Julianne Faith is here

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
mrss

Re : Julianne Faith is here

Postby mrss » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:12 am

She was born at 35 weeks 4 days.

aggie95mom

Postby aggie95mom » Sat Oct 09, 2010 04:47 am

Enjoy your sweet baby girl! Beautiful name :)

apd

Postby apd » Fri Oct 08, 2010 08:59 pm

Sounds like you've had a crazy couple of days. Very glad that she's doing so well. What gestation was she?

angieb

Postby angieb » Fri Oct 08, 2010 07:55 pm

I'm sorry that you got sick again but glad your DD did well! Congratulations!

amandaoasis

Postby amandaoasis » Fri Oct 08, 2010 04:46 pm

What a roller coaster! I'm so glad that things turned out well. Welcome Julianne and congrats to your family!

mrss

Julianne Faith is here

Postby mrss » Fri Oct 08, 2010 03:33 pm

This pregnancy my pressures started really going up at 33 weeks. I had a weekend trip in to L&D to get evaluated and was sent home by the OB on call with a prescription for Labetalol. By the next week when I followed up with my own OB, that dosage didn't seem to be working anymore and I was admitted to the hospital for a couple days to figure out what dosage was going to work for me. The following week I came down with a virus/flu (I can't believe it was only last week!) and was admitted to the hospital because I couldn't keep my blood pressure medicine down. I was on IV Labetalol and Zofran and stayed overnight until I was rehydrated and could be released with Zofran tablets. My OB had hopes that I could hang tight until 37 weeks before we induced because my platelets were fairly stable (although lower than normal) and I wasn't throwing protein. He was also going out of town for a conference and told me to behave and not have anything happen while he was out of town. That worked for me because I had my DS at 37 weeks 2 days with a successful induction with this same doctor. I felt a lot better, but was still sick with the virus and not feeling 100%. Friday I noticed that I was having some high pressure readings, but they would come down. Saturday I felt awful and spent most of the day upstairs in bed, only coming downstairs once or twice. I had aches, sweats, etc. that I attributed to the flu. By Sunday I realized I was having increasingly high pressure readings every time I checked. I wasn't convinced that our new blood pressure cuff was accurate, however, and I told the on-call OB/GYN that when I called Sunday afternoon. She suggested that I take an additional dose of the Labetalol and see if it brought my pressures down. If it didn't work or if I kept feeling awful, I should call her back later. Within a couple hours it was clear that my pressures were still going up and not down (210/110). My father came over to watch my son while we went into L&D. I really thought the doctor would use some IV meds to get me stabilized and then keep me in the hospital for the next week until I was closer to 37 weeks. After the IV Labetalol did nothing to lower my pressures, it became clear we were having the baby sooner rather than later. The MFM and my own OB recommended an induction, but a check for presentation showed that DD was transverse and not in a good position to attempt a version. I ended up with a c-section at 1:24 in the morning. My OB came in to do it, even though it was his weekend off and he was getting ready to leave town. DD did very well. She spent some time in the transitional care nursery, but didn't have any NICU time and and was able to room in with me. One of the hospital peds stopped in yesterday morning (before we were discharged) to tell me what a strong little girl she is. A mom always likes to hear that. :)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”