Just don't feel like myself

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
bkanglin

Re : Just don't feel like myself

Postby bkanglin » Thu Sep 30, 2010 09:06 pm

Glad to hear that they got you in and are keeping an eye on you! :) I hope you start to feel better soon!!!

apd

Postby apd » Thu Sep 30, 2010 01:53 pm

That's really good news! BPs being higher's not fantastic, but they're not at worrisome levels yet so hopefully you can stay at that level for another 10 weeks or so. I hope your cold passes soon and you feel more normal.

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 01:29 pm

I went in for BP check and blood work- no protein in urine either. BP was 125/70- which for me is about 20-30 points higher for top number. Doc thinks I am just getting a cold and that might be why BP is up a little. It at least made me feel better to go in. She is having me call in my BP numbers for next week to nurse and told me if I continue to feel this way, to call her. I did get a good night sleep last night which has seemed to make me feel a little better- but BP is still in 120s.

mrss

Postby mrss » Thu Sep 30, 2010 09:05 am

What did they tell you when they called back?

jules2

Postby jules2 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 02:57 pm

I do some of my own checks particularly the protein dipsticks - not sure if this is something you think might help you? Its pretty easy to do!

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 01:08 pm

The first time with my daughter I just felt off- not really any other symptoms except some backpain, which I thought was normal for pregnancy. So it does worry me a bit, although I think this is probably more from being tired. I had a last minute business trip from Wed- Fri then my husband left on Sun for his and won't be back until Thurs. My next appointment is not for 2 weeks since everything had been going well so far with this pregnancy. But I really don't feel comfortable waiting that long so I did put call into the nurse and left message asking if they could just do some bloodwork, check my protein and check my BP at the office since I was feeling off. The office is at lunch right now, but I am sure they will call me back soon. thanks for advice

naomihope427

Postby naomihope427 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:58 am

I would go in, if I were you. That is how I felt when I had my first daughter, I just did not feel right I had felt something was going on or off. I would def take that feeling of yours & head in to doctors and demand testing or what not. And just watch your body and note how you feel and if you can write it down, when you experience these symptoms or headaches and what youre feeling so you can take it with you to doctors.

keep us updated!

apd

Postby apd » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:46 am

When's your next regular appointment? Can you just come in for blood work? Can you get a sitter or schedule a playdate for an afternoon and see if you still feel off after good rest? You have to weigh being the loony or picking up the disease early. Although I don't think any of us want to hear pre-e or HELLP, but it's not like not getting the diagnosis makes it not true. Plus you have a little girl to think of. If I were you I'd call and say it's probably nothing, but I feel like I did last time and am hoping I can get my blood work done. They'll probably say yes and you'd just have to pop in for 10 minutes of bloodwork. Hope that helps - please keep us updated

jenmatt1

Just don't feel like myself

Postby jenmatt1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:26 am

When do you call the doctor? I am currently 25 weeks and the last 2 days I just don't feel like myself. Part of this is probably because I was traveling for work last week. This week my husband is traveling for 5 days for business and I have been home with my 2 year old. My BP is still ok. Although a little higher than my normals, my doc would not be concerned by these numbers.

I feel a little like a hypochondriac because I feel like I have a headache and just off a little, and I hate to be the crazy lady calling the docs office all the time. But with my daughter, I had HELLP and I felt like I just had a cold or the flu. I had no other real symptoms at that point.

What would you ladies do?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”