Weight Gain and PE

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
jenmatt1

Re : Weight Gain and PE

Postby jenmatt1 » Tue Nov 13, 638942 4:33 pm

I don't believe that weight causes PE- I only gained less than 24 lbs with my daughter and probably 5-6 were water gain from the swelling and edema- plus she was an 8 lb 8 ounce baby preemie. This time, I have not gained even less weight - only about 4 lbs at 24 weeks but the baby is measuring larger than weeks again, and my belly is huge. My doc said not to worry too much about it and they were more concerned with baby's growth and thriving.

l412angel

Weight Gain and PE

Postby l412angel » Tue Nov 13, 638942 4:26 am

So I am 13 weeks two days and I have gained 9 pounds according to doc...8 lbs according to my scale. Anyways he said I need to watch it because gaining weight can increase PE. Now here is why I have an issue with this. Last time I was thinner (by 5 lbs) and in the best shape of my life and a runner and barely gained any weight during pregnancy (until I swelled at least) and I got very Ill...so how can they say that?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”