenta is RIGHT over my c-section scar (my good luck- sarcastic tone)

Of course I made the mistake of googling it. Bad bad bad idea.

Its pretty much that I will or already have it, the Dr said my placenta is RIGHT over my huge vertical c-section scar and that is a HUGE HUGE risk for this.

So to mention something positive, I commented how neat it is to actually see a placenta on ultrasound bc I never remember Nolans being big enough to see.

She said, ya "Dr MFM" also mentioned your placenta being on the large side, so we will watch that too. Then something about the nasal bone being good.
Find out big placentas can mean bad things that baby has too. So I think that was her point.

I see her Thur, so I can get all my questions answered with a backround education on the placenta accreta and a more clear mind but I still had a major freakout. It seems to be one thing after another in my life.

Im sick of overly positive people telling me... stop worrying because everything will be alright because we have been through enough. Im scared, this subsequent pregnancy high risk stuff is SCARY and let me be realistic.
This baby is not garanteed bc my brother died (ya that happened last week). Geesh. I get peoples point but why cant they be as cool as you girls and just 'get it'

I knew going into this that my c-section scar was a risk
Then I knew where the placenta ended up was a bigger risk, after they told me it was RIGHT over my scar
Then this info tonight that is the affect/effect of where the placenta is.... causing placenta accreta

And let's not all forget that PIA Pre-eclampsia that we all have to worry sick about.

I sound really stressed in this post, but I am more scared than freaking out right now. I just want some luck. Just as I was starting to feel 'safe' about some things, this happens.
I love my OB and she didn't seem stressed and I went back and listened to her original voicemail she left before I called her back, I felt a sense of calm in her voice when she said...
I quote

"everything looks good, we will watch the placenta and see what comes of it, hopefully nothing"

I sure hope she's right, I just need some extra prayers. I don't want to blog this, or even tell my family this until I know real details on how my Dr feel MY situation is. My Mom has been through enough the past 2 weeks, I cant throw this on her too. The only thing that makes her smile right now is all the good news from this baby.I cant break her heart with a possible worry, at least not yet.
ruby608

Postby mrss » Sat Jul 31, 2010 09:55 am

I am so sorry you're having a rough time again. I'm glad your OB thought enough to call you and speak personally with you on the phone, though. I am also very sorry that your brother passed away. The pressure on you and your family is tremendous.
mrss

Postby kellikbock » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:30 am

I'm sorry about your brothers passing, and with everything you've had to endure. You must be one strong lady to handle all of these things.
What would your options then be for delivery? Would you be able to be induced for a VBAC or is there another option for a C-Section? Prayerfully, everything will turn out fine & this will be the only bump in this pregnancy road.
kellikbock

Postby chloeada » Sat Jul 31, 2010 01:26 pm

I'm so sorry you have to go through this! My placenta is over my c-section scar, too, but it was a horizontal c-section. I noticed the MFM came in and did extra u/s shots of the placenta at the end of our 20- week ultrasound, but she didn't mention why at all. After the appointment I got to thinking- hey, won't this make it hard/dangerous to have another c-section? Hopefully we'll both get more info. soon. Good luck at your next appointment!
chloeada

Postby heather j » Sat Jul 31, 2010 01:49 pm

Ashley, after reading your post last night, I remembered a member here who had a section and placenta accreta. I've tried since then to think of her name, and I can't remember it. Maybe it would be helpful just to have her to talk to - I'll keep thinking on it. I hate that even the possibility of this has been introduced to you; you've hard to endure far more than any one person should have to endure in a lifetime. I'm thinking of you and your baby (and your extended family, too).
heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby apd » Sat Jul 31, 2010 02:06 pm

I don't have any advice - I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you're dealing with so much right now. I'll keep you, your baby and your placenta :) in my thoughts and prayers.
apd

Next

Return to Pregnant Again?