deppresed

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
mrss

Re : deppresed

Postby mrss » Sun Oct 10, 2010 05:42 pm

I so understand wanting it to be over. We really wanted another baby, but I did not enjoy this last pregnancy because I was anxious over how it would all turn out. I had just started feeling a bit of relief--like maybe I wouldn't get sick again--when I got sick. We are very blessed that our daughter is doing so well and I am relieved that it's all over (well, my pressures aren't normal yet, but I don't feel as bad as I did when I was pregnant). I also felt guilty the whole time because I wanted to not be pregnant anymore.

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Fri Oct 08, 2010 06:33 am

I completely understand. I had similar feelings with my 2nd pregnancy - yet with patience on my side and the excellent medical care, she was born JUST over full-term - 37+1!

Hang in there ...

klutsyone01

Postby klutsyone01 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 07:10 pm

Went To my regular apt. She ordered a liver Panel and a 24 hr protien panel. Im so tired of this. Thanks for understanding that even though i want a healthy little man Im terrified they will keep pushing to keep him in to the point it makes us both really sick.

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Tue Oct 05, 2010 05:56 pm

My first reaction is to call your MFM - or better yet, go in. Insist they check everything they should (and write down all the things you want them to check while there before you get there so you have a "checklist").

Don't feel badly about wanting this illness over - delivery is the only cure and the balancing act is a careful one.

Trust your gut - and call.

(((hugs)))

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 09:24 am

I don't disagree with your feelings over wanting the pregnancy to be over. Of course we all know you want your baby to be ok no matter when you deliver. But I feel like you do. I'd rather deliver at 34 weeks then try to push it to 36 and hurt my health or the babies health. I think docs shouldn't arbitrarily choose a date for delivery if things get worse. My daughter was delivered at 34 1/2 weeks because of HELLP and besides monitoring in the NIC unit for 5 days was healthy and I recovered. Now I know that not all babies at that stage would be that lucky, but I think had my doc tried to push me to wait any longer that I would have been in serious condition and I think that my daughter would have been at risk too. I think you need to make sure your doc is listening and if not, check yourself into L&D. I also do not see where they did blood work on you for platelet count- mine dropped significantly in a matter of a few hours.

amandaoasis

Postby amandaoasis » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:55 pm

I'm sorry you are having so many issues...but I agree with the PP that you have done so well making it this far! I hope your doctor is taking your symptoms seriously.

apd

Postby apd » Mon Oct 04, 2010 09:35 pm

Wow. Does your doc know all of these symptoms? At what stage would they admit you for bedrest? Have you gotten steriod shots? How big is the baby? My goal is 35 weeks - it sounds like you're really close to that. I wouldn't worry about going "full term" you've gotten really far. I'm sorry these last couple of weeks are sucking - hopefully it will all be a bad dream in about a month.

klutsyone01

deppresed

Postby klutsyone01 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 09:05 pm

Im 34 weeks 1 day. I've been on homerest for the last two weeks for high bp. Its consistently 145/95. my 24 hr protien a few weeks ago was 156. my hands and feet are so swollen. You can push on my ankle and the indentation stays for over 3 mins. At my last apt we did a liver panel and my doctor said i was fine. I see sparkles or glitter spots. Not all the time but randomly. I've had a couple migraines but they lessen. I do have like constant pressure in my head. To make matters worse last week i developed a rash that started on my feet and spread upwards. It inches like crazy. I feel like roadkill. My husband look at me last night and told me my eyes were yellow. Im really hoping that it was the lighting. I don't know if Im just losing my mind. Wtf is all this? I just.want to curl in a ball and bawl. I don't know what to do anymore. I want this pregnancy to be over then i feel guilty and evil for feeling this way. All we all want is a full term baby and i just want him out. Im scared and i keep waiting for the shoe to drop or something bad to happen to him. Thanks for letting me vent.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”