lucas is here

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
sezza

Re : lucas is here

Postby sezza » Tue Oct 05, 2010 05:41 am

hey
Have not been back on here for a bit as it was a tough week last week. milk took a wee bit to come in and lucas was hungry.... plus forgot how full on the post pregnancy hormones can be....
anyway the difference that i did from my first to my second pregnancy was that i did a detox before i got pregnant with my second. with my first i was pretty lax when it came to diet and drank alcohol most nights of the week... though just a couple of glasses of wine. Before getting pregnant with my first i was in a pretty high stressed job and with my second was a stay at home mother which is not without its' own stresses!!!!
when i was pregnant with my first we moved countries, both started new jobs and got married which was way to much.
This pregnancy i made sure that i rested all the time, ate really well( which included protein at every meal, lots of fruit and vegies and as few preservatives as possible), did not drink any alcohol for about 3 months before i got pregnant and whilst pregnant.
My mother came to stay with us from 28 weeks so that i could rest. We live in a small town so she came just incase we went early and then she could look after my girl. So while she was here i had sleep ins daily and afternoon sleeps.
I took aspirin from 13-23 weeks. Our daughter was so full on when she was born that i could not handle the thought that i would have another really full on child as i was worried about inter cranial bleeds so stopped taking. I went on coenzyme q10 instead and made sure that i took a multivitamin, fish oils and probiotics.
I saw a counsellor my whole pregnancy and did lots of meditation just to keep my anxiety in check.
as for the birth, i saw a midwife weekly from 28 weeks so we got to know each other pretty well. she knew that i really wanted a natural birth. We went to the hospital at 3 in the morning thinking that we were in the throws of labour only to be told that it was not that established as the contractions were not regular. it took another 12 hours for lucas to be born. i think that the thing that made it possible was my midwife. she was there the whole time despite her shift finishing half way through the labour. she was really aware of the time that i would be "allowed" to labour and how to stretch that so that i could get the natural birth whilst being safe.
lucas was happy the whole time and from the sounds of it i had a very textbook first time labour.... long but fruitful. she broke my waters at 7 cms as it looked like we were going to stay there for a bit and this certainly got things going,
so there is my story. i am really pleased about how it ended, although if you had asked me at the beginning i would not have even considered that i would have got to the end and got the birth i wanted. it was a really long 9 months and i will never know if what i did made any difference to the outcome but i like to think that it did.
i really hope that you all get the same outcome, namely a non traumatic birth. my best friend said to me when i was about 20 weeks that i was not high risk as look at my bps and health. i did not believe her at the time but she was right. my high risk pregnancy was my first.

brismom

Postby brismom » Mon Oct 04, 2010 09:05 am

Congrats! Yes, would love to hear if you did anything even the least bit different this time.

klutsyone01

Postby klutsyone01 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 01:47 am

Woohoo! Love to hear the whole birth story!

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 08:14 pm

congrats and welcome to the world Lucas

jean

Postby jean » Sun Oct 03, 2010 08:00 pm

Congratulations! Did you do anything differently for this pg?

mrss

Postby mrss » Sun Oct 03, 2010 05:54 pm

Congratulations!

anonpreemiemom

Postby anonpreemiemom » Tue Sep 28, 2010 06:31 pm

Awesome! So happy for you!

me793462

Postby me793462 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:45 am

Yay, congrats!

leftcoastgirl

Postby leftcoastgirl » Mon Sep 27, 2010 06:31 pm

Congratulations!!!!! Enjoy your new little bundle and glad you made it PE free!

angieb

Postby angieb » Mon Sep 27, 2010 06:18 pm

Congrats!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”