thought I would feel more optimistic when I got this far

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
celticepona

Re: thought I would feel more optimistic when I got this far

Postby celticepona » Tue Dec 07, 2010 07:18 pm

Its okay to feel anxious when you hit an anniversary milestone in a second pregnancy. I felt the same way when I hit 34 weeks with Isabelle bc that is when I got it the first time. Just take a deep breath and hang in there. If anything you are armed with knowledge and previous experience so that if it does happen again you can jump on it and call your doc ASAP. Thats what I did the second time around. Take good care of yourself. :)
Amy. DH Rich.
Emily born 04/01/04 @ 37 weeks. 5.bs 15 oz. Severe PE. Strict leftside bedrest 3 weeks before delivery, 2 weeks postpartum. Postpartum PE.
Isabelle born 04/19/08 @ 37 weeks. 6lbs 9 oz. PE. Under care of high risk peri and bp meds throughout preg.
IT'S A GIRL! Faith Michelle" due 06/18/11. Under care of high risk peri. On Aldomet for bps and antinausea meds.

kdreher

Postby kdreher » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:26 am

I felt the same way when I reached the week/day that my son came at 26 weeks..in 1995. So 13 yrs later I was in tears and very fearfull all day/night. I had great OBGYN care with my last pregnancy but they knew to watch me. PE didn't stay away and Michael was IUGR but we made it to 32 weeks on 6 weeks of bedrest. All I can offer is try, try, try to take it one day at a time and think positively. I know it's hard, I really do..when I'd worry I'd just tell myself we are fine, this is a new pregnancy and it will turn out great. It was bumpy and we did a 6 week stay in NICU but here we are 2 yrs later, unbelievable happy and healthy and WE MADE IT. :)
~Kristine~
Michael Jon (11/19/2008) 32 weeks 2 days, 2 lbs 10 ounces, Preeclampsia, IUGR
Tyler (3/9/1995 ~ 3/23/1995) 26 weeks 3 days, 15 ounces, Eclampsia, HELLP, IUGR

angieb

Postby angieb » Sat Dec 04, 2010 07:57 pm

I know even now that I'm almost 16 weeks and we are rapidly approaching the time when things started going wrong with our Olivia- first my quad screen at 18 weeks or so, then her growth, then the pain, then HELLP at 23 wks...I definitely am getting anxious all over again and I'm sure even if things go better this time, like my quad screen comes back normal, I'm not going to rest all that easy.

I know that they can't really do much but keep an eye on your symptoms but maybe you could get a round of labs on Monday to set your mind at ease a bit. I don't think you would be out of line to ask for monitoring on the baby, like non stress tests or BPP's, too.
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/

emmyab

Postby emmyab » Sat Dec 04, 2010 07:00 pm

im happy im not the only one!
feeling the same right along with you... just hanging in there!!

jenmatt1

thought I would feel more optimistic when I got this far

Postby jenmatt1 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 04:47 pm

Today is the point in my pregnancy with my daughter that I delivered her. I thought getting to this point would make me feel better, but I actually think I feel more anxious- that is that HELLP syndrome is just hiding around the corner and will strike at any point now. I know 34 weeks is a great place to be, but I am also scared too. With my daughter I didn't have a lot of symptoms that made me suspect anything was wrong. Within hours of going to hospital her heartbeat started racing and falling and she was in distress- yet I still didn't feel horrible- just off. I actually felt worst for about the week after the delivery than I did before it. Now I am afraid that something is going to go wrong without me even nowing about it. I hate to say this- but I almost really just wish I would have this baby soon and not take any chances. BP is not high but is slowly creeping up last few weeks and I just feel like it is almost time to go. I just don't want to miss any signs or anything this time.
Mom to Olivia 4/4/2008 born at 34 1/2 weeks due to class I HELLP
Declan born 1/4/2011- no HELLP or PE- YEAH

Return to “Pregnant Again?”