how fast can it change?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
naomihope427

Re : how fast can it change?

Postby naomihope427 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 02:00 pm

It can progress very quickly, please speak up to your doctor and let him/her know everything that is going on ESPECIALLY about that headache that hasn't gone away with tylenol. That is *exactly* what made my doctor deliever me last week on Thursday. I had been in hospital almost a week and I was doing fine, an high bp here and there,my labs were *ok* but slowly going up on uric acid levels & lowering platelets. He had checked my reflexes a day prior to me being delievered and they were quite brisk, something I had never seen before. Also a day or two before, my friends visited me and I felt like possibly same way you were describing I wanted to jump out of my skin I could not sit still in my bed I thought wth is going on. I thought opssibly a medicine sideeffect but now I know it wasnt.

Please let doctor or nurse know ASAP about that headache. 32 weeks was my 3rd goal from doctor. That is a great place to be! So based on my headache, my doctor almost came in the middle of the night to deliever me but waited into the morning but that day I ended up being delievered.

Everyones case is differnt but with that headache not going away, I can't stress it enough. You will do great mama!! hang in there!!

jules2

Postby jules2 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:13 am

Yes, it took me 36 hours to go from mild hypertension to severe preeclampsia, multiple organ failure, HELLP, baby dying and myself in intensive care.

Don't want to worry you but I would never ignore symptoms or changes in symptoms just because you had a "good" test result a day or two ago.

Good luck though x

apd

Postby apd » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:48 am

Yes - I went that fast. At 33 weeks too - our son was 3 lb 5 oz and spent 24 days in the NICU. Get to the hospital so they can give you steroids - I'm sure that made his stay shorter. He's now an amazing kid with no preemie issues except for being skinny, but his dad's a rail too.

Please call and get checked out - and keep us updated.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:43 am

Yes, it can change that fast. We've had women go from fine at their 2pm OB appointment to Class I HELLP by midnight.

I'd get checked out -- you sound miserable, and having them rule out worsening disease will help keep you and your little one safe.

aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby aajatwins » Fri Sep 24, 2010 08:52 am

I would definitely be concerned if Tylenol does nothing for a horrible headache. That is one of the tell-tale signs of bad things to come. Can you call your OB's office and ask a nurse?

klutsyone01

how fast can it change?

Postby klutsyone01 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 06:00 am

i feel like im loosing my mind. im 32 weeks right now. ive been on bedrest for a week right now because i went to labor and deliver and my bp was like 130s over 90. i ded a 24 hr protien on tues and my lvl 156 and i did a liver panel on thurseday and my doctor said it was normal. heres the weird part since ive been on bedrest my bps have been lower 130 or 120 over low 80s. But yesterday i felt horrible and my bp stayed 140s over 96 no matter what. on top of that i have a hideous headache. tynenol is NOT working at all!!! my husband checked my knee reflex and my leg flew in the air. i feel jittery and off. like my skin is crawling. i dont want to go sit in labor and delivey for nothing. when should i realy worry? and can pre e turn that fast?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”