Discouraged :(

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
lukesmom06

Re : Discouraged :(

Postby lukesmom06 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 01:09 pm

The time difference is in getting admitted, he can call and say send her straight to labor and deliver for csection, and for the OB I would have to go through admitting and triage and wait for a OB to be assigned.
But so far so good, my pressures are looking much better...
Thanks for all the prayers...

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:29 am

I would think that if you walked into the NICU hospital ill they'd admit you immediately regardless of your doctors status. But there certainly are reasons to keep an MFM on board, regardless of their bedside manner. I'm glad you have a good OB that you trust.

aggie95mom

Postby aggie95mom » Sat Oct 09, 2010 04:51 am

Maybe you can just see your OB with your MFM consulting, if needed? My situation is the opposite ... my OB office stresses me out, while the MFM is much better. It's nice, though, once you find something that will work for you. You have enough anxiety going through pregnancy anyway to not add anymore. Sounds like your OB is on top of things. Hope everything continues on a smooth path.

lukesmom06

Postby lukesmom06 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:13 am

Thanks everyone, the last few days have been eventful. I hit 150/100 and went off to my OB. She thinks my stress over the MFM probably caused me to spike and it just stayed up. I am on "take it easy" bedrest and dropped some of my work load. If it doesn't stay down, we will add labetalol. She said she saw no reason we wouldn't make it to 35 weeks or longer, we have alot of things in our arsenal yet. I dipped no proteind and we will probably order a 24 hour urine after the next appt. And said we will probably go ahead and schedule the c section at the next appt in two weeks. She said we will do the follow up u/s at the MFM and be done with him as far as appts. They only reason she doesn't want to cut ties with him, is he can get me into and delivered at the NICU in less than 30 minutes in a crisis. It would take her an hour because she is not part of their system.

Baby is active and doing fine as far as we can tell. He is in the 43rd percentile and has been about that all along ( we make small babies in my family anyway ). Next appt we will talk about steriod shots, NST's and BPP tests.

Please Please say a prayer for us! I really want to make it to 35 weeks, but would prefer to be 36-37 so I can deliver at with my OB and not with a strange doctor at the NICU hospital. I will do whatever my baby needs, but I trust my OB and not so much with the MFM.

Esther- I would change if we could, the next closest MFM is over an hour away...hard to believe but our town of 60,000 only has one MFM at the NICU hospital.

evancaleb10

Postby evancaleb10 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 01:02 am

Maybe you should ask to see another doctor in the group instead. I'm sorry but with you having a history of PE it is unacceptable for you to go to the doctor and your BP and urine are not checked. Continue checking your BP daily and don't underestimate any symptoms. I'm sure you're ok but also remember stressing can have an effect on your BP. Praying that the remainder of your pregnancy goes well and you deliver a healthy baby. Don't lose hope!

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:22 am

think we all have these kind of days the 2nd time around- just keep eye on BP to make sure it is somewhat behaving itself and try not to worry too much[-

angieb

Postby angieb » Thu Oct 07, 2010 00:36 am

I'm sorry your MFM is a jerk. Can you see someone else?

And I'm sorry that your bp is not behaving. I hope it gets in check soon and you have many many more healthy weeks of pregnancy left!

lukesmom06

Discouraged :(

Postby lukesmom06 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 07:56 pm

Everything has gone wonderfully, I was starting to have a rise at 23 weeks we upped my methlydopa and it went right back down. Up until now I averaged 122/78, today I can't get a reading under 130/80. I know that is not bad, but it freaks me out. I am only 25 weeks. I really don't want to do a micro preemie again, especially not one earlier than my son's 31 weeks. I know there is more we can do, I am at the top of the aldomet dosage so we will be adding or switching to something else if this keeps up. I had a horrible appt with my MFM, he was a huge jerk and my appt only lasted 12 minutes.. he didn't even take urine or check my blood pressure. I was so stressed after that appt. But that was several days ago now, so that shouldn't be causing any issues.

I am just so discouraged today after doing so well this pregnancy, I am worried about my baby.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”